Windows 10: Shortcut folder recovery

Discus and support Shortcut folder recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had made a shortcut folder on desktop and kept some files in it. Then i copied all the data from my user profiles including Desktop file and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Saleem Khan (X215374), Nov 6, 2019.

1. Shortcut folder recovery

I had made a shortcut folder on desktop and kept some files in it. Then i copied all the data from my user profiles including Desktop file and formatted the laptop and installed Win 10 in it. Now when I pasted the data after installing Win 10, the shortcut folder is not opening. It was very important data, is there any chance that i could recover it??

:)

Saleem Khan (X215374), Nov 6, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Shortcut folder recovery :)

terrace, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Folder Template with shortcut to folder inside folder.

I showed you the principle of a method that will do what you wish. To apply it to any folder structure you need to understand how it works.

• In my shortcut I defined the "Start in" folder as %CD%. This means that the shortcut must use the
      current folder as its base. In my example this was C:\Templates\Template1\TestA.
    • For the shortcut I used this command line:

explorer.exe ..\TestB\Target

What exactly does this do? Here is the explanation:

1. "..\" tells Explorer to step on up in the directory tree:

C:\Templates\Template1\TestA -> C:\Templates\Template1

2. "TestB" tells Explorer to steop one down in the directory tree:

C:\Templates\Template1 -> C:\Templates\Template1\TestB

3. "Target" tells Explorer to open the file or folder "Target".
    Applying this knowledge, you could create a shortcut that makes Explorer step up two folders:

Explorer.exe ..\..\Template2\TestB\Target

C:\Templates\Template1\TestA

-> C:\Templates\Template1

-> C:\Templates

-> C:\Templates\Template2

-> C:\Templates\Template1\TestB

-> Open "Target"

Armed with this knowledge you can now fix your shortcut yourself.

Frederik Long, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Shortcut folder recovery

Is there any way to get the original icons to display again after the shortcuts are moved into a folder?

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Please be informed, the view of files, folders, shortcuts etc. will be set to small icons by default, due to which you will not be able to see the shortcut's icon.

I suggest you to follow these steps:

• Click on View
      menu in the menu bar.

• Select either of these options
      medium, large or extra-large icons and you will be able to see the icon of the shortcut.

In future, if you have any issues related to Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Shortcut folder recovery

1. Shortcut folder recovery - Similar Threads - Shortcut folder recovery

2. recovery folder???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recovery folder???: there is a recovery folder in my c drive it was hidden today i looked at it its taking 2.71gb of storage can i delete it??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-folder/a7e93c10-6fec-46e9-bb1f-4a29429d8686
  3. recovery folder???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recovery folder???: there is a recovery folder in my c drive it was hidden today i looked at it its taking 2.71gb of storage can i delete it??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-folder/a7e93c10-6fec-46e9-bb1f-4a29429d8686
  4. Problem with shortcut and folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with shortcut and folder: I searched for a folder that I have in my computer since 2021, but I could not find it anywhere, like if it got deleted. Right after, I found a shortcut from that folder that I remember I created at the same time as the folder, but whenever I try to open it I got the error...
  5. Problem with shortcut and folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with shortcut and folder: I searched for a folder that I have in my computer since 2021, but I could not find it anywhere, like if it got deleted. Right after, I found a shortcut from that folder that I remember I created at the same time as the folder, but whenever I try to open it I got the error...
  6. Problem with shortcut and folder

7. Shortcut folders missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut folders missing: My shortcut folders are missing in explorer.How do I enable the shortcuts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-folders-missing/2348fc95-78d8-444c-8747-e2c8317bea65
  8. Shortcut folders missing

Shortcut folders missing: My shortcut folders are missing in explorer.How do I enable the shortcuts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-folders-missing/2348fc95-78d8-444c-8747-e2c8317bea65
  9. Folder with Apps shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder with Apps shortcuts: Hello maybe this is a stupid question, but is there a way to add like a folder of sorts to the taskbar of windows 10 that has app shortcuts (like in a Mac has). Thanks Windows 10 2004 19041.264 158070
  10. Recovery Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Folder: My Recovery Drive - Other folder is extremely full 17.2 G, how do I fix that? Thanks for any suggestions, it is very much appreciated! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-folder/3caf2f26-206f-4783-b34a-ebb031e69fbe