Windows 10: Shortcut Folders not Working in OneDrive

Discus and support Shortcut Folders not Working in OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Inside of OneDrive I have created folders inside of folders, organizing all of my documents I work with on a daily basis. In some folders I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Neal.S, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Neal.S Win User

Shortcut Folders not Working in OneDrive

Inside of OneDrive I have created folders inside of folders, organizing all of my documents I work with on a daily basis. In some folders I need to shortcut to other folders within these folders. I hope I am not confusing here, But this worked very well for me on windows explorer on my desktop. Now working within OneDrive. If I do exactly as stated. The shortcuts work on my desktop, but when I go to my laptop and try to access the folders using the shortcut. The folder is not found. I can find the folder in OneDrive on my laptop if I go through the address path to get there, But the shortcut does not work.

Any idea's on how I can get these shortcuts to work? The same thing is reversed if I create the shortcut on my laptop and try using the shortcut on my desktop. I have a hunch it has something to do with the shortcut "path." Any help would be much appreciated!

:)

Neal.S, Sep 19, 2019

2. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Shortcut Folders not Working in OneDrive - Similar Threads - Shortcut Folders Working

2. FOLDER shortcut not working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FOLDER shortcut not working correctly: When I create a shortcut on the desktop of a folder not a file when I click to access the folder, it does not go to the folder but to the Windows Explorer that shows the files and icons on the desktop, the funny thing is that This does not happen with two external hard...
  3. Shortcut to folder breaks using OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut to folder breaks using OneDrive: Hello,I use OneDrive to sync my files in my home Win 10 and work computers Win 11. Both computers have My Documents on the C drive, and synced with OneDrive. I keep copies stored locally in both computers, just in case. I often use shortcuts to folders and paste them in My...
  4. Shortcut to folder breaks using OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut to folder breaks using OneDrive: Hello,I use OneDrive to sync my files in my home Win 10 and work computers Win 11. Both computers have My Documents on the C drive, and synced with OneDrive. I keep copies stored locally in both computers, just in case. I often use shortcuts to folders and paste them in My...
  5. Shortcut to folder breaks using OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. shortcut to folder that works in powershell

shortcut to folder that works in powershell: Hi,I would like to have a shortcut or equivalent to a directory that functions in powershell.Most of the folders I usually access in powershell are on another drive. This means that to access them I need to type "cd D:/something/something-else/projects" for example.Is there a...
  7. shortcut to folder that works in powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shortcut to folder that works in powershell: Hi,I would like to have a shortcut or equivalent to a directory that functions in powershell.Most of the folders I usually access in powershell are on another drive. This means that to access them I need to type "cd D:/something/something-else/projects" for example.Is there a...
  8. shortcut to folder that works in powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Shortcut keys only work when Desktop folder is child of OneDrive folder

Shortcut keys only work when Desktop folder is child of OneDrive folder: I'm running insider preview build 19635.mn_release.200522-1435 I have a shortcut of Windows Terminal on my desktop. This shortcut was made by: Open run Win + R and run shell:AppsFolder. Right click on Windows Terminal and choose Create shortcut. My shortcut key is set...
  10. Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC, tablet, or phone. This tutorial...