Windows 10: short date format after October update

Discus and support short date format after October update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I experience mismatch in the way pc apps display the short date after the 1809 win10 update Right to left language Any solutions? fixes?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IdeaAlm, Mar 5, 2019.

1. IdeaAlm Win User

short date format after October update

I experience mismatch in the way pc apps display the short date after the 1809 win10 update

Right to left language

Any solutions? fixes?

:)

IdeaAlm, Mar 5, 2019

2. UK date short format in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10

Sorry for the delay in response.

The changes need to be done at Regional settings in Control

panel.

Follow the below steps and check.

1. Search for control panel in the new search

2. Go to Regional

Settings

3. click on ‘Change date, time, or number formats’

4. Click the

drop down button and see whether the format you are looking for is

available

5. The dd-mm-yyyy format may not included in the list.

6. Click

on ‘Additional settings’ to open another window which will allow to input our

own format.

7. Under ‘Date’ tab,here you can change the ‘Short date’

format

8. Click apply to save the settings.

Hope it helps.

Reply us back with status of the issue.

Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 5, 2019
  3. PFAms Win User
    Short Date Format

I have a device (HTC HD2) with windows mobile 6.5. I would like to set my short date format to dd/MM/yy for my region (English - South Africa). However, when I select English - South Africa, the only available options are (yy/MM/dd and yy-MM-dd),
    and it does not allow me to overtype with my personal preference!!!

Is there a way to allow me to overtype with my preferred format, or is there a way for me to edit the available options that populate the dropdown list, and possibly add my own format so that it will appear in the list for me to select?

P.S. I know that changing the region to say English - United Kingdom, will give me my preferred format as an option, however I don't want to change my region to United Kingdom as I don't want that setting to influence any other app that may require
    this region value to be correct!!

PFAms, Mar 5, 2019
  4. HairyFool Win User

Date Format

The listed Date formats are defined initially by your region, we don't know your specific region but the UK defaults are all Day 1st.

If you use the Control Panel, Region utility you can use the Addition settings button, Date tab to define custom formats. The short and Long date fields are customisable.

HairyFool, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

1. short date format after October update - Similar Threads - short date format

2. Change Date format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Date format: How do I change date format from month day year to day month year? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-date-format/2e0b3c4b-67d5-42ed-9baf-da4c50520878
  3. Change Date format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Date format: How do I change date format from month day year to day month year? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-date-format/2e0b3c4b-67d5-42ed-9baf-da4c50520878
  4. Time and Date Formatting

Time and Date Formatting: Why can't I set my date to mm/dd/yyyy with my region set to Canada? The only way I could change it to what I wanted was to set my region to US. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-and-date-formatting/300d0a6d-a385-473a-a809-c5b9e2f6ae81
  5. date format

date format: Why don't I have the month/day/year option in the date format? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-format/a1b705b5-e73b-4fdf-b91d-d08f0b59f8a0
  6. Date format

Date format: Must include the date format dd/mm/yyyy in the Bangladesh regional setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-format/4a639cd7-22d2-4de5-93e3-68066bc2d133
  7. Change of short date format

Change of short date format: In the past, I have setup a GPO to configure the short date format (under Control panel -> Region -> Formats) to MM/dd/yyyy It works for Windows 10 build 1603 up to build 1803. Recently, I have some machines upgraded to build 1903, and found that the short date format was...
  8. How to change "Short Date" format to dd.MM.yyyy?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change "Short Date" format to dd.MM.yyyy?: When I go to Control Panel----Time & Language---Formats----Change date and time formats then I do NOT find dd.MM.yyyy as format pattern in drop down for "Short date". I have english GUI language and german Region How can I set this format? In Windows 7 this format exists....
  9. Short Date format options differ

Short Date format options differ: I have a question about why I have different short date data format options on my SP6 vs my SP3 when they are both running ver 1903. SP6 [ATTACH] SP3 [ATTACH]...
  10. Default short date format change for English (Canada)

in Windows 10 News
    Default short date format change for English (Canada): Beginning with Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8, the default short date format for English (Canada) was changed from dd/MM/yyyy to yyyy-MM-dd. Microsoft is not planning to revert this change as yyyy-MM-dd is the recommended date format by The Government of Canada. However,...