Windows 10: Shimmering/Jagged edges/flicker in game.

Discus and support Shimmering/Jagged edges/flicker in game. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought gaming pc before 1 month after 2-3 weeks i see shimmering in gta 5 euro truck simulator 2 fortnite insurgency project cars 2 MY PC I3 8100... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by martinnenov, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Shimmering/Jagged edges/flicker in game.

I bought gaming pc before 1 month after 2-3 weeks i see shimmering in gta 5 euro truck simulator 2 fortnite insurgency project cars 2

MY PC I3 8100 PALIT GTX 1050 TI MSI H310M PRO-M2 8GB DDR4 ADATA 240GB SSD ADATA 550W POWER SUPLY

Things that i try.

Using 2 secound monitors

Using 1 TV

Using 3 or 4 cables with vga hdmi

Using Display Driver Unistaller

Using old drivers

Using new drivers

Install win 7,8.1

Installing win 10 without gpu

Changing gpu

Removing gpu

Using the pc in my friend house

Using the pc in another room in my house

Things that i no try.

Update BIOS

RMA becuase i know the proglem is not from the gpu

Within 3 or 4 days i will call to the company that i buy the pc and ask em they to diagnostic the proglem becuase im not in the country or to seggest me to update the bios

I hope one of u help me Shimmering/Jagged edges/flicker in game. smile.png

:)

martinnenov, Aug 16, 2018
  2. Madlark Win User

Jagged edges, shimmering, flickering in most games

Hi all,

I know there have been numerous posts like this all over the Internet since as early as 2013, but as far as I know none of them have found a solution. So here I am. Why post here? Because it's just as likely a DirectX/Windows issue as a GPU-related one (and
    yes, I've contacted Nvidia as well).

ISSUES

1. Since about a month ago (May 2017), the vast majority of the games I play show jagged aliased edges on objects at medium/far distance, as well as flickering on the said objects and shimmering shadows/grass (even close-up). This is happening both in 2k
    and 4k DSR. Now, before I get the usual "this is normal, this is how AA works" treatment – no, it isn't. Simply because up until a month ago, it was fine.
    Period.

2. The obvious way of solving this was by checking the Nvidia Control Panel settings, except nothing I've tried worked. Oddly enough, I noticed that most of the settings, most notably the DSR Smoothness, had no effect whatsoever on any of the games I've
    tested this with EXCEPT The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

The games I've tested (at 2k and 4k DSR): Fallout 4 (was textbook-perfect until this happened), Alien: Isolation, The Bureau: Xcom Declassified
    (never installed before), The Elder Scrolls Online, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. Of the above, only The Vanishing looks as good as the others used to – no jaggies, no shimmering, DSR Smoothness gets applied properly.

SOLUTIONS TRIED AND FAILED

1. Rolled back Nvidia drivers several times, currently running 378.49 from way before the issue first happened. Was using DDU for uninstalling each time. So it's unlikely the driver's fault.

2. Checked the in-game graphics settings.

3. Reinstalled the games which have this issue, removed all mods.

4. Tried all possible Nvidia Control Panel settings.

5. Physically swapped the GPUs around.

6. Tested the games with first just one GPU, then just the other, various PCI-e slots.

7. Reset the CMOS to defaults (running the latest BIOS). So it doesn't look like it's hardware, either.

8. Reinstalled the monitor driver.

9. Tried changing desktop resolution, disabled scaling in program properties, tried compatibility modes and running as admin.

10. Installed Windows Creators Update, mucked around with its new scaling settings, rolled back.

11. Rolled back every Windows update I could.

12. Tried different Power plans.

13. Checked the actual monitor’s settings (thought perhaps Sharpness was too high – nope).

SOLUTIONS NOT TRIED YET

1. Windows reinstall. I have lots of sound production software installed, and reinstalling it all would be a pain. I will probably try to do a clean install of Windows on a different drive later though, to see if the issues remain.

2. Physically moving the PC, using a different wall socket, getting a UPS – this was all suggested to other users on different forums, but personally I think this is just so much nonsense: if one game works and the others don’t, this has nothing to do with
    power.

PC STATS

2x Gainward GTX1080 Phoenix GLH in SLI, factory-overclocked

Intel i76850k (OC @ 4.2GHz)

MSI X99a Krait

16Gb Patriot Viper 4 RAM (2 sticks of 8)

Samsung SSD 950Pro

LG 24MB56 monitor

Windows 10 64x

Focusrite Scarlett 6i6

EVGA Supernova 850 P2

ADDITIONAL INFO

The CPU and GPU temps are absolutely fine – CPU never goes above 55 (30 when idle),
    GPUs stay at 45-60, depending on load.

None of the games except The Elder Scrolls Online had any updates around the time the issues appeared.

See signature for PC specs.

VIDEOS (watch in HD and fullscreen)

The Bureau: Xcom Declassified (4k DSR)

– note the left side of the door at 0:22

– the top parts of the windows

Fallout 4 (2k)

– the bridge

– the rails

Alien: Isolation (4k DSR, almost playable, but the generally smooth picture makes the flickering stand out more when it happens)

– the keyboard panel

https://youtu.be/pIKsKBqDmH0 – the locker door and nameplate

The Elder Scrolls Online (4k DSR)

https://youtu.be/YJ8I1v2tztw – the window from 0:09

https://youtu.be/c5M47N_sA2w – the terrible, horrible light glitch. This may be due to a recent game update though.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (4k DSR – this is what all the other games used to look like before: SMOOTH)

https://youtu.be/eo-CtM_ElwU – note the non-shimmering grass

https://youtu.be/-_FrCTzQQ_8 – note the wires, in all other games they would be jagged and flickering as heck as soon as I moved away

So here we are. Please help me. My rig is 6 months old, and I’ve spent a small fortune on it, so this is literally driving me nuts. And once again, to the people who only read every second sentence: this is NOT normal, because it wasn’t like this before
    – see The Vanishing of Ethan Carter videos.

Apologies for the wall of text, but I wanted to be thorough. Thank you in advance!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Madlark, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Madlark Win User
    (closed) Jagged edges, flickering in most games, Smoothness not applied

I probably should have worded it better: I am aware AA does get applied to most things, but the jaggies/shimmering on objects which are further away is an issue, and it was not present initially.

There are more videos after the 5th by the way, check the links if you feel like it. The forum won't let me edit them to show as embeds.

Any suggestions though?

Madlark, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Shimmering/Jagged edges/flicker in game.

Jagged alliance 2 game won't load on HP notebook PC Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.
    We understand that you face issues with Jagged Alliance 2 game on your computer. We feel sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

We will reach out to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to uninstall the Jagged Alliance 2 game and reinstall the latest Jagged Alliance 2 game in compatibility mode and check, if it works.

Follow these steps to install the Jagged Alliance 2 game in compatibility mode on your computer.

1. Download the latest Jagged Alliance 2 game from the Official Jagged Alliance 2 game website.

2. Right-click on the setup file and click on "Properties".

3. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.

4. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Shimmering/Jagged edges/flicker in game.

1. Shimmering/Jagged edges/flicker in game. - Similar Threads - Shimmering Jagged edges

2. My Dell XP 8940 keeps flickering and shimmering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Dell XP 8940 keeps flickering and shimmering: My Dell XP 8940 keeps flickering and shimmering, Dell changed Motherboard, CPU and did all driver and software updates , still the same, simply STAY AWAY FROM DELL, and their Tech Support is in India and they are very un-honest Tech Rep's....
  3. My Dell XP 8940 keeps flickering and shimmering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell XP 8940 keeps flickering and shimmering: My Dell XP 8940 keeps flickering and shimmering, Dell changed Motherboard, CPU and did all driver and software updates , still the same, simply STAY AWAY FROM DELL, and their Tech Support is in India and they are very un-honest Tech Rep's....
  4. Windows 11 Screen shimmering, flickering randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Screen shimmering, flickering randomly.: Every couple of days my Windows 11 Dell XPS 8940 desktop screen shimmers. Can't read words as everything shimmers. Maybe flickering is the right word, but a thousand times a second. The entire screen goes white, sometimes pink. I have Ctr-Alt_Del bringing up task bar...
  5. Windows 11 Screen shimmering, flickering randomly.

Windows 11 Screen shimmering, flickering randomly.: Every couple of days my Windows 11 Dell XPS 8940 desktop screen shimmers. Can't read words as everything shimmers. Maybe flickering is the right word, but a thousand times a second. The entire screen goes white, sometimes pink. I have Ctr-Alt_Del bringing up task bar...
  6. Jaggies, shimmering, low draw distance, texture flickering on All games even after mounting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jaggies, shimmering, low draw distance, texture flickering on All games even after mounting...: Hi, sinse 2018 i have graphics problems on my PC when playing games or just by watching videos/streams. On every game i play i have pronounced jaggies, shimmering, low draw distance, texture flickering but i also have FOV problems that means i play with 90 FOV but it's like...
  7. Jaggies, shimmering, low draw distance, texture flickering on All games even after mounting...

Jaggies, shimmering, low draw distance, texture flickering on All games even after mounting...: Hi, sinse 2018 i have graphics problems on my PC when playing games or just by watching videos/streams. On every game i play i have pronounced jaggies, shimmering, low draw distance, texture flickering but i also have FOV problems that means i play with 90 FOV but it's like...
  8. Fonts appear jagged in Chrome, Edge and Brave

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fonts appear jagged in Chrome, Edge and Brave: I'm not sure exactly what I did, but now some text in my browser appears jagged. Most sites work fine. But some are broken. Here's what it looks like;https://imgur.com/a/Gdn6f53There's also a problem where when a site hasn't yet finished loading, text appears instead of...
  9. Antialiasing - MSAA Not Working In Any Games/Distance Shimmering

in Windows 10 Support
    Antialiasing - MSAA Not Working In Any Games/Distance Shimmering: Hello, I've been getting this annoying issue on 3 of my Windows 10 systems lately... 2 are desktops and 1 is a gaming laptop... Area 51m to be exact with RTX 2070... I can't figure out why the antialiasing looks so terrible now these days? Did NVIDIA do something or is this...
  10. Windows 10 Photos App Jagged Edges on PNG

Windows 10 Photos App Jagged Edges on PNG: Hey all, I'm running a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro v. 1909, GTX 1070ti. I noticed that my PNG files are appearing with jagged edges within the Microsoft Photos App. I have opened the same file with the deprecated Windows Photo Viewer program and it looks much better....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. jagged edges in game

2. jagged alliance 2 fix text flicker

3. flickering edges fortnite pc

4. why are edges jagged in game,
  5. why sre the edges of things flickering on games,
  6. flickering edges in games,
  7. games have jagged edges pc,
  8. games shimmering is driving me nuts,
  9. is it my monitors fault that my game has jagged edges,
  10. jagged edges windows,
  11. euro truck simulator 2 jaggies dsr,