Windows 10: Shortcut for hiding/showing the taskbar

Discus and support Shortcut for hiding/showing the taskbar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; All of a sudden, but actually after a Powertoys update to version v0.56.2 on my Windows 10 Pro notebook, the shortcut CTRL+ALT+P shows/hides the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by lord_thistle, Mar 8, 2022.

1. Shortcut for hiding/showing the taskbar

All of a sudden, but actually after a Powertoys update to version v0.56.2 on my Windows 10 Pro notebook, the shortcut CTRL+ALT+P shows/hides the taskbar.I have never set that shortcut for the action. I have read the list of windows shortcuts here:https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/windows/scelte-rapide-da-tastiera-in-windows-dcc61a57-8ff0-cffe-9796-cb9706c75eecand cannot find any reference to the ctrl+alt+p shortcut.How can DELETE this shortcut for that action?

:)

lord_thistle, Mar 8, 2022

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Mar 8, 2022
  3. How to show/hide taskbar

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try the simple steps and check if that helps.

• Right click on the task bar and click on properties.

• To hide the task bar you can check on the box Auto-hide taskbar.

Or

• To reduce the taskbar size you can check on the box Use small taskbar button.

• Now click on Apply and Ok.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 8, 2022
  4. Shortcut for hiding/showing the taskbar

Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 8, 2022
Thema:

Shortcut for hiding/showing the taskbar

1. Shortcut for hiding/showing the taskbar - Similar Threads - Shortcut hiding showing

2. shortcut "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shortcut "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode": Hello friendsDoes anyone know a program or a trick which I can create a keyboard shortcut to activate and deactivate "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the taskbar setting in Windows 10?I don't want that keyboard shortcut to only open the setting...
  3. shortcut "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shortcut "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode": Hello friendsDoes anyone know a program or a trick which I can create a keyboard shortcut to activate and deactivate "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" option in the taskbar setting in Windows 10?I don't want that keyboard shortcut to only open the setting...
  4. shortcut "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Shortcut for hiding/showing the taskbar

Shortcut for hiding/showing the taskbar: All of a sudden, but actually after a Powertoys update to version v0.56.2 on my Windows 10 Pro notebook, the shortcut CTRL+ALT+P shows/hides the taskbar.I have never set that shortcut for the action. I have read the list of windows shortcuts...
  6. Shortcut for hiding/showing the taskbar

Shortcut for hiding/showing the taskbar: All of a sudden, but actually after a Powertoys update to version v0.56.2 on my Windows 10 Pro notebook, the shortcut CTRL+ALT+P shows/hides the taskbar.I have never set that shortcut for the action. I have read the list of windows shortcuts...
  7. Taskbar on Automatically hide the taskbar mode not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar on Automatically hide the taskbar mode not showing up: The taskbar on Automatically hide the taskbar mode never shows up when I move my cursor to the bottom of the screen since the previous windows 11 update I got the latest update: 2022-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5010386 today and the taskbar is...
  8. Taskbar on Automatically hide the taskbar mode not showing up

Taskbar on Automatically hide the taskbar mode not showing up: The taskbar on Automatically hide the taskbar mode never shows up when I move my cursor to the bottom of the screen since the previous windows 11 update I got the latest update: 2022-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5010386 today and the taskbar is...
  9. Hide shortcuts

Hide shortcuts: How hide not unpin pined apps from taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-shortcuts/a23e31d1-991b-4760-9398-df0fddc6b902
  10. Enlarge Show/Hide Area of Taskbar

Enlarge Show/Hide Area of Taskbar: I recently had an unusual question from an older user. With older eyes and a less steady hand on the mouse, it is hard for her to click the Show/Hide area. She wanted to know, is there a way to make the Show/Hide area of the taskbar larger? --Tom...