Windows 10: Shortcut after updating window defender

Discus and support Shortcut after updating window defender in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good day all, Please I recently updated my window defender and all the applicants became short cut and I can't access them again, what can I do to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by REMLAD, Oct 2, 2019.

1. REMLAD Win User

Shortcut after updating window defender

Good day all,

Please I recently updated my window defender and all the applicants became short cut and I can't access them again, what can I do to recover the apps?

Regards

:)

REMLAD, Oct 2, 2019
  2. Le Boule Win User

Shortcut for Window Defender

After you receive the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (you should receive it this month) a WD icon should be inserted into the taskbar notifications area and you can easily access WD from there…you should
    be able to set it to permanently appear on the taskbar. I think I’d just wait on that to occur instead of creating an app or shortcut.

See http://www.howtogeek.com/248177/whats-new-in-windows-10s-anniversary-update/

• Windows Defender now has an icon that appears in the notification area and produces more notifications by default. This makes it more clear to average Windows users that Windows 10 has a built-in antivirus protecting them. Windows
      Defender can also perform a boot-time offline scan to find and remove more nasty malware.
    But if you prefer not to wait on the Anniversary Update you can always try following the suggestions here:

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/create-windows-defender-settings-shortcut-in-windows-10.6913/

Regards….

Le Boule, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 2, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Shortcut after updating window defender - Similar Threads - Shortcut updating window

2. Windows Defender Shortcuts.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Shortcuts.: Good afternoon, I decided to post a new thread for this rather than in one of the Tutorials first. I have pretty much all the programs etc that I use in a Toolbar. I decided to setup a folder for Windows Defender. I wanted to first open the Scan Options Page using a Shortcut,...
  3. Shortcut Defender Advanced Firewall

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut Defender Advanced Firewall: Hi, How can I create a shortcut for Microsoft Defender Advanced Firewall? I don't know the exact path Thanks 176099
  4. Windows defender not working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender not working after update: My computer pulled in updates a few days ago, and now windows defender isn't working. It says that the threat service has stopped. Restart it now. I clicked the button, and waited. it then threw an error. I ran a scan with another program, and came up clean. How can i fix...
  5. Windows freezes after Defender updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes after Defender updates: For about 2 weeks, my computer has been randomly freezing, requiring me to restart it every time. I've run all the easy tricks updating drivers, checking memory integrity, running SFC etc. I've found on various guides for windows freezes without success. Then I checked the...
  6. Problems with Windows Defender after Update

Problems with Windows Defender after Update: You people from Microsoft always do things half way !!! a very nerving issue in windows defender is when , after an update , all allowed items are deleted and important programs don't work anymore , and so the allowed items list must be rebuilt . This list should not be...
  7. Windows Defender not working after update

Windows Defender not working after update: After I recently updated windows, I had a few problems like -a black screen after sign-in -80-100% cpu usage on idle -Windows Defender crashing when I open it -No sound from the speakers So i reset my PC keeping my personal files, which did absolutely nothing. I fixed...
  8. Windows Defender Advanced Scan Shortcut

Windows Defender Advanced Scan Shortcut: If I access Windows Defender from the system tray icon and try to run an advanced scan, it will not run. Nothing happens. I don't know why. I've searched for answers but nothing works. Quick Scan is ok. So I found these handy shortcuts for Windows Defender Full scans, but...
  9. windows defender desktop shortcut

windows defender desktop shortcut: windows defender desktop shortcut https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-desktop-shortcut/cf67fe69-f7ce-417f-aa15-be3fba10ed33
  10. Windows Defender Shortcuts

Windows Defender Shortcuts: Is there a way to create a custom shortcut to run a C:\ scan? Also looking for a direct shortcut to the Windows defender scan logs in the Event Viewer. Thanks __________________________ Windows 1803 123966

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my windows defender shortcut icon is not working