Windows 10: Short video freezes when starting playing video W10 Nvidia

Discus and support Short video freezes when starting playing video W10 Nvidia in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi. I have a GeForce GTX 1080. Two weeks ago I got hit with the 1809 update for Windows 10. Ever since then I have the same problem that was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by tired1, Mar 31, 2019.

1. tired1 Win User

Short video freezes when starting playing video W10 Nvidia

Hi.

I have a GeForce GTX 1080.

Two weeks ago I got hit with the 1809 update for Windows 10.

Ever since then I have the same problem that was described in this thread: W10 Video start freeze Solved - Windows 10 Forums

When I start playing a video in MPC-HC, SMPlayer or Windows Media Player, the whole screen freezes for about a second or two.

If I press next and go to another video, it freezes again. But not if I just pause it or select the same video from favorites.

The freezes don't happen when I play the video on a monitor connected to the integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630.

Short freezes like this also occur when starting Steam or a web browser and when viewing Windows Display settings and clicking on monitors in there.

Before the windows update I had very old GeForce drivers, 22.21.13.8205 - 382.05. After the update Windows has probably used a more recent driver, but certainly not as old as 391.01 mentioned in the older issue.

Even after downloading and installing the 419.35 drivers the freezes aren't gone.

Starting windows in safe mode helps, because then the Nvidia drivers aren't used. Clean mode doesn't help.

If I go to Display settings in Windows and then to Graphics settings and set the MPC-HC to use the power saving GPU (the integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630) then the freeze happens only on opening the first file. Switching to next file doesn't freeze.

I've been tinkering with the computer for the past two weeks but still no progress. Do you have any ideas what to try next? Thank you in advance.

:)

tired1, Mar 31, 2019
  2. Warkratos Win User

W10 Video start freeze

This is a known issue with NVIDIA 391.01 and 391.05 drivers, going to be fixed on next version.
    On codec guide website, you can see that they suggests you to install 390.77 which is not bugged and that's the version I use.

391.xx versions has a lot of bugs.

Short video freezes when starting playing video W10 Nvidia [​IMG]

Warkratos, Mar 31, 2019
  3. SmokeRom Win User
    W10 Video start freeze

Hello.

Windows 10 LTSB / AMD RYZEN 5 / NVIDIA GTX 1060 (installed latest bios, windows updates, video card drivers and k-lite code pack).

When i start play video (any formats) in almost any player i get system freeze on ~1-2 seconds (even cursor freeze). Video → video-freeze

Tested in Windows Media Player, PotPlayer, MPC-HC.

BUT if i start my PC in Safe mode or play video in VLC – all works fine.

It's new PC, but second Windows 10 installed. In first windows i dont have this problem, but use the same software.

Maybe someone knows how to fix it?

SmokeRom, Mar 31, 2019
  4. McSweg Win User

W10 Video start freeze

Do you think that I am having overwatch issues like alt tabbing and going back to my game and having it freeze for like 10 seconds (usually its instant) and sometimes im dipping from 300 frames to 30fps out of no where.

McSweg, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Short video freezes when starting playing video W10 Nvidia - Similar Threads - Short video freezes

2. Computer freezes when playing any video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes when playing any video: Hi,Whenever I watch any video, either on YouTube via a browser or using built in Media Player, after 5-20 minutes of watching a video my computer becomes unresponsive. Only way to solve the issue each time is to force reboot the computer.I am using the following specs...
  3. Computer freezes when playing any video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes when playing any video: Hi,Whenever I watch any video, either on YouTube via a browser or using built in Media Player, after 5-20 minutes of watching a video my computer becomes unresponsive. Only way to solve the issue each time is to force reboot the computer.I am using the following specs...
  4. Computer Freeze when playing video games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freeze when playing video games: I've been wondering and having a really tough time figuring out a solution. When I'm playing SCUM on STEAM my computer will freeze. i get minidump and msinfo from my computer.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VSutjmyEd-8yjZKIm9g2OfUK5_Yw-hSt?usp=sharing...
  5. Computer Freeze when playing video games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Freeze when playing video games: I've been wondering and having a really tough time figuring out a solution. When I'm playing SCUM on STEAM my computer will freeze. i get minidump and msinfo from my computer.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VSutjmyEd-8yjZKIm9g2OfUK5_Yw-hSt?usp=sharing...
  6. Laptop Freezes when playing video games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Freezes when playing video games: I have a lenovo z51-70 windows 10 AMD Graphics R9 M375 and Intel Core i7 5500U with 16 GB Ram. I've never faced this problem before video games worked just fine on my laptop until I got a bsod so I decided to reset my PC after resetting it and downloading the game. when...
  7. Windows 10 freezing when playing videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing when playing videos: Few weeks ago I noticed that my laptop completely freezes when playing videos. This first happened with playing YouTube videos (no matter which quality), and then I realized that Win.10 freezes when I'm playing downloaded videos as well as videos on other internet pages. I...
  8. Videos lag or freeze when playing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Videos lag or freeze when playing: About 4 years ago I upgraded my Dell desktop from Windows 7 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit. I've noticed that there is a lag or freezing of screens including video where the spinning donut goes around and around. I don't have the same issue on my phone with the videos so it has...
  9. W10 Video start freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Video start freeze: Hello. Windows 10 LTSB / AMD RYZEN 5 / NVIDIA GTX 1060 (installed latest bios, windows updates, video card drivers and k-lite code pack). When i start play video (any formats) in almost any player i get system freeze on ~1-2 seconds (even cursor freeze). Video →...
  10. Playing Get Started Videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Playing Get Started Videos: Just downloaded Windows 10. Went to Get Started page and tried to play each of the videos. Each one failed to play. Any idea why? 10493