Windows 10: shortcut - config.ini

Discus and support shortcut - config.ini in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why does this reappear on my desktop almost every week after I delete it. I have not clicked it on to see what happens. I'm thinking it is put there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TheodoreCherry, May 30, 2019.

1. shortcut - config.ini

Why does this reappear on my desktop almost every week after I delete it. I have not clicked it on to see what happens. I'm thinking it is put there after Win 10 updates. What's it's purpose?

:)

TheodoreCherry, May 30, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.shortcut - config.ini :)

terrace, May 30, 2019
  3. nuva Win User
    Snippet C#: INI Files

This code is great, i'm going to use this in one of my programmes *Big Grin shortcut - config.ini :D

is it possible to make a list of all sections in the ini files?

4. shortcut - config.ini

Snippet C#: INI Files

GetSections() will return a string[] of section names. If you want the values too, just do a for or for loop to enumerate them. For example:

Code: foreach (string section in ini.GetSections()) { Console.WriteLine("[" + section + "]"); foreach (string key in ini[section].GetKeys()) Console.WriteLine(key + "=" + ini[section][key]); Console.WriteLine(); }[/quote]

FordGT90Concept, May 30, 2019
Thema:

shortcut - config.ini

1. shortcut - config.ini - Similar Threads - shortcut config ini

2. Windows 7 Professional .INI recoery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Professional .INI recoery: Hi,I have a directory on Windows 7 Professional which contains files for a program that I am running. .INI files were accidentally deleted which corrupted the program and undid saved settings for projects within the program. I do not have a restore point and was wondering if...
  3. Windows 7 Professional .INI recoery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Professional .INI recoery: Hi,I have a directory on Windows 7 Professional which contains files for a program that I am running. .INI files were accidentally deleted which corrupted the program and undid saved settings for projects within the program. I do not have a restore point and was wondering if...
  4. CONFIG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CONFIG: After i check to HIDE all MS services do i click disable all then applyThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/config/eb829b6f-6634-40f3-b961-dd5d5730d6b4
  5. CONFIG

CONFIG: After i check to HIDE all MS services do i click disable all then applyThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/config/eb829b6f-6634-40f3-b961-dd5d5730d6b4
  6. CONFIG

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows Defender and .ini files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender and .ini files: We ae using Windows 10 and Windows Defender antivirus. When our program saves information to an .ini file - it can take a very long time. It takes more than 4 times longer with Windows Defender than with other anti-virus programs ex AVG, Avast. If we exclude the .ini file...
  8. Realtek audio driver setup INI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek audio driver setup INI: Hi, I have Lenovo C730, it has Realtek audio with Dolby Atmos. Lenovo currently provides 8622 driver version for audio. As a matter of interest, I looked up driver installation folder and found file called "setup.ini". It has many general settings variables. But I can't find...
  9. Desktop INI and Autorun

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop INI and Autorun: So... I have multiple external hdds. I have autoruns on them to generate Labels and Icons. That is working properly. I have multiple sub folders on those hdds. I need 2 different types of Desktop INIs that I cannot seem to get working. **NOT Working** I need the parent on...
  10. what is a .ini icon?

what is a .ini icon?: I have these ghostly looking .ini icons on my screen, which are connected to other documents - what are they and can I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/what-is-a-ini-icon/11adb71a-4cd6-4a41-b307-0788047abf35