Windows 10: Short Date format options differ

Discus and support Short Date format options differ in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a question about why I have different short date data format options on my SP6 vs my SP3 when they are both running ver 1903. SP6 [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cire©, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Cire© Win User

Short Date format options differ

I have a question about why I have different short date data format options on my SP6 vs my SP3 when they are both running ver 1903.

SP6

Short Date format options differ dacd5d4f-95fd-41df-9b1c-6aa8f04a107d?upload=true.png

SP3

Short Date format options differ d76fcbe0-f1e3-4cdc-8c70-bc7d20637938?upload=true.png

:)

Cire©, Jul 29, 2019
  2. PFAms Win User

Short Date Format

I have a device (HTC HD2) with windows mobile 6.5. I would like to set my short date format to dd/MM/yy for my region (English - South Africa). However, when I select English - South Africa, the only available options are (yy/MM/dd and yy-MM-dd),
    and it does not allow me to overtype with my personal preference!!!

Is there a way to allow me to overtype with my preferred format, or is there a way for me to edit the available options that populate the dropdown list, and possibly add my own format so that it will appear in the list for me to select?

P.S. I know that changing the region to say English - United Kingdom, will give me my preferred format as an option, however I don't want to change my region to United Kingdom as I don't want that setting to influence any other app that may require
    this region value to be correct!!

PFAms, Jul 29, 2019
  3. UK date short format in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10

Sorry for the delay in response.

The changes need to be done at Regional settings in Control

panel.

Follow the below steps and check.

1. Search for control panel in the new search

2. Go to Regional

Settings

3. click on ‘Change date, time, or number formats’

4. Click the

drop down button and see whether the format you are looking for is

available

5. The dd-mm-yyyy format may not included in the list.

6. Click

on ‘Additional settings’ to open another window which will allow to input our

own format.

7. Under ‘Date’ tab,here you can change the ‘Short date’

format

8. Click apply to save the settings.

Hope it helps.

Reply us back with status of the issue.

Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Short Date format options differ

Display Time and Date on Task Bar?

We appreciate the information you've provided Richard. We would like to ask, does it happen when you use a different user profile on your computer?

We suggest that you check the date and time formats set on your computer. Here are the steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on Time & language.
    • Click on Date & time.
    • Under format, click the Change date and time formats link.
    • Use the Short name drop-down menu to select the date format you want to see in the Taskbar.
    • Use the Short time drop-down menu to select the time format you want to see along with the date.
    • Close Settings.

After these steps, see if the date will appear on the Taskbar.

We are eager on getting this resolved for you, we will wait for your feedback.

PreciousLeb, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Short Date format options differ

1. Short Date format options differ - Similar Threads - Short Date format

2. date format

in Windows 10 Customization
    date format: Why don't I have the month/day/year option in the date format? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-format/a1b705b5-e73b-4fdf-b91d-d08f0b59f8a0
  3. Different date formats for File Explorer and System Tray

Different date formats for File Explorer and System Tray: Hello, I recently updated the system tray's date format by adjusting the short date. But now I noticed that when I openFile Explorer, the date format for Date Modified and Date Created is the same as the one I created for the System tray. I don't want it to be the same...
  4. Different date formats for Windows Explorer and System Tray

Different date formats for Windows Explorer and System Tray: Hello, I recently updated the system tray's date format by adjusting the short date. But now I noticed that when I openFile Explorer, the date format for Date Modified and Date Created is the same as the one I created for the System tray. I don't want it to be the same...
  5. Date Format different on computer to one programme

Date Format different on computer to one programme: Have just bought a new computer - Windows 10 - region date format on computer is dd/mm/yyyy but when I go into a particular programme it is showing those dates as mm/dd/yyyy. How to I get this to show correct date format in my programme as on my old computer it was correct?...
  6. Change of short date format

Change of short date format: In the past, I have setup a GPO to configure the short date format (under Control panel -> Region -> Formats) to MM/dd/yyyy It works for Windows 10 build 1603 up to build 1803. Recently, I have some machines upgraded to build 1903, and found that the short date format was...
  7. How to change "Short Date" format to dd.MM.yyyy?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change "Short Date" format to dd.MM.yyyy?: When I go to Control Panel----Time & Language---Formats----Change date and time formats then I do NOT find dd.MM.yyyy as format pattern in drop down for "Short date". I have english GUI language and german Region How can I set this format? In Windows 7 this format exists....
  8. Windows & programs using different date formats

Windows & programs using different date formats: Hey all, When using Windows 10, Excel 2016 and Firefox (to name a few flavors), I'm presented with different date formats. Windows is set up the way I want it: [ATTACH] In Firefox however, some pages that display dates swap the dd / mm order, while the within the...
  9. Default short date format change for English (Canada)

in Windows 10 News
    Default short date format change for English (Canada): Beginning with Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8, the default short date format for English (Canada) was changed from dd/MM/yyyy to yyyy-MM-dd. Microsoft is not planning to revert this change as yyyy-MM-dd is the recommended date format by The Government of Canada. However,...
  10. short date format after October update

short date format after October update: I experience mismatch in the way pc apps display the short date after the 1809 win10 update Right to left language Any solutions? fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/short-date-format-after-october-update/d3d0aaee-f2a8-4c48-a9a9-0671fc004bd2