Windows 10: Short freeze after waking up

Discus and support Short freeze after waking up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. WIN 10, 17134.1246 This is not very big problem (if any) but I wonder. Since few days, when i'm waking my laptop (Lenovo y700, i7, SSD), it takes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ajskul, Mar 24, 2020.

1. ajskul Win User

Short freeze after waking up

Hi.
    WIN 10, 17134.1246

This is not very big problem (if any) but I wonder.
    Since few days, when i'm waking my laptop (Lenovo y700, i7, SSD), it takes him about second or two to show logon screen.
    During this second or two, there is a blue screen (not BSOD), and then logon screen appear.

I know, it's not a big deal, but i take care very much about everything in my laptops, and "The devil is in the detail", so i want to ask - if anyone had/has similar behave, and knows what causing this?

:)

ajskul, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Fitz84 Win User

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

• No luck with the "trouble-shooter."
    • Issues are: on waking, date increases by 6 or so days and many apps/ windows freeze on opening. I tried it again today, and a blue screen came up with Command Prompt and other suggestions to fix. By the way, on restarting, the computer returns to
      normal.
    • On the issue of "recent system changes", it is a new computer I purchased a couple of months ago. It is running Windows 10 (64 bit), with MS Office (32 bit). I have uninstalled & reinstalled MS Office, over the internet.
    • Have not "encountered any error message"
    • Have not taken any "troubleshooting steps", except trouble-shooter.

Fitz84, Mar 24, 2020
  3. contant short freezes on tablet

Hi Nedim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are in a frustrating situation, because programs hangs and freezes on tablet.

I'd certainly help you, to resolve the issue.

Please answer the query, mentioned below, for a better understanding of your issue:

• Do you receive any error code or error message?
    • Have you made any changes to your system, prior to this issue?
    The first step is to identify the category of issue you are facing. We will define four categories of behavior for PCs that become unresponsive, as follows:

1. Hang: Your PC becomes unresponsive whenever you do a specific set of steps, and you must restart to recover the PC.

2. Random Hang: Your PC becomes unresponsive seemingly at random, and you must restart to recover the PC.

3. Generic Freeze: Your PC becomes unresponsive for a period of time, and then becomes usable again without taking any action. You don't need to restart your PC for it to be usable again. This behavior seems to affect all apps.

4. Single-app Freeze: Your PC exhibits the same behavior as a Generic Freeze, except that it only occurs when running a specific app, such as when playing a game or browsing websites.

For further assistance and more information, I would suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article and check, if it helps.

Windows hangs or freezes.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2681286

Note: applies to Windows 10.

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Mar 24, 2020
  4. 56Kruiser Win User

PC Freezing for short periods -> DistributedCOM Error?

I'm trying to open an Intel support ticket. I ran the SSU, and selected the option to submit to Intel. But when I click that it takes me to the site, and I created an account, but it does not appear to be submitting the SSU file.

It wants me to identify my component. So here's a couple options it shows:

If I select "I dont' know", it gives me this, which offers for me to run SSU and check the list:

Short freeze after waking up [​IMG]

So I tried Select from list, and get this:

If I select identify by part number of serial number, I get this:

I"m not sure how I should proceed.

56Kruiser, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Short freeze after waking up - Similar Threads - Short freeze waking

2. Windows 11 freezes after wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 freezes after wake up: Hello;After I switched to windows 11, it freezes after a long sleep maybe 4 5 hours. I do not get the same problem if the sleep duration is 1 -2 hours. After waking up from a long sleep, windows shows the log in screen and then it freezes or sometimes I am able to enter 2-3...
  3. Windows 11 freezes after wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 freezes after wake up: Hello;After I switched to windows 11, it freezes after a long sleep maybe 4 5 hours. I do not get the same problem if the sleep duration is 1 -2 hours. After waking up from a long sleep, windows shows the log in screen and then it freezes or sometimes I am able to enter 2-3...
  4. Displays go to sleep, then wake up shortly after, then stay asleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Displays go to sleep, then wake up shortly after, then stay asleep: Ongoing issue with computer displays waking up. I have my monitors set to go to sleep at 3 minutes. Some time after (3-10 minutes) they go to sleep, they will wake back up and then go to sleep again after 3 minutes. After it does it once, doesn't seem to happen again. It's...
  5. Windows freezes on wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes on wake up: Hello,My PC is up-to-date.Drivers are up-to-date.I have not installed any new software.Problem: Windows freezes on startup. I have run s system file check and it seems to find corrupt files every time and fixes them.After that I check health and restore health with Dism, but...
  6. Windows Freezing After Short Inactivity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Freezing After Short Inactivity: So im having this problem over a week now and I just cant find a solution for it.The problem is that if im not using my pc for more than 15-20 min, it suddenly freezes and the only way to fix it is by hard resetting the pc using the power button. At first I thought it was a...
  7. Computer Freezing shortly after start up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Freezing shortly after start up: yesterday I got on my fairly new computer and it froze up a couple minutes after i turned it on, the only way I could turn it off is holding the power button for 10 seconds. I have tried many things, please help. submitted by /u/LardLord56789 [link] [comments]...
  8. Short freezes

Short freezes: Hi, when I click into like action centre and system, for example, I get very small brief full system lag/freezes which stops my mouse, sound, everything for that split couple seconds. It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen often. Anyone else experiences this and...
  9. Short freezes

Short freezes: Hi, when I click into like action center and system for example, I get very small brief full system lag/freezes which stops my mouse, sound, everything for that split couple seconds. It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen often. Anyone else experience this...
  10. Short freeze after waking up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Short freeze after waking up: Hi. WIN 10, 17134.1246 This is not very big problem (if any) but I wonder. Since few days, when i'm waking my laptop (Lenovo y700, i7, SSD), it takes him about second or two to show logon screen. During this second or two, there is a blue screen (not BSOD), and then logon...