Windows 10: Short crackling sound when "soundcard seems to wake from sleep"

Discus and support Short crackling sound when "soundcard seems to wake from sleep" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, im new to Windows 10 and i am having an issue with a very brief crackling/popping sound, sometimes an audiosource wants to use my speakers. ive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/risikorolf, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Short crackling sound when "soundcard seems to wake from sleep"

Hey,

im new to Windows 10 and i am having an issue with a very brief crackling/popping sound, sometimes an audiosource wants to use my speakers. ive got the feeling that this rather happens when i havent used the speakers some minutes, as if my laptop would make this noise from "waking up"

For example browsing the web having whatsapp-web working but beeing on another page when i get a message there will be this short sound before the typical whatsapp sound. Or when i connect to a bluetoothbox and i start for example soundcloud i will get this brief noise even before starting the song.

besides that everything works just fine. i can play music/watch videos/game without any problems using my internal speakers/bluetooth speakers or a headphone. drivers are all updated and the troubleshooting wont find anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Rolf

submitted by /u/risikorolf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/risikorolf, Apr 2, 2020

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Short crackling sound when "soundcard seems to wake from sleep"

Help! Acer laptop crackling sound with headphones

Hi,

The crackling sound from your device when using headphones can be due to either hardware or software related issues. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you performed to resolve your concern?
    • Have you tried using a different headphones? If yes, did you encounter the same issue?

As an initial step we suggest that you update your sound driver to eliminate any issues related to faulty or outdated drivers. To do this, you can follow the steps provided on this

link
    on how to update your device drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Short crackling sound when "soundcard seems to wake from sleep"

1. Short crackling sound when "soundcard seems to wake from sleep" - Similar Threads - Short crackling sound

2. BSOD when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when waking from sleep: Whenever my computer sleeps it gives me a BSOD with a "THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER" code Here are my dump files and system info. https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApvOHIqH5IbxgYUnOTNC3F5PHkQ3BQ?e=4b60Ob...
  3. Monitor turns on (wakes from sleep) seemingly at random

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns on (wakes from sleep) seemingly at random: Hi friends, I have a very... peculiar problem on my (desktop) computer that started just recently. In my power settings I have set up the monitor to turn off after 15 minutes, and hibernate is disabled (set to "Never"). Like this (it's in norwegian). [img] This have been...
  4. No sound after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound after waking up from sleep: I just clean installed my windows 10, and I have been dealing with this issue with the sound on both my monitor with built in speakers would be gone after waking up from sleep mode. To be clear: I have 2 monitors with built in speakers, one connected to my hdmi and another...
  5. When the computer wakes up from sleep Only for the sleep caused by idling, It does not seem...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When the computer wakes up from sleep Only for the sleep caused by idling, It does not seem...: Sequence of events to replicate this: Let the PC idle for 30 minutes -> It goes into a sleep mode. Wake it up Either by keyboard/mouse/power button...etc At this point, clicking windows button/Trying to open task manager/Try to open any executable apps chrome, file...
  6. updated to 1909 from 1809, sound now crackles and pops after waking from sleep...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    updated to 1909 from 1809, sound now crackles and pops after waking from sleep...: Anyone have any idea what on earth is going on here? When the computer wakes from sleep it's a mess now, the sound is trashed through my speakers, it works fine on my headset however which is USB. I basically can't use sleep anymore since updating since it basically breaks...
  7. Device Connect Sound when wake up from sleep

Device Connect Sound when wake up from sleep: Hi Since i clean installed a windows 10 on my laptop , every time that the pc come up from sleep i hear a single Device connect sound. I can't find what hardware change causing it. 1. I updated all the drivers and checked the power management options Dispaly drivers to both...
  8. BSOD When Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When Waking from Sleep: Just built a new computer. All of the drives and the Windows installation is the same as in the old system. I don't know if the issue would have occurred in the old system as I never tried to put my computer to sleep. I was getting one BSOD when waking from sleep (something...
  9. No Sound on Wake from Sleep

No Sound on Wake from Sleep: I'm using an ASUS Xonar DSX sound card running the latest UNi Xonar driver. Whenever I wake my computer up from sleep, I don't get any sound from my speakers until I change the Analog Out destination in the Xonar DSX Audio Center application. My sound works perfectly...
  10. BSOD when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when waking from sleep: Greetings forum, Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I've been seeing BSODs about once a month when waking my desktop from sleep. I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter. I've never encountered this on Windows 8.1. I've attached the zip file as instructed...