Windows 10: Shipping re-imaged disks to a client site to replace crashed drives

Discus and support Shipping re-imaged disks to a client site to replace crashed drives in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We build Windows 10 based machines which are deployed using our WDS server and activated via the Microsoft Product Activation site. The machines are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MikeDoyle-DWE, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Shipping re-imaged disks to a client site to replace crashed drives

We build Windows 10 based machines which are deployed using our WDS server and activated via the Microsoft Product Activation site. The machines are used to record sensitive information so if for any reason the disks set as a RAID-0 array get trashed they can't be returned to us, we deploy a new image onto a new drive pair using one of our test machines and ship the drives out to the customer to replace the faulty ones. My question is simply, do we need to activate the redeployed Windows image on our test machine here or can we just ship them as a base image and they will automatically be activated when they are put into the original customer's machine ?

:)

MikeDoyle-DWE, Jan 8, 2021

2. Replace backup disk drive

I'm planning to replace an old external disk drive used for Backup/Restore (Windows 7) with a new, larger external drive. The computer is running Windows 10 Home edition. I have created a Windows Image Backup, but am now wondering how should Backup/Restore
    be configured to insure that the backups on the new drive are usable. Can I simply connect the new drive? Does the backup service need to be stopped first? Other steps?

maryh_1235, Jan 8, 2021
  3. dhdude Win User
    Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile Shipping re-imaged disks to a client site to replace crashed drives :)

dhdude, Jan 8, 2021
  4. zbook Win User

Shipping re-imaged disks to a client site to replace crashed drives

How to reformat USB Recovery Drive

Part of the commands and results were missing from the image.

Open adminstrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    diskpart
    list disk
    select disk #
    (replace # with the disk number for the flash drive)
    attributes disk clear readonly
    exit

If the above steps work then you are set.
    If the above steps fail then view this link for additional troubleshooting steps:
    How to Format Read-only USB Drive Successfully?

zbook, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Shipping re-imaged disks to a client site to replace crashed drives

1. Shipping re-imaged disks to a client site to replace crashed drives - Similar Threads - Shipping imaged disks

2. Replacing only one disk drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing only one disk drive: Very novice tech person with a very noob question, I have recently purchased a new 2 tb SSD to replace my current 500 gb C drive. My D is a 1 tb and houses most of my program files, while the c houses the system and some other smaller programs and files. My question is can i...
  3. Replacing only one disk drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replacing only one disk drive: Very novice tech person with a very noob question, I have recently purchased a new 2 tb SSD to replace my current 500 gb C drive. My D is a 1 tb and houses most of my program files, while the c houses the system and some other smaller programs and files. My question is can i...
  4. dns client site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dns client site: When i go to a certain site my computer comes up with dns_probe_finished_nxdomain. the wierd thing is i shut off automatic restart of the dns client in the services via the registery and the site worked. It's just one site. should i leave dns client disabled because...
  5. dns client site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dns client site: When i go to a certain site my computer comes up with dns_probe_finished_nxdomain. the wierd thing is i shut off automatic restart of the dns client in the services via the registery and the site worked. It's just one site. should i leave dns client disabled because...
  6. Hard Drive Disk Image File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Disk Image File: HelloI have a question, is it safe to delete Hard Drive Disk Image File under Windows C: because the file is 100GB which is alot for meHope that someone answers meBest Regards ElavPuder...
  7. Hard Drive Disk Image File

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive Disk Image File: HelloI have a question, is it safe to delete Hard Drive Disk Image File under Windows C: because the file is 100GB which is alot for meHope that someone answers meBest Regards ElavPuder...
  8. Image resizer site

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Image resizer site: Anyone had any experience with https://resizeimage.net/ ? Is it safe? submitted by /u/fuck4everything [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hi0cfe/image_resizer_site/
  9. No images on MSN site.

in Browsers and Email
    No images on MSN site.: No other sites showing this problem. Using Firefox and Ghostery. Any one else? 138602
  10. Re-Imaging and re-selling

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-Imaging and re-selling: Hi folks I'm trying to get my head around the different types of Windows licencing and am starting to go around in circles.. so I figure that I would just ask the question and see if anyone can help make things clearer. If I or a company were to buy a bunch of new / store...