Windows 10: short cut key strokes turned on - need to turn off

Discus and support short cut key strokes turned on - need to turn off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have some how turned on some shortcut key strokes and don't know how to turn them off. 1) Frequently when I press the back arrow - instead of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CormanHomeSales, Aug 22, 2018.

1. short cut key strokes turned on - need to turn off

I have some how turned on some shortcut key strokes and don't know how to turn them off.

1) Frequently when I press the back arrow - instead of the cursor moving backwards, my screen will go back wards - mainly when I'm in my google email program but it has happened other times as well. 2) Sometimes the up arrow doesn't work - sometimes it does.... 3) The auto screenshot taken and saved happens A LOT. I am not idea what I'm pressing that is causing it to happen. How do I turn that off?

Can someone point me in the direction of where I can find instructions on how to fix these items? Thanks!

:)

CormanHomeSales, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Oldgye Win User

Dropped short cut

Once again I find myself looking for a long used short cut. Apparently Windows 10 and Bing do not like Yahoo. I downloaded 10 and was comfortable navigating around. The next day, I logged on and Yahoo was among the missing. Easy to go to Windows Edge
    and then to Yahoo, but the program will not right click to a drop down and choices of creating a short cut on the desk top. I tried Mr. Smithers fix to get Google Earth back, but yahoo is not listed in the "Apps' section. Any suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Oldgye, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Chagrins Win User
    Why can't I disable default windows short-cuts?

Please, its so annoying to be in the middle of a game and suddenly it minimizes itself cause I pressed one of the billions of window's short-cuts. Specifically Alt+Tab is extremely inconvenient, why can't I re-bind these short cuts to other keys? I don't
    want to download a third party software to disable these short cuts like everyone suggests, and I can't re-bind these keys in game.

Chagrins, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

short cut key strokes turned on - need to turn off

Num lock key turns off

Hi Susan,

The status of the Numlock key is the same as it was in when you shut down your computer properly. If it was on when you shut it down it will be on when you again turn the computer on. In the meantime, let's check out if the mouse keys are turned off and see
    if this address the problem. Follow the steps below:

• Click the Start key, select Settings.
    • Click Ease of Access, then Mouse.
    • Toggle Off Mouse keys.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps that was provided by
    Kiran Kishore on August 19, 2015 in this
    thread
    to enable Numlock in startup.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

short cut key strokes turned on - need to turn off

1. short cut key strokes turned on - need to turn off - Similar Threads - short cut key

2. Screen cuts to black and crashes shortly after turning on computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen cuts to black and crashes shortly after turning on computer: I built my computer almost 3 years ago, and i’ve had on and off problems with it. However, this problem is unignorable and I think it might be time to switch something in my computer, but i’m not sure what. The two parts of interest are my power supply and my rx 580, which...
  3. Screen cuts to black and crashes shortly after turning on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen cuts to black and crashes shortly after turning on computer: I built my computer almost 3 years ago, and i’ve had on and off problems with it. However, this problem is unignorable and I think it might be time to switch something in my computer, but i’m not sure what. The two parts of interest are my power supply and my rx 580, which...
  4. Screen cuts to black and crashes shortly after turning on computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Lost short-cut keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost short-cut keys: I have lost my short cut keys Windows key+I, Windows key+X etc? How can I get them back? Even the keys for XBOX game bar will not work Windows key+G? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-short-cut-keys/57fad6ce-8146-4a4b-b645-fd28667bf010
  6. Lost short-cut keys

Lost short-cut keys: I have lost my short cut keys Windows key+I, Windows key+X etc? How can I get them back? Even the keys for XBOX game bar will not work Windows key+G? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-short-cut-keys/57fad6ce-8146-4a4b-b645-fd28667bf010
  7. Custom Short Cut keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Short Cut keys: Hi, I've created two shortcuts on the desktop. Each points to a Powershell command found in a folder under c:\ called c:\WindowsShortCutKeys. I am trying to use short cuts keys to jump between two apps. The problem is that one of the apps is open full screen mode...
  8. Snip and Sketch Short Cut Key

Snip and Sketch Short Cut Key: I want to create a short cut key for the snip and sketch tool in Windows. I tried all the ways to get to the file, can't find it. I want and there is no properties option from the task bar. Please Assist.....
  9. short cut key

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    short cut key: when I click alt+f4 for shutdown, but did not appear shutdown menu. what I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/short-cut-key/a00b022a-b228-4391-a0ab-98a4434b276c
  10. Screen turns off shortly after turn on.

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen turns off shortly after turn on.: I have installed the Fall Creator's update that some how upset my printer settings but that is sorted. However I now find that when I turn on the computer the sign in screen appears but unless I log in within a few minutes the screen turns off. This is since the update so...