Windows 10: Shokz bluetooth headset no longer works after installing windows 11

Discus and support Shokz bluetooth headset no longer works after installing windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have used my Shokz bluetooth headphones for almost a year now for work. They are amazing and I love them and spent some good money on them. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Steph8293, May 23, 2024.

1. Steph8293 Win User

Shokz bluetooth headset no longer works after installing windows 11

I have used my Shokz bluetooth headphones for almost a year now for work. They are amazing and I love them and spent some good money on them. After doing the required Windows 11 installation for my work laptop the heaphones do not conduct sound through their speaker. I have spent hours with two differernt technical leaders at my company who cannot figure it out. I have also contacted Shokz, who said if the headphone work fine with any other product that means this is a Windows problem. Please help.

:)

Steph8293, May 23, 2024

2. My Shokz Open Comm bluetooth headset does not show up in my Windows 10 Laptop.

My Shokz Open Comm bluetooth headset will not connect or appear on my HP Z mobile workstation Running Windows 10 Version 21H2 Build 19044.1706.

Albert A._59, May 23, 2024
  3. Shokz Openfit bluetooth device audio and microphone issue with Windows 11 Pro after a recent Windows update.

1. My Shokz Openfit bluetooth device audio and microphone was previously working fine with my Microsoft Surface Pro 8 (64-bit OS, x64-based processor), running Windows 11 Pro (Version 23H2). I was able to select the device for audio output as well as microphone audio input and was able to hear audio and use the microphone from the Shokz Openfit device.

2. After a recent Windows update however, I have encountered an issue where even though I can select the Shokz Openfit device for both audio output and microphone audio input, I am no longer able to hear the audio. The microphone on the device appears to be working fine though.

3. If I select a different microphone audio input (say, my laptop's in built microphone), I could then hear the audio from the Shokz Openfit device. This is what I am having to do now as a workaround but I actually want to use the Shokz Openfit device microphone as I previously could.

4. I have no issue with my Shokz Openfit device when connected with my Samsung android phone. I can select the Shokz Openfit device for both audio and microphone input and both work fine.

5. I have tried the following to no avail:-

a) Removing, deleting and re-pairing my Shokz Openfit device with my laptop.

b) Reseting both device and laptop

c) Disabling / enabling devices and functions under system settings, audio settings, drivers, properties.

6. I'm not sure if this is related but I think there is some conflict between stereo dual channels for the audio output and the channel for the microphone audio input. Though, there are no other Shokz Openfit devices to choose when selecting which audio input / output - the only choice is "Headphones (Openfit by Shokz)" for audio output, and "Headset (Openfit by Shokz) for microphone audio input.

7. I have emailed Shokz directly but still have not yet found a solution. Since it works fine on my phone, I think it might be issues with Windows / Bluetooth / Sound settings.

8. On a side note, I have also tried my Samsung Galaxy Buds Live for audio output and input on my laptop and both audio and microphone works.

Appreciate the community's support. Many thanks!

Seth_needs_help, May 23, 2024
  4. Photo Win User

Bluetooth no longer recognizing my headset

Hi, I'm using Version 19045.3930 I have been using my Bluetooth every day for ages on my laptop. But yesterday I disconnected it, as I needed my laptop speakers. (I now know I should have just turned off the headset to achieve this), and they wouldn't reconnect to the laptop later. So I followed the advice in several YouTube videos that told me to change all Bluetooth items from Manual to Automatic in Services.
    Shokz bluetooth headset no longer works after installing windows 11 403415d1705056778t-bluetooth-no-longer-recognizing-my-headset-503.png

Shokz bluetooth headset no longer works after installing windows 11 403416d1705056778t-bluetooth-no-longer-recognizing-my-headset-502.png

Shokz bluetooth headset no longer works after installing windows 11 403417d1705056778t-bluetooth-no-longer-recognizing-my-headset-501.png
    I did that, and all Bluetooth items listed are now set to Automatic. And I restarted as advised. There was an update so I let that happen... Still to no avail. I then searched this forum and found that I should also make sure all Bluetooth drivers are up to date. And my laptop told me they already were up to date. What else can I try please? Thank you

Photo, May 23, 2024
Thema:

1. Shokz bluetooth headset no longer works after installing windows 11 - Similar Threads - Shokz bluetooth headset

2. Shokz bluetooth headset no longer works after installing windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shokz bluetooth headset no longer works after installing windows 11: I have used my Shokz bluetooth headphones for almost a year now for work. They are amazing and I love them and spent some good money on them. After doing the required Windows 11 installation for my work laptop the heaphones do not conduct sound through their speaker. I have...
  3. Shokz Openfit bluetooth device audio and microphone issue with Windows 11 Pro after a...

Shokz Openfit bluetooth device audio and microphone issue with Windows 11 Pro after a...: 1. My Shokz Openfit bluetooth device audio and microphone was previously working fine with my Microsoft Surface Pro 8 64-bit OS, x64-based processor, running Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2. I was able to select the device for audio output as well as microphone audio input and...
  4. Shokz Openfit bluetooth device audio and microphone issue with Windows 11 Pro after a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shokz Openfit bluetooth device audio and microphone issue with Windows 11 Pro after a...: 1. My Shokz Openfit bluetooth device audio and microphone was previously working fine with my Microsoft Surface Pro 8 64-bit OS, x64-based processor, running Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2. I was able to select the device for audio output as well as microphone audio input and...
  5. Bluetooth no longer working with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth no longer working with Windows 11: HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df1033dxSo let me begin by saying that I've tried all of the resolutions listed in the forums that I could find on this issue shown below...Uninstalled and reinstalled Bluetooth driverReinstalled windows 11Updated the Bluetooth driverAt one...
  6. Bluetooth no longer working with Windows 11

Bluetooth no longer working with Windows 11: HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df1033dxSo let me begin by saying that I've tried all of the resolutions listed in the forums that I could find on this issue shown below...Uninstalled and reinstalled Bluetooth driverReinstalled windows 11Updated the Bluetooth driverAt one...
  7. bluetooth no longer working after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth no longer working after upgrading to windows 11: shortly after updating to windows 11 my laptop stopped connecting to bluetooth device. sometimes after I restart "Bluetooth Support Service" in services it will appear in task manager with my devices but it will still fail to connect and disappears again afterwards. running...
  8. bluetooth no longer working after upgrading to windows 11

bluetooth no longer working after upgrading to windows 11: shortly after updating to windows 11 my laptop stopped connecting to bluetooth device. sometimes after I restart "Bluetooth Support Service" in services it will appear in task manager with my devices but it will still fail to connect and disappears again afterwards. running...
  9. Bluetooth Headset No Longer Works as Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headset No Longer Works as Microphone: I have a pair of TOZO wireless headphones. Up until a few months ago, I could connected them to my PC via a Bluetooth usb stick, and it worked fine as a headset. But lately, every time I connect, the computer registers them as headphones instead of a headset. That is to say,...
  10. Bluetooth headset microphone no longer recognized?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headset microphone no longer recognized?: I don't know if it's because of the updates, or what, but my bluetooth headset's microphone isn't being recognized anymore! What is this? I can't find it no matter what I try... It wont show up, but it has worked before. My computer also didn't want to recognize my headset,...