Windows 10: Short circ'd my motherboard, do I need to pay for another disc of Windows 10, or can I use...

Discus and support Short circ'd my motherboard, do I need to pay for another disc of Windows 10, or can I use... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Short circ'd my MB by accident, already got another MB on the way, but was curious if I needed to pay for another copy of Windows 10. Any help would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jorji_779, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Jorji_779 Win User

Short circ'd my motherboard, do I need to pay for another disc of Windows 10, or can I use...

Short circ'd my MB by accident, already got another MB on the way, but was curious if I needed to pay for another copy of Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

:)

Jorji_779, Sep 21, 2021

2. Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 21, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 21, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Short circ'd my motherboard, do I need to pay for another disc of Windows 10, or can I use...

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Short circ'd my motherboard, do I need to pay for another disc of Windows 10, or can I use... - Similar Threads - Short circ'd motherboard

2. I need assistance with paying my subscription.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need assistance with paying my subscription.: I need assistance in paying my subscription https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-assistance-with-paying-my-subscription/034afa16-669d-4510-9d2a-83017c110845
  3. How i can transfer my windows licence to another motherboard and another ssd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How i can transfer my windows licence to another motherboard and another ssd?: How i can transfer my windows licence to another motherboard and another ssd? Can i use my old license key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-transfer-my-windows-licence-to-another/8b53b809-0baa-4789-a30b-2c5e59a0d15a
  4. How i can transfer my windows licence to another motherboard and another ssd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How i can transfer my windows licence to another motherboard and another ssd?: How i can transfer my windows licence to another motherboard and another ssd? Can i use my old license key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-transfer-my-windows-licence-to-another/8b53b809-0baa-4789-a30b-2c5e59a0d15a
  5. How i can transfer my windows licence to another motherboard and another ssd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Do I need to pay to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I need to pay to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11?: Do I need to pay to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-to-pay-to-upgrade-from-windows-10-to/c7aed98f-dc35-4f8b-ba52-1ec2c723a2a7
  7. Motherboard died, can I use my Windows 10 with a new motherboard and hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Motherboard died, can I use my Windows 10 with a new motherboard and hard drive?: Hello, my Gigabyte motherboard died and I will have to replace it with another but newer Gigabyte motherboard. I have Windows 10 64 bit installed on a hardrive which I plan to keep and use with the new build. I do not plan to boot from that drive but from a new 1 terabyte...
  8. need to replace my motherboard. Can I re-use the windows 10 license?

need to replace my motherboard. Can I re-use the windows 10 license?: I need to replace my motherboard, and I wish to know - I am able to re-use the windows 10 license? The online record in my microsoft account calls it a retail windows 10 professional version. Also does it matter if the HDD is the same or not once I need to change the...
  9. Do I need to pay to keep using my audio drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I need to pay to keep using my audio drivers?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/barack_ur_world [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eeeu4u/do_i_need_to_pay_to_keep_using_my_audio_drivers/
  10. Do I need to buy another Windows 10 Home, if I will upgrade my PC with new Motherboard, CPU...

Do I need to buy another Windows 10 Home, if I will upgrade my PC with new Motherboard, CPU...: Hello! Ok, most important thing here is Motherboard or CPU. So, I plan to upgrade this 3 components. I heard, that, if you upgrade motherboard, you lose Windows 10. But, don't get me wrong. I mean PREINSTALLED Windows 10 Home in PREMADE PC. So, I didn't buy Windows 10...