Windows 10: Short Width Search Bar

Discus and support Short Width Search Bar in Cortana to solve the problem; So I Opened My Other Computer and i noticed that the search bar is kinda short1st image: my computer2nd image: came from another computeri compared... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Bacon Hair, Feb 10, 2023.

1. Short Width Search Bar

So I Opened My Other Computer and i noticed that the search bar is kinda short1st image: my computer2nd image: came from another computeri compared both of the imageshow do i make the search bar wider?

:)

Bacon Hair, Feb 10, 2023

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 10, 2023
  3. s0lution Win User
    vertical taskbar width

Disabling all optional tool bars (like e. g. Desktop, Links) in the task bar will allow you to shrink the width to two symbol columns. I hope MS will fix this in the future. Even if the name of a custom tool bar displayed in the task bar is very short
    there is a minimal width for the whole taskbar than...

s0lution, Feb 10, 2023
  4. Short Width Search Bar

Adjust scroll bar width

Hi,

To address the issue with scroll bar width in Windows 10, you may adjust the setting from the Registry Editor. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key + R to open Run.
    • Type in regedit and press Enter.
    • Go to this location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Desktop/Windows Metrics.
    • On the right panel, look for ScrollWidth.
    • Change the value to -225.
    • Close Registry Editor.
    • Restart PC.

Please note that this task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the
    registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Let us know how it goes.

Josette Sal, Feb 10, 2023
Thema:

Short Width Search Bar

1. Short Width Search Bar - Similar Threads - Short Width Search

2. Address bar width windows 10 explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Address bar width windows 10 explorer: Hello!I wrote half of this text through a translator, because I have problems with writing on my own, I hope you will understand me.Yesterday I reinstalled Windows 10 22h2, build 19045.3758 and did not understand why the address bar of the explorer became narrow, as it was...
  3. Address bar width windows 10 explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Address bar width windows 10 explorer: Hello!I wrote half of this text through a translator, because I have problems with writing on my own, I hope you will understand me.Yesterday I reinstalled Windows 10 22h2, build 19045.3758 and did not understand why the address bar of the explorer became narrow, as it was...
  4. Address bar width windows 10 explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Short Width Search Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Short Width Search Bar: So I Opened My Other Computer and i noticed that the search bar is kinda short1st image: my computer2nd image: came from another computeri compared both of the imageshow do i make the search bar wider?...
  6. Short Width Search Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Short Width Search Bar: So I Opened My Other Computer and i noticed that the search bar is kinda short1st image: my computer2nd image: came from another computeri compared both of the imageshow do i make the search bar wider?...
  7. Task bar icons autofitting to width of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar icons autofitting to width of screen: Just got a new laptop and I can't find the right setting to fix this. My icons are ridiculously wide and seem to autofit to the width of my monitor image 1. How do I get them back to the normal size image 2, where the same number of programs are open, but use 1/2 the space. I...
  8. Windows Search Bar closes shortly after opening it

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar closes shortly after opening it: Hello, every time I click the "type here to search" bar, it opens then closes. This is what I mean in video form: https://streamable.com/qh872mWhen I restart my computer and click "type here to search" it stays open but as soon as i start to type in it, it...
  9. Search suddenly became short?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search suddenly became short?: my search menu suddenly became way shorter then it previously was...any fix? submitted by /u/RayvenONE [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l09cnm/search_suddenly_became_short/
  10. width of the active window title bar adjustment

in Windows 10 Customization
    width of the active window title bar adjustment: In Win7 it was possible to change the width of the title bar in the active or the inactive windows. You could also change the border thickness as well as the width of the scroll bar, etc. I can not find these options in Win10!! It is still beyond me as to why you guys...