Windows 10: Short Self Test unsuccessful

Discus and support Short Self Test unsuccessful in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a 6+ years old Dell Inspiron laptop, which has the following 3 OSes installed: 1. Windows 10 2. Ubuntu 18.04 LTS 3. OpenSUSE Leap 15.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Goku_0709, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Goku_0709 Win User

Short Self Test unsuccessful

Hi, I have a 6+ years old Dell Inspiron laptop, which has the following 3 OSes installed:

1. Windows 10

2. Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

3. OpenSUSE Leap 15.1

Today while trying to boot into Windows the following error showed up:

error: failure reading sector 0x109002 from `hd0'.

error: no such device 4E9E-D84F picture below

Short Self Test unsuccessful [​IMG]

Then I tried booting into Ubuntu which failed as well.

However, I've successfully booted into OpenSUSE and from there I can get access to the other partitions and able to read the files as well.

I know my hard drive is slowly failing, but is there any possibility that I could boot into the Windows installation successfully?

My Dell laptop came with a diagnostic option. Running diagnostics returned the following error on the hard drive:

Hard Drive 0 - Short self test unsuccessful

Short Self Test unsuccessful [​IMG]

:)

Goku_0709, Dec 19, 2019

2. blue screen error and short self test unsuccessful

Hi, while rebooting my Dell inspiron with Windows 10 show blue screen and shows the error 0xc000021a. Your PC ran into problem and needs to start. After that it doesn't start I tried to reset but it failed and in diagnostic it shows " FAIL PSA V4228 ERROR
    2000:01:42. HARD DRIVE 0-S/N W0VDND0F, SHORT SELF TEST UNSUCCESSFUL. Doest it mean I have to replace my hard disk

dangerous 786, Dec 19, 2019
  3. blue screen error and short self test unsuccessful

If it is failing even the short test you probably will need to replace it

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Dec 19, 2019
  4. KailiLei Win User

SMART extended self test failed

hi i ran the short drive self test and it passed. the long generic test failed but there isnt a fix option. please help

KailiLei, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Short Self Test unsuccessful - Similar Threads - Short Self Test

2. payment unsuccessful

in Windows 10 Gaming
    payment unsuccessful: we did not able to proceed with payment as it is showing some errorname in while paying through credit card please help us in this matter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/payment-unsuccessful/609ba2fa-1699-497a-861f-8303aae99122
  3. Fix BIOS Power-On Self-Test (POST) errors on Windows 10 systems

in Windows 10 News
    Fix BIOS Power-On Self-Test (POST) errors on Windows 10 systems: If when you boot your Windows 10 device and the computer fails to boot successfully and throws any of the BIOS Power-On Self-Test (POST) error codes, then this post is intended to help you with the solution you can try to resolve the issue. [ATTACH] Fix BIOS Power-On...
  4. Windows installation unsuccessful

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installation unsuccessful: Dear ****munity, I am having trouble and a real bad day because of it with my laptop. I had windows 10 installed on it, but after a recent windows update it appeared to freeze on occasion, to which the only answer was to hold down the power button to turn it off. Today I...
  5. Crucial Storage Executive won't run Self-test on the boot drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crucial Storage Executive won't run Self-test on the boot drive: New Crucial MX500 and new Win10 Pro 64-bit installation Version 2004 Build 19041.685. I rolled back from 2H20 which prevents some older programs from running. I installed Crucial's StorageExecutive version 6.09.092020.06. I have 4 drives in the system, and 3 of them check...
  6. Unsuccessful Sync

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unsuccessful Sync: Hi, Does anyone know what this means? is someone trying to get access to my account? random locations etc. It seems to "attempt" every 2-3 days with different IP addresses and locations. [ATTACH]...
  7. PC stuck at POST (Power-On Self-Test)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC stuck at POST (Power-On Self-Test): Hello So i ran into a weird issue today. When i powered on my PC it got stuck at the POST (Power-On Self-Test) screen just before you enter the OS. After 3-4 minutes it loaded into the OS. I had this issue back on Windows 7 also. I'm thinking it's the HDD. I have 2 HDDs :...
  8. Testing /INTEGRITYCHECK using self signed exe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Testing /INTEGRITYCHECK using self signed exe: I am using /INTEGRITYCHECK linker option for enforcing digital signature check. For testing this property, I created a test certificate using makecert, added it as trusted publisher. Then signed the exe with /INTEGRITYCHECK using this certificate. But when I try to run it,...
  9. Start-up Test Failed - Short DST: FAILED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Start-up Test Failed - Short DST: FAILED: I am using HP Pavilion dm4 Notebook with Windows 10 Home Edition installed. HD: TOSHIBA MK6465GSX [Hard drive] (640.13 GB) Recently my laptop started to reboot frequently with some error, overheating and DISK usage always 100%... I have tried to format the hard...
  10. Microsoft’s Mobile Payment Solution Falls Short in Early Testing

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Mobile Payment Solution Falls Short in Early Testing: Earlier this week, Microsoft began rolling out a new version of its Wallet app for Windows 10 Mobile devices, adding support for Tap to Pay mobile payments. This is good news, but credit card support is currently lacking, rendering the feature useless for many. To be fair...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell long self test unsuccessful