Windows 10: shkernel.exe not exiting

Discus and support shkernel.exe not exiting in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I installed SpyHunter 5 on my computer a while ago, and I've come to want to uninstall it after I saw it's CPU usage was quite high. Turns out I can't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SajidDjunaedy, Aug 8, 2020.

1. shkernel.exe not exiting

I installed SpyHunter 5 on my computer a while ago, and I've come to want to uninstall it after I saw it's CPU usage was quite high. Turns out I can't end one of its processes, so it can't uninstall. I tried using task manager to end the task but it just won't stop, there's no pop up or anything. However, there is when I click stop on the kernel process itself, the popup says "The operation could not be completed". The process won't end even when using the uninstaller.

I have also searched for information on this program and according to https://threatinfo.net/files/ShKernel.exe-dddecbfe80bbfd1abe57ffd5c1a1bead, it's a CPU miner.

It runs on startup despite not being one of the startup programs in the task manager or Run folder, so there's no hope restarting and uninstalling.

Nothing seems to work, please help.

shkernel.exe not exiting da7b7a74-d913-4938-be6a-e76e8e1a536d?upload=true.png shkernel.exe not exiting 170f024c-756b-4213-9463-4e67249039c5?upload=true.png then. shkernel.exe not exiting af7747ac-7c43-4b89-bd5c-b3eb2a58eb81?upload=true.png

shkernel.exe not exiting 3dde59e5-8cb0-46fd-9e0a-c5658afdf54e?upload=true.png shkernel.exe not exiting 9f041d68-5235-40a6-8254-a23771ad3b03?upload=true.png

:)

SajidDjunaedy, Aug 8, 2020

2. how to exit safe mode in Windows 10

Hi Ron,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below steps to exit from the Safe mode on Windows 10.

Steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply
      and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Black Screen issue for Exclusive Fullscreen mode when exiting or Alt+Tab to Desktop

Hi,

Issues with exiting from a game in full-screen mode may occur due to several reasons. It is possible that your video card driver is not updated or not compatible with the current configuration of your PC. To properly isolate your concern, please provide
    us the following information:

• Are you using a dual monitor display?
    • Does the issue occur when exiting the games from windowed mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried to update your video card drivers?

In the meantime, we suggest that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Aug 8, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

shkernel.exe not exiting

Uninstall problem

Open the Admin Command Prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. List disk
    3. select disk # where # is the disk that contains hidden partitions
    4. list par
    5. select partition #
    6. delete partition OVERRIDE
    7. repeat steps 5 & 6 for the additional hidden partitions.
    8. exit
    OR:
    if you want to clean the whole disk, after step 3 above
    Type: clean
    Type: exit

topgundcp, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

shkernel.exe not exiting

1. shkernel.exe not exiting - Similar Threads - shkernel exe exiting

2. Hello, cmd/exe is interrupting my windows booting. I exited it many times but it keeps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, cmd/exe is interrupting my windows booting. I exited it many times but it keeps...: When I was booting, "X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe-startnet.cmd" windows keeps appearing. I exited it several times but still it's popping up and my windows cannot launch successfully. I need help. Thanks...
  3. Hello, cmd/exe is interrupting my windows booting. I exited it many times but it keeps...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello, cmd/exe is interrupting my windows booting. I exited it many times but it keeps...: When I was booting, "X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe-startnet.cmd" windows keeps appearing. I exited it several times but still it's popping up and my windows cannot launch successfully. I need help. Thanks...
  4. Hello, cmd/exe is interrupting my windows booting. I exited it many times but it keeps...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Exiting OneDrive

Exiting OneDrive: I've turned off onedrive, but the properties of my desktop files & folders continue to show them in C:Users\xyz123\onedrive\desktop. How do I completely rid myself of this nuisance? The only possible solution seems to be to copy the existing desktop folders & files to a new...
  6. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  7. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  8. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Exit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exit: There is no normal task bar showing & I can't exit this screen. I have tried escape & shutting down my PC but when it restarts it's on this page again. I just want to get out of it & continue with my emails! HELP!...
  10. Exiting safemode

in Windows 10 Support
    Exiting safemode: I used crotona(sorry if thats wrong) to get to msconfig, changed boot mode to safe & now that i did what i had to i cant get msconfig back. I type in crotona box now but it doesnt respond... HELP!!!!!!! 55894