Windows 10: Shortcut files

Discus and support Shortcut files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Convert shortcut files to workable document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-files/82ff0a30-bf63-4e63-93c4-6b1cacefa33c Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilliamWhit21941, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Shortcut files

Convert shortcut files to workable document

:)

WilliamWhit21941, Mar 22, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Shortcut files :)

terrace, Mar 22, 2020
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Shortcut files

Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

Threw a program together quick for you. It is attached with source in the other. Use it in place of your VBScript.

It supports:
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run]
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run] [icon index]
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run] [icon file]
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run] [icon file] [icon index]

If "icon index" is missing, it assumes 0. If "icon file" is missing it assumes "path to run." It doesn't presently support arguments to be added to the shortcut nor modifying the working directory (always assumes same directory as "path to run").

Requires .NET Framework 4.0 to run. Will run natively on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Shortcut files

1. Shortcut files - Similar Threads - Shortcut files

2. How to create shortcuts in different ways other then file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create shortcuts in different ways other then file explorer: Hi!I need help,I need to create a shortcut for MCAFEE AV antivirus, Microsoft edge, and VMware Workstation 17 - a virtual machine platform that runs windows - mac - linuxI'm running windows 11I am unable to find them at file explorer nor start, However they are installed as i...
  3. How to create shortcuts in different ways other then file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create shortcuts in different ways other then file explorer: Hi!I need help,I need to create a shortcut for MCAFEE AV antivirus, Microsoft edge, and VMware Workstation 17 - a virtual machine platform that runs windows - mac - linuxI'm running windows 11I am unable to find them at file explorer nor start, However they are installed as i...
  4. Sd card files disappears and are moved onto a shortcut named "Sd Card 32gb"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sd card files disappears and are moved onto a shortcut named "Sd Card 32gb": When i try to plug in an sd card or usb to windows 7 SP1 all the files just disappear and get moved onto a shortcut when i look what is it it was moved into a invisible folder...
  5. Sd card files disappears and are moved onto a shortcut named "Sd Card 32gb"

Sd card files disappears and are moved onto a shortcut named "Sd Card 32gb": When i try to plug in an sd card or usb to windows 7 SP1 all the files just disappear and get moved onto a shortcut when i look what is it it was moved into a invisible folder...
  6. Changing a file location from a shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing a file location from a shortcut: Hi There Folks!I have a lot of photos downloaded to my PC Windows 10 from my iCloud account, I'm trying to move some of them into a separate folder and I'm having issues changing the file locations. The photos/videos in question are in their separate folder, but they're...
  7. Changing a file location from a shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing a file location from a shortcut: Hi There Folks!I have a lot of photos downloaded to my PC Windows 10 from my iCloud account, I'm trying to move some of them into a separate folder and I'm having issues changing the file locations. The photos/videos in question are in their separate folder, but they're...
  8. Changing a file location from a shortcut

9. How to run a Windows Apps shortcut in a batch file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to run a Windows Apps shortcut in a batch file?: Hi,I'm trying to open a couple of programs OBS and the Minecraft Launcher in a batch file that I will then make a shortcut for so I can launch them with one press of a key on my Num Pad. I was wondering how I could open the Minecraft Launcher in this batch file? The issue...
  10. How to run a Windows Apps shortcut in a batch file?

How to run a Windows Apps shortcut in a batch file?: Hi,I'm trying to open a couple of programs OBS and the Minecraft Launcher in a batch file that I will then make a shortcut for so I can launch them with one press of a key on my Num Pad. I was wondering how I could open the Minecraft Launcher in this batch file? The issue...