Windows 10: Shortcut for Stickies on Windows 10

Discus and support Shortcut for Stickies on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a Way to set a shortcut for the stickies app on windows 10? I've tried using WinHotKey but couldn't find a way to use it with the Stickies... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mario Ricardo Sanches, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Shortcut for Stickies on Windows 10

Is there a Way to set a shortcut for the stickies app on windows 10?

I've tried using WinHotKey but couldn't find a way to use it with the Stickies App. It would be great to have a shortcut like Win+N to launch this app

:)

Mario Ricardo Sanches, Oct 16, 2018
  2. AndreePin Win User

Sticky Notes Shortcut Question

Hi,

To create a sticky note shortcut on your Windows 10, what I can suggest is to kindly follow the instructions below:

• In the Start menu, type Sticky Notes in the Search box/Cortana.
    • Select and right click the app.
    • Click Open file location.
    • Right click and select Properties.
    • In the shortcut key: tab, press the keyboard key that you want to create a shortcut with.
    • Click Apply to save the changes.
    Kindly note that you have to be the Administrator to make the changes.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Oct 16, 2018
  3. sticky notes

Was this the WIndows 10 Upgrade from WIndows 7, 8 or 8.1?

Check now for a C:\Windows.old folder that is created during an Upgrade. If that folder is found, you can

Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows 10
    and then follow the steps here:

• To backup sticky notes in Windows 10/8.1/8/7:
    STEP 1. Type %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes in the windows.old folder Search box.

STEP 2. Copy StickyNotes.snt to a safe location.

• To restore sticky notes:
    STEP 1. Type %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes in start menu search box or run and press Enter.

STEP 2. Copy the StickyNotes.snt file from your backup folder and paste it in the folder that opens. Agree to overwrite the old file, or delete it first before copying. If it balks then install and use the

Take Ownership Shortcut
    on the folder so you can replace the .snt file.

If you don't have Windows.old folder, do you have a backup image of your old install which we can help you mount to browse into the old files?

If not then your notes may be lost. In the future use Notepad or Wordpad which can more easily save Files to your Documents, or back up the Sticky Notes file regularly following the above.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Frick Win User

Shortcut for Stickies on Windows 10

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Shortcut for Stickies on Windows 10

1. Shortcut for Stickies on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Shortcut Stickies

2. Trying to create Win+R shortcut for sticky notes in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to create Win+R shortcut for sticky notes in windows 10.: Unlike windows 8.1 or the older version of windows 10, the new windows 10 does not support run command "stickynotes" or "stikynots" to open sticky notes in windows. Apparently it's because they changed it to MS store app. Anyway I tried creating shortcut of my own and...
  3. Change sticky keys toggle shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change sticky keys toggle shortcut: In the sticky keys options panel it says ''Use shortcut (5x SHIFT) to toggle sticky keys'', but is this shortcut changeable? 5x Shift just isn't a great shortcut for me as I would probably turn it off and on without wanting to. Note that I don't want to ''turn off sticky...
  4. Restore Sticky Notes Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Sticky Notes Shortcut: Hi Shawn: I noticed that I have 2 shortcuts for Sticky Notes in my Start Menu. See image. The top one will open my last note & I can access my other notes, settings, etc. from there. However, the bottom one, which has a flyout, doesn't work. If I click any of the options, I...
  5. Sticky Notes Formatting Shortcuts Gone & Sticky Notes Doesn't Always Auto-Launch after...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sticky Notes Formatting Shortcuts Gone & Sticky Notes Doesn't Always Auto-Launch after...: Greetings, There used to be handy shortcut buttons for applying basic formatting to Sticky Notes (bold, underline, etc). I first noticed these buttons were missing from the bottom of the Sticky Notes window about the time I updated to Windows 10 version 1903. I'm aware...
  6. MS Sticky Notes' shortcut, and system tray icon installation?

MS Sticky Notes' shortcut, and system tray icon installation?: Downloaded the Sticky Notes App from the MS store, installed it, and it's not the traditional .exe app, but something new. Found instructions to create a shortcut through Windows Explorer, but because of this it slows the activation. Also, I would prefer it to be in the...
  7. MS Sticky Notes' shortcut, and system tray icon installation?

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Sticky Notes' shortcut, and system tray icon installation?: Downloaded the Sticky Notes App from the MS store, installed it, and it's not the traditional .exe app, but something new. Found instructions to create a shortcut through Windows Explorer, but because of this it slows the activation. Also, I would prefer it to be in the...
  8. List of Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    List of Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts on Windows 10: [ATTACH] The latest version of the note-taking app in Windows 10 – Sticky Notes v 3.0 includes new text formatting tools. It also has a hub for all the notes you create and save. This is to keep all your notes in [...] This post List of Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts on...
  9. Windows button becoming sticky - shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows button becoming sticky - shortcut: Hello guys. I am writing to you because I am highly annoyed by this stupid windows 10 feature, which whenever I press a certain combination of keys on my keyboard it turns my windows button to sticky and I can not type or do anything at all. My only option is signing out...
  10. creating WINDOWS 10 shortcut key for the STICKY NOTES app not working

creating WINDOWS 10 shortcut key for the STICKY NOTES app not working: When I try to create a shortcut key in the PROPERTIES box using "CTRL+ALT+S" for WIn 10's STICKY NOTES, it works when I put it on the desktop. However, as soon as I move it to my own folder (with my other shortcuts) the shortcut key no longer works. How come? 65422