Windows 10: Shopping For A New LaserJet

Discus and support Shopping For A New LaserJet in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Looking hard at an HP LaserJet Pro 400 M402dw https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-laserjet-pro-m402dw. I'm interested in your comments / opinions, good... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wiley Coyote, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Shopping For A New LaserJet

Wiley Coyote, Oct 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 HP Laserjet Support

Guru,

Thank you for the response. I ran the troubleshooter as you suggested but that didn't fix the problem. When I open devices-printers the Laserjet 4 is listed but it has "Default,Error" next to it. also, in device manager the printer queue is there for the
    Laserjet 4 but it is not listed in printers.

My motherboard is an Asus M5A97 EVO with an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor.

This problem happens with anything I try to print to the Laserjet 4.

I get a popup saying "printer error".

JohnMerritt_65, Oct 22, 2018
  3. keithjr Win User
    Windows 10 Driver for HP LaserJet 4

I tried this after doing a clean install of Windows 10. The list of printers that comes up does not include the Laserjet 4 plus which is the printer I am trying to connect via usb. How do I get that to come up?

keithjr, Oct 22, 2018
  4. ahowardaz Win User

Shopping For A New LaserJet

Windows 10 Driver for HP LaserJet 4

for those who have a HP (Hewlett Packard) Laserjet 4 or Laserjet 5M I finally found how to connect up the computer to these great printers when OS is Windows 10. Follow step-by-step. This really works!! I love my old printer:

Win 7 with Win 10, and as others have reported the drivers for my older printer did not load.
    Although it is a HP Laserjet 4 plus, that appars to be not so important, other than the fact that the original cable has been replaced with one with a USB connector for my more modern laptop.

After struggling and Googling for far too much time, here is what worked very well.

--press teh Windows icon in the lower left corner
    --select "settings"
    --select "devices"
    --select "add printers & scanners"
    --select "add a printer"
    -- it probably will scan and deliver a message like "printer ----- isn't listed"
    --click on that message
    --scroll down to "add a local printer"
    --accept "use existing port" then scroll down and select USB001(virtual port for USB)
    --it is possible that if you are using the original cable that the default LPT1 is the correct choice.
    --that will lead to the same list of printer drivers that you would have had with Win 7 (my understanding, or misunderstanding, is that when Win 10 loaded it retained the Win 7 printer drivers, but did not make them particularly accessible.
    --select your printer
    --print a test page
    --all done
    --you may need to make that your default printer

ahowardaz, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Shopping For A New LaserJet

1. Shopping For A New LaserJet - Similar Threads - Shopping LaserJet

2. Can't install xbox app/microsoft shop doesn't work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install xbox app/microsoft shop doesn't work: When i try to download/update anything it just wont and when i tried to download xbox app thro website i get an error that download can't be started...
  3. How do I back up The Print Shop Deluxe Versions 23 & 23.1 to a flash drive, in Windows 11?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I back up The Print Shop Deluxe Versions 23 & 23.1 to a flash drive, in Windows 11?...: I recently purchased The Print Shop Version 6.4 which I was told was the most recent version and was told I had to uninstall The Print Shop Deluxe versions 23 and 23.1. I want to save both apps since I have several years' worth of projects created on both. I have two flash...
  4. How do I back up The Print Shop Deluxe Versions 23 & 23.1 to a flash drive, in Windows 11?...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I back up The Print Shop Deluxe Versions 23 & 23.1 to a flash drive, in Windows 11?...: I recently purchased The Print Shop Version 6.4 which I was told was the most recent version and was told I had to uninstall The Print Shop Deluxe versions 23 and 23.1. I want to save both apps since I have several years' worth of projects created on both. I have two flash...
  5. I am trying to open a project on Print Shop Professional 4.0. Why am I getting "Object...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to open a project on Print Shop Professional 4.0. Why am I getting "Object...: I am computer illiterate so please try to help me like you would help your 90 year old grandmother. Sometimes if I close the computer and restart, the error will go away. I have also cleared the cache, but it is not opening this time. Can someone please help me????...
  6. I am trying to open a project on Print Shop Professional 4.0. Why am I getting "Object...

I am trying to open a project on Print Shop Professional 4.0. Why am I getting "Object...: I am computer illiterate so please try to help me like you would help your 90 year old grandmother. Sometimes if I close the computer and restart, the error will go away. I have also cleared the cache, but it is not opening this time. Can someone please help me????...
  7. I am trying to open a project on Print Shop Professional 4.0. Why am I getting "Object...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Paint Shop Pro 7 not opening image with mouse double left click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint Shop Pro 7 not opening image with mouse double left click: Paint Shop Pro7 worked perfectly with Windows10. With Windows 11 if I double left click on a JPG, BMP or similar file it asks "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device". If I say yes it opens PSP but does not show the image. I...
  9. Paint Shop Pro 7 not opening image with mouse double left click

Paint Shop Pro 7 not opening image with mouse double left click: Paint Shop Pro7 worked perfectly with Windows10. With Windows 11 if I double left click on a JPG, BMP or similar file it asks "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device". If I say yes it opens PSP but does not show the image. I...
  10. I'd like to buy Win10 ESD, but can't find any link or legal E-shop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'd like to buy Win10 ESD, but can't find any link or legal E-shop.: Sooner or later, I'll buy an assembly PC.So I should buy regular OS, especially Window 10 ESD.But I can't find anything from Microsoft Store. Just only 'Apps' I can find.MS doesn't sell Win 10 ESD???Look at this web linkKorean MS web notice. Win 11 ESD is not release yet. Am...