Windows 10: Shortcut folders missing

Discus and support Shortcut folders missing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My shortcut folders are missing in explorer.How do I enable the shortcuts.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Teddie Brual, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Shortcut folders missing

My shortcut folders are missing in explorer.How do I enable the shortcuts.

:)

Teddie Brual, Aug 13, 2022
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Shortcut folders missing :)

terrace, Aug 13, 2022
  3. Folder Template with shortcut to folder inside folder.

I showed you the principle of a method that will do what you wish. To apply it to any folder structure you need to understand how it works.

• In my shortcut I defined the "Start in" folder as %CD%. This means that the shortcut must use the
      current folder as its base. In my example this was C:\Templates\Template1\TestA.
    • For the shortcut I used this command line:

explorer.exe ..\TestB\Target

What exactly does this do? Here is the explanation:

1. "..\" tells Explorer to step on up in the directory tree:

C:\Templates\Template1\TestA -> C:\Templates\Template1

2. "TestB" tells Explorer to steop one down in the directory tree:

C:\Templates\Template1 -> C:\Templates\Template1\TestB

3. "Target" tells Explorer to open the file or folder "Target".
    Applying this knowledge, you could create a shortcut that makes Explorer step up two folders:

Explorer.exe ..\..\Template2\TestB\Target

C:\Templates\Template1\TestA

-> C:\Templates\Template1

-> C:\Templates

-> C:\Templates\Template2

-> C:\Templates\Template1\TestB

-> Open "Target"

Armed with this knowledge you can now fix your shortcut yourself.

Frederik Long, Aug 13, 2022
  4. Shortcut folders missing

Is there any way to get the original icons to display again after the shortcuts are moved into a folder?

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Please be informed, the view of files, folders, shortcuts etc. will be set to small icons by default, due to which you will not be able to see the shortcut's icon.

I suggest you to follow these steps:

• Click on View
      menu in the menu bar.

• Select either of these options
      medium, large or extra-large icons and you will be able to see the icon of the shortcut.

In future, if you have any issues related to Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

Shortcut folders missing

1. Shortcut folders missing - Similar Threads - Shortcut folders missing

2. Shortcut folders missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut folders missing: My shortcut folders are missing in explorer.How do I enable the shortcuts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-folders-missing/2348fc95-78d8-444c-8747-e2c8317bea65
  3. Can't select a folder in Missing Shortcut dialog popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't select a folder in Missing Shortcut dialog popup: Whenever a shortcut is broken, windows asks you what to do with that shortcut:That's fine and all, and it's easy for me to click browse and find the subfolder I needed and select it, but that just opens the folder to continue browsing, it doesn't actually "select" the folder....
  4. Shortcuts missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcuts missing: Hi,Yesterday I had a problem with my HD disk that failed and all my other apps that were not on that disk started giving me the .lnk missing or inacessable error.I tried deleting .lnk from both USER and ROOT from Regedit, didn't work. So I installed Win10 again, and now most...
  5. Shortcuts missing

Shortcuts missing: Hi,Yesterday I had a problem with my HD disk that failed and all my other apps that were not on that disk started giving me the .lnk missing or inacessable error.I tried deleting .lnk from both USER and ROOT from Regedit, didn't work. So I installed Win10 again, and now most...
  6. Shortcuts missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Missing Shortcut

Missing Shortcut: I can't find a file that i did not delete and when i click on the shortcut i normally used, it says "the item 'modern warfare launcher' has been changed or removed so this shortcut is no longer valid" please help...
  8. Shortcuts are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shortcuts are missing: Game shortcuts that I put on my desktop keep disappearing. For example yesterday I had Counter Strike shortcut but today it is missing… You see the programs are still there but shortcuts keep disappearing...
  9. Missing shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing shortcuts: The shortcuts are missing on my desktop. How can I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-shortcuts/d1f87515-6186-4322-a836-89c528564d27
  10. Missing Shortcut and Start Menu folder after install

Missing Shortcut and Start Menu folder after install: An end - user came to me with an error when clicking a shortcut on his desktop "File or Path Not Found." I looked at the folder at where the location was in the start menu and it was installed to this path C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming but there was no .exe in that folder. I...