Windows 10: Shopping for a new Laptop: Suggestions on Manufacturers? HP or Dell?

Discus and support Shopping for a new Laptop: Suggestions on Manufacturers? HP or Dell? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; To make a long story short, I am in the market for a new Laptop with Windows 10 due to an incident that happened with mine. I really would like to stay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Shopping for a new Laptop: Suggestions on Manufacturers? HP or Dell?

To make a long story short, I am in the market for a new Laptop with Windows 10 due to an incident that happened with mine. I really would like to stay with HP since my whole house is basically adorned in HP Computers. Should I stay with HP or change to Dell or Lenovo? I found a few for sale on eBay and Facebook Marketplace of those said manufacturers. I can't spend no more than $150 as that's what I paid for my Laptop that got messed up. So, HP, Dell, or Lenovo?

:)

Jesse Williams, Jul 29, 2021

2. Suggest new laptop/notebook

I haven't seen laptop from Xiaomi.. are they good? Which model?

I liked hp pavilion 360x series..suggest similar in other good brands..

I don't know why everyone hates hp so much? I have used 3 laptops from hp in last 10 yrs..latest is hp envy 17 3d , 4.5 yrs till now, first time encountered hardware problem now, that got fixed too with routine service...might need to replace fan later. But no major issue till now.. working like new even now

freebird_9924, Jul 29, 2021
  3. Suggest new laptop/notebook

If portability is the main goal, in spite of graphics topping your requirement list, I'd rather go for Lenovo or Xiaomi (as far as I know, they're big players in your area) as I'm pretty much fed up with most of the traditional brands (I had terrible problems with HP, dell and acer, which's the best one among these in my experience).

So... A thinkpad as already suggested or a Xiaomi Air xx.

Regardless, take a look at this website where you can beautifully fine-tune your candidate list (no xiaomi available though):
    Laptop Comparison Chart

yesyesloud, Jul 29, 2021
  4. Zeeba# Win User

Shopping for a new Laptop: Suggestions on Manufacturers? HP or Dell?

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

Shopping for a new Laptop: Suggestions on Manufacturers? HP or Dell?

1. Shopping for a new Laptop: Suggestions on Manufacturers? HP or Dell? - Similar Threads - Shopping Laptop Suggestions

2. HP laptop messed up by repair shop, please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop messed up by repair shop, please help!: Split from this thread. I need your expertise, since I did something stupid by bringing my HP laptop to a tech at ubreakifix. I had some update from Windows 10, next thing I know, a blue screen with a sad character does not let me past the hp black screen with a spinwheel....
  3. HP laptop messed up by repair shop, please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP laptop messed up by repair shop, please help!: Split from this thread. I need your expertise, since I did something stupid by bringing my HP laptop to a tech at ubreakifix. I had some update from Windows 10, next thing I know, a blue screen with a sad character does not let me past the hp black screen with a spinwheel....
  4. HP laptop messed up by repair shop, please help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. New Monitor Shopping

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New Monitor Shopping: My old iiyama Prolite E2607WS is finally kaput & i need a new monitor asap.. I'm pretty clueless to be quite honest and have taken a break from the shop. I'm looking for something around 2560 x 1440 res, low response time, not really bothered about any built-in speakers (but...
  6. New Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Dell laptop: Hi i just got a new Dell Latitude 7410, when i get to the stage of sign in with microsoft account I get the message "We didn't find that email address in your organization. Use another email address or contact your administrator". But this is for personal use and not related...
  7. new Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new Dell laptop: I’ve purchased a new Dell laptop. Could you help me with this questions. I cannot figure out how to take photos using it. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-dell-laptop/ddfa338b-d286-4f4c-9fb8-59dcc596ebfb
  8. Looking at Laptops: HP or Dell (HP Preferrably)

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking at Laptops: HP or Dell (HP Preferrably): I am selling a tablet for $150 to $175 and I will be purchasing a Laptop computer with the money I get for the tablet. I love my HP Desktop PC, but I need something portable also for when I have to show my pictures for my photography when I am on the go. Plus, sometimes it...
  9. Shopping For A New LaserJet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shopping For A New LaserJet: Looking hard at an HP LaserJet Pro 400 M402dw https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-laserjet-pro-m402dw. I'm interested in your comments / opinions, good or bad. As always, thanks. 120282
  10. Suggestions for a new laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Suggestions for a new laptop: I could use some suggestions for a laptop that I need to get for my 13yr old daughter. I just recently started working from home. I need to use my laptop strictly for business. Currently I have to share my computer with my daughter as we homeschool. Although I only work 4-5...