Windows 10: Shortcut arrows

Discus and support Shortcut arrows in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How to remove shortcut arrows in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-arrows/e8445720-f95a-4605-a968-5b76569c5b9b Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CRHajek, Jan 26, 2022.

1. CRHajek Win User

Shortcut arrows

How to remove shortcut arrows in windows 11?

:)

CRHajek, Jan 26, 2022
  2. tigger Win User

Windows Shortcut Arrow Editor

If you want them shortcut arrows gone, try this. Works on win 8.1 too.

Windows Shortcut Arrow Editor

Download Windows Shortcut Arrow Editor

Shortcut arrows noarrow.jpg

tigger, Jan 26, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jan 26, 2022
  4. Shortcut arrows

Cross arrow shortcuts are shown on the icons after the November upgrade.

Hi Cemal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you using any third party software for any shortcuts icons?
    • Is it only for the shortcut apps or any other apps?
    • Are you facing any issues with the arrows above on the shortcuts?
    Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

Shortcut arrows

1. Shortcut arrows - Similar Threads - Shortcut arrows

2. Shortcut arrows disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut arrows disappear: Windows 11. I keep shortcuts with arrows on my desktop to quickly open files and folders. However, every 3 weeks or so, the arrows disappear. I run the program “Restore_default_shortcut_arrow.reg” to restore them. It does a great job, but I have to reboot each time....
  3. Shortcut arrows disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut arrows disappear: Windows 11. I keep shortcuts with arrows on my desktop to quickly open files and folders. However, every 3 weeks or so, the arrows disappear. I run the program “Restore_default_shortcut_arrow.reg” to restore them. It does a great job, but I have to reboot each time....
  4. Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.: ISSUE:Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents. I use an enormous number of shortcuts in the filing system I have created for my work, and I constantly need to have Dropbox on coordinate with my staff. Sometimes I resort to...
  5. Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.: ISSUE:Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents. I use an enormous number of shortcuts in the filing system I have created for my work, and I constantly need to have Dropbox on coordinate with my staff. Sometimes I resort to...
  6. Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.

7. The Shortcut arrow on my shortcut has changed to an X. How do I change it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Shortcut arrow on my shortcut has changed to an X. How do I change it back?: Help me change my desktop shortcut icons back to arrows! I don't like the "x-es"! Also, is this a sign of a malfunction or is it Microsoft's latest update change?...
  8. The Shortcut arrow on my shortcut has changed to an X. How do I change it back?

The Shortcut arrow on my shortcut has changed to an X. How do I change it back?: Help me change my desktop shortcut icons back to arrows! I don't like the "x-es"! Also, is this a sign of a malfunction or is it Microsoft's latest update change?...
  9. The Shortcut arrow on my shortcut has changed to an X. How do I change it back?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Shortcut arrow replaced with magnifying glass

Shortcut arrow replaced with magnifying glass: The arrow icon that normally shows up on my desktop shortcuts is replaced with a magnifying glass. I looked up the problem but the response was for windows 7. I am using 11. Anyone know how to fix it?I had a screenshot but I can't upload it for some reason, it keeps failing...