Windows 10: Shortcut for shifting Window to 80% of screen and opening QuickNotes next to it with...

Discus and support Shortcut for shifting Window to 80% of screen and opening QuickNotes next to it with... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear community, often I want to have one program open and be able to take notes, e.g. with Sticky Notes next to the window. Would it be possible to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by exceluser_123, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Shortcut for shifting Window to 80% of screen and opening QuickNotes next to it with...

Dear community,

often I want to have one program open and be able to take notes, e.g. with Sticky Notes

next to the window. Would it be possible to arrange that the current window takes e.g. 80% of the screen and that a new instance of Sticky Notes is opened on the right side of the bigger window?

Thank you in advance for your answer!

:)

exceluser_123, Mar 27, 2020

2. Shortcut for shifting Window to 80% of screen and opening QuickNotes next to it (with Autohotkey?)

Dear community,

often I want to have one program open and be able to take notes, e.g. with Sticky Notes

next to the window. Would it be possible to arrange that the current window takes e.g. 80% of the screen and that a new instance of Sticky Notes is opened on the right side of the bigger window?

Thank you in advance for your answer!

exceluser_123, May 25, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    How to delete shortcut Ctrl + Shift?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please help us with the details requested below:

• Have you assigned the “Ctrl + Shift” shortcut for any application?

Ideally, the shortcut Ctrl + Shift is used to switch the keyboard layout when multiple keyboard layouts are available. If you have assigned the shortcut for a keyboard layout, you may try changing it by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Devices and select
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Scroll down and select Advanced keyboard settings.
    4. Click on Input language hot keys.
    5. Select the layout for which you have assigned the shortcut and click on
      Change Key Sequence.
    6. Under Switch Keyboard Layout, select
      Not assigned.
    7. Click on OK (Twice).

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 25, 2020
  4. terrace Win User

Shortcut for shifting Window to 80% of screen and opening QuickNotes next to it with...

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Shortcut for shifting Window to 80% of screen and opening QuickNotes next to it with... :)

terrace, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Shortcut for shifting Window to 80% of screen and opening QuickNotes next to it with...

1. Shortcut for shifting Window to 80% of screen and opening QuickNotes next to it with... - Similar Threads - Shortcut shifting Window

2. Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working: I have been having issues with my Ctrl+Shift keybinds for months now. I have been researching on every site I can find about this issue. I've tried changing Sticky Keys, I've tried changing Filter Keys, I've tried checking my keyboard settings, I've tried changing settings in...
  3. Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl+Shift Shortcuts Not Working: I have been having issues with my Ctrl+Shift keybinds for months now. I have been researching on every site I can find about this issue. I've tried changing Sticky Keys, I've tried changing Filter Keys, I've tried checking my keyboard settings, I've tried changing settings in...
  4. Why is it when in file explorer I press shift + F10 on a file it opens a on-screen shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it when in file explorer I press shift + F10 on a file it opens a on-screen shortcut?: Hello,I don't know why this happend, it only happend today and I don't know if I clicked a key on my keyboard to make it happen. I've tried searching on google and youtube to find the solutions but I can't find any. If anyone can tell me the fix in the replies that will be...
  5. Why is it when in file explorer I press shift + F10 on a file it opens a on-screen shortcut?

Why is it when in file explorer I press shift + F10 on a file it opens a on-screen shortcut?: Hello,I don't know why this happend, it only happend today and I don't know if I clicked a key on my keyboard to make it happen. I've tried searching on google and youtube to find the solutions but I can't find any. If anyone can tell me the fix in the replies that will be...
  6. UNABLE TO OPEN SCREEN SNIP FROM QUICK ACTIONS AND BY USING SHORTCUT WIN + SHIFT + S

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNABLE TO OPEN SCREEN SNIP FROM QUICK ACTIONS AND BY USING SHORTCUT WIN + SHIFT + S: Hey Community,Recently I got into a trouble. When I tried to open screen snip to take a snipped screenshot then I got this kind of response "You'll need a new app to open this ms-screenclip link". I tried using many solutions for this on internet but nothing helped. The...
  7. UNABLE TO OPEN SCREEN SNIP FROM QUICK ACTIONS AND BY USING SHORTCUT WIN + SHIFT + S

UNABLE TO OPEN SCREEN SNIP FROM QUICK ACTIONS AND BY USING SHORTCUT WIN + SHIFT + S: Hey Community,Recently I got into a trouble. When I tried to open screen snip to take a snipped screenshot then I got this kind of response "You'll need a new app to open this ms-screenclip link". I tried using many solutions for this on internet but nothing helped. The...
  8. UNABLE TO OPEN SCREEN SNIP FROM QUICK ACTIONS AND BY USING SHORTCUT WIN + SHIFT + S

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Shift key for shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shift key for shortcuts: Hi I wonder if anyone else has had this problem. And how to fix it? Windows key + D would usually take me back to my desktop - now I have to press SHIFT with this combo for the shortcut Similarly I would normally press Alt + D to highlight the address bar on Chrome - now im...
  10. Removing windows Control-shift shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing windows Control-shift shortcut: Hello, I use Mathematica A LOT, and almost all the shortcuts involve a Ctrl + Shift combination. However, the windows shortcut to switch your keyboard layout is Ctrl + Shift, and I use multiple layouts but do not often switch between them (and cannot remove them for some...