Windows 10: Shipping a Linux Kernel with Windows 10

Discus and support Shipping a Linux Kernel with Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Beginning with Windows Insiders builds this Summer, we will include an in-house custom-built Linux kernel to underpin the newest version of the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 6, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Shipping a Linux Kernel with Windows 10

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/comma...-with-windows/

See also: Announcing New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) for Windows 10

Shipping a Linux Kernel with Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Tip How to Enable or Disable Windows Subsystem for Linux in Windows 10

:)

Brink, May 6, 2019
  2. OneMoar Win User

Exquisitely sensitive stability testing - the linux kernel!

its not advisable to argue with a Wizzard he might turn you into a toad
    and no one runs stress tests under linux
    unless Linux is there main os .... and who runs Linux as there main os .... no one /trolling the linux kernel is not a TOOL for anything its a Kernel ... I suggest you go read up on the subject windows has a Kernel to and its far more sensitive to OC faults then Linux
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernel_(computing)

OneMoar, May 6, 2019
  3. graysky Win User
    Exquisitely sensitive stability testing - the linux kernel!

I do on both counts.

I disagree with your statement: if it [the windows kernel] were far more sensitivity to OC faults, you wouldn't need to rely on the stress tester itself to inform you of a fault. It would tell you before they happen as what I posted does.

The whole point of my post was to give you a tool to, "detect instabilities in your overclock settings with both greater accuracy and sensitivity than either Prime95 or IBT/LinX." Guess I should have extended the statement to encompass the windows kernel as well.

graysky, May 6, 2019
  4. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, May 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Shipping a Linux Kernel with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Shipping Linux Kernel

2. Is Windows Getting Linux Kernel Inside It ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Windows Getting Linux Kernel Inside It ?: Hello, I read in a news article at TechRadat and News.Tech saying Windows is getting Linuxed. What does this mean? Is windows getting Linux kernel inside it ?...
  3. New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) Linux kernel with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) Linux kernel with Windows 10: Today we’re unveiling the newest architecture for the Windows Subsystem for Linux: WSL 2! Changes in this new architecture will allow for: dramatic file system performance increases, and full system call compatibility, meaning you can run more Linux apps in WSL 2 such as...
  4. Windows 10 and Linux

Windows 10 and Linux: I am curious, if I have 3 hard drives, 1 for windows, 1 for games and 1 I am thinking of having Linux on. Can a dual boot happen when windows 10 and Linux are on 2 separate hard drives?...
  5. Windows 10 reinstallation on a laptop shipped with Windows

Windows 10 reinstallation on a laptop shipped with Windows: Hello! Is is possible to make a clean reinstall (suppose I want to completely wipe out my hard drive and then perform installation) of Windows on a laptop from downloaded ISO and use licence key which was provided with laptop for pre-installed Windows to activate that...
  6. WIndows 10 shipped on computer and getting Recovery Drive nag

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIndows 10 shipped on computer and getting Recovery Drive nag: I just received a new HP Envy 17t-n100 with Windows 10 Pro 64 already installed. I keep getting a D: RECOVERY is running out of space. It's 12gb and there are 3gb left. HP Tech support is no help and want me to use there contracted help company that wants to charge me to fix...
  7. Will Windows 10 Ship With Outlook?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Will Windows 10 Ship With Outlook?: I have read in a couple of different places that Windows 10 will ship with Outlook straight out of the box. If this is true, then there will be no incentive for me to buy Microsoft Office Professional. Does anybody know if this is true. ~Windows 10 preview now includes...
  8. Windows 10 linux subsystem: Run Linux desktop directly?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 linux subsystem: Run Linux desktop directly?: I watched a video about the guy using Windows subsystem and run full Linux desktop without using remote software. There is no white thing on top. He can switch between Linux and Windows using a keyboard shortcut. Linux desktop is smooth, 60 fps, no lag so it means he don't...
  9. Sideloading Custom Linux Distro to Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 News
    Sideloading Custom Linux Distro to Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux: We are happy to announce that we have open sourced a WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) sample for Linux distribution maintainers. This sample allows distro maintainers to build WSL distro packages for the Microsoft Store and developers to create custom Linux distro packages...
  10. Windows 10 Preview Won't Ship to Standard Users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Preview Won't Ship to Standard Users: Microsoft yesterday released a brand new tool that allows Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 computers to install Windows 10 Technical Preview automatically via Windows Update, thus making everything faster and easier for those who want to see what's new in the next OS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows shipping with linux

2. how to install wsl 2 windows10