Windows 10: shifting icons in notification tray

Discus and support shifting icons in notification tray in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have seen this problem all over the internet with no resolution. The icons in the notification area of the taskbar are shifting to the right and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarshaCovert, Mar 25, 2020.

1. shifting icons in notification tray

I have seen this problem all over the internet with no resolution. The icons in the notification area of the taskbar are shifting to the right and left continuously. I have factory reset the computer and done a clean reboot. There are no additional programs installed. All driver updates for the Dell Inspiron have been completed. I've uninstalled the touchscreen interface. Dell Tech Support wants me to pay $236 for a year's subscription to solve this issue despite that the issue is not user error, but their own hardware / software. The computer is only 1.5 years old but processing slowly due to this bug.

:)

MarshaCovert, Mar 25, 2020

2. No OneDrive icon in the notification tray

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10. Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check.

• Go to Settings.
      • Select System.
      • Click on Notifications & Actions.
      • Click on Select which icons appear on the task bar.
      • And choose the following icons you wish to keep on task bar.
      • Restart the Computer.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Notification area (system tray) icons missing, Reset did not work

Hi Kevin,

With regard to your query about the system tray, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps.

• Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled
      Notification Area and click on Customize.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • If you'd like to always show all icons, turn the slider window to On.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Mar 25, 2020
  4. shifting icons in notification tray

Remove windows defender icon from the tray on win 10

Hi Vaso,

To help you remove Windows Defender icon from your computer's system tray, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click taskbar, and then choose Settings.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Turn off the Windows Defender notification icon.
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

shifting icons in notification tray

1. shifting icons in notification tray - Similar Threads - shifting icons notification

2. Missing Settings/Notifications icon in tray, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Settings/Notifications icon in tray, Windows 11: Somehow, the icon for Settings/Notifications disappeared from my Tray. It used to appear to the right of the clock-see screenshot. It looked like a small folder from which I could open notifications and settings. Also, how do I get rid of the Security icon that appears with...
  3. Missing Settings/Notifications icon in tray, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Settings/Notifications icon in tray, Windows 11: Somehow, the icon for Settings/Notifications disappeared from my Tray. It used to appear to the right of the clock-see screenshot. It looked like a small folder from which I could open notifications and settings. Also, how do I get rid of the Security icon that appears with...
  4. System Tray Notification Icons Disappear Move

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Tray Notification Icons Disappear Move: After my New Laptop installed the latest update this morning KB5003637, my System Tray Icons will condense when you select a navigation item or the expanded list and then will disappear.Resizing the System Tray Icons will bring them back until you select something...
  5. Notification/System tray programs showing wrongs icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification/System tray programs showing wrongs icons: Hello, I have a bit of an odd problem, which is purely cosmetic, yet very frustrating. My system tray apps (notification area, the right part of the taskbar) are almost always showing the icons of other installed apps (Even some that aren't currently running). In addition,...
  6. Active Defender icon in notification tray?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Active Defender icon in notification tray?: There IS NO Tools menu anywhere. Does anyone know how to set Windows Defender to display its icon in the notification tray? Having a static shortcut icon in the taskbar accomplishes nothing....
  7. Fix for Windows 10 System Tray icons shifting automatically.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix for Windows 10 System Tray icons shifting automatically.: I've come across a few threads where some "all in one" or newer laptops that may have touch screens have issues with the system tray resizing or shifting. I happened to come across one of these today. It was a laptop, and being certified by the vendor to repair it I was able...
  8. Defender tray notification icon deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender tray notification icon deleted: Hi, everyone *Biggrin Sorry to bother for small things, by mistake in CCleaner I deleted the startup entry of Defender notification icon. I remember I have seen a reg file here, in this forum but can't find it. *Banghead Could you be nice to help me finding it? I don't...
  9. Bluetooth icon not showing in system tray/notification area?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth icon not showing in system tray/notification area?: I searched to see if anyone addresses this issue and didn't find a thread for my exact problem, pardon me if I missed it... I used to have a bluetooth icon showing in my system tray/notification area, which was a nice convenience. It disappeared within the past week or so,...
  10. Tray notification icons not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Tray notification icons not showing: Dell XPS-13 Windows 10 Creators Update The icons I choose to "show" in the tray become hidden at the next bootup or restart. Tray icon settings do not "take". Wiped out next time. The problems with this awful update to Windows 10 are never-ending. Please help. 85913