Windows 10: Shortcut arrows keep disappearing

Discus and support Shortcut arrows keep disappearing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since upgrading to W10 from W7, any shortcuts held within folders lose their little arrows after a few hours making them indistinguishable from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Treepixie, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Treepixie Win User

Shortcut arrows keep disappearing

Since upgrading to W10 from W7, any shortcuts held within folders lose their little arrows after a few hours making them indistinguishable from the original file icons. Replacing these shortcuts with new ones, does not help as the same thing happens after a short time.

All the shortcuts that are on the desktop however, remain unaffected. Suggestions welcome.

:)

Treepixie, Dec 8, 2015
  2. odennehy Win User

Windows 10, shortcut arrows icon disappears

This problem has been reported in earlier versions of Windows after Windows 7. The problem is that the shortcut arrow disappears from icons; making it impossible to distinguish between a shortcut and the actual file. I've found the quick fix thus far is
    simple to RIGHT MOUSE CLICK on the DESKTOP, then select REFRESH. That seems to restores the shortcut arrow.

odennehy, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Dissapearing vertical scroll bar on IE11

That is a lie. I have Edge and the scroll bar keeps disappearing. As long as I am not actively moving the cursor it disappears. It disappears evne when the cursor is right on the top or bottom arrow of the scroll bar, and disappears very quickly. Very
    annoying.

williammcdonaldmc, Dec 8, 2015
Thema:

Shortcut arrows keep disappearing

1. Shortcut arrows keep disappearing - Similar Threads - Shortcut arrows keep

2. Shortcut arrows disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut arrows disappear: Windows 11. I keep shortcuts with arrows on my desktop to quickly open files and folders. However, every 3 weeks or so, the arrows disappear. I run the program “Restore_default_shortcut_arrow.reg” to restore them. It does a great job, but I have to reboot each time....
  3. Shortcut arrows disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut arrows disappear: Windows 11. I keep shortcuts with arrows on my desktop to quickly open files and folders. However, every 3 weeks or so, the arrows disappear. I run the program “Restore_default_shortcut_arrow.reg” to restore them. It does a great job, but I have to reboot each time....
  4. Shortcut Arrow Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut Arrow Size: GreetingsI have just reinstalled Windows 11. After all Windows updates the system is at version 22H2 22621.963.I notice now that when I create a shortcut on the desktop, the arrow is extremely small. Here is an image:The shortcut arrows in Explorer windows appear to be the...
  5. Shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut arrows: How to remove shortcut arrows in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-arrows/e8445720-f95a-4605-a968-5b76569c5b9b
  6. Shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut arrows: How to remove shortcut arrows in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-arrows/e8445720-f95a-4605-a968-5b76569c5b9b
  7. Remove shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove shortcut arrows: How do we remove those desktop shortcut arrows? Is there a quick way w/o digging into the registry? I don't see it in the latest UWT. Thanks *Wink 113829
  8. Shortcut arrow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut arrow: How remove shortcut arrows from desktop icons in Win10 ? 8484
  9. Arrows on desktop shortcuts have disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Arrows on desktop shortcuts have disappeared: As the title says ... the arrows on my desktop shortcuts have disappeared. I don't know why. And not all of them are gone. [img] Whuzzup with all that? 104717
  10. Desktop shortcut icon arrow disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcut icon arrow disappeared: [img] <-Before [img] <-After I upgraded to Windows 10 recently, and I've noticed something strange happening. When I boot up my computer, the desktop looks fine, but after a while, the little arrow overlays at the bottom left corner of the shortcut icons disappear....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 how to fix? shortcut arrow disappears