Windows 10: Shortcut Has been moved or changed

Discus and support Shortcut Has been moved or changed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I download Stream Labs OBS and try to run it, it always says This shortcut has been moved or changed an will not run properly. I haven't moved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IcedOutWaveZ, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Shortcut Has been moved or changed

Whenever I download Stream Labs OBS and try to run it, it always says This shortcut has been moved or changed an will not run properly. I haven't moved or changed it at all.

:)

IcedOutWaveZ, Jan 23, 2021

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 23, 2021
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Shortcut Has been moved or changed :)

terrace, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Shortcut Has been moved or changed

Shortcut changed or moved.

I installed Riverpoint Writer, an add-in program that runs with Word, on my PC with Windows 10. When I open the desktop shortcut I get this message:

"The item 'Riverpoint.dot' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved so this shortcut will no longer work properly."

I have deleted the shortcut, uninstalled the program and started over several times. I also downloaded registry cleaning software and scanned my computer. I still can't get a shortcut for this program to open. What is causing the problem and how can
    it be corrected?

LisaJohnson10, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Shortcut Has been moved or changed

1. Shortcut Has been moved or changed - Similar Threads - Shortcut Has been

2. the item "AfterFX.exe" that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the item "AfterFX.exe" that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved.: My programs are all shortcuts, everytime i open it, it says the item has been changed or moved. I dont know what to do. I was working on my Ae project and i decided to call it a night and close the laptop, this morning i wanted to work on it only to find this error. Can...
  3. the item "AfterFX.exe" that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the item "AfterFX.exe" that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved.: My programs are all shortcuts, everytime i open it, it says the item has been changed or moved. I dont know what to do. I was working on my Ae project and i decided to call it a night and close the laptop, this morning i wanted to work on it only to find this error. Can...
  4. how to turn off prompt: "shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn off prompt: "shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut...: Sometimes a file may need to be replaced and when a user desktop contains a shortcut pointing to that file, and if the user then attempts to use that shortcut, he may see the prompt: "The item" filename.ext "that is shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this...
  5. how to turn off prompt: "shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn off prompt: "shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut...: Sometimes a file may need to be replaced and when a user desktop contains a shortcut pointing to that file, and if the user then attempts to use that shortcut, he may see the prompt: "The item" filename.ext "that is shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this...
  6. how to turn off prompt: "shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut...

7. The item that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    The item that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If out of the blues when you try to open a program, it throws the error message The item that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, then this post is intended to help you with solutions you can try to quickly resolve the issue. This problem can occur with...
  8. The item that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The item that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no...: i recently installed winrar and whenever i try to open it, it comes up with that message. im not sure how to fix it and i have tried deleting and reinstalling winrar but it makes no difference and still comes up with the same issue, does anyone know how to fix it so i can...
  9. "Problem with shortcut"- this shortcut has been changed or moved so this shorcut will no...

"Problem with shortcut"- this shortcut has been changed or moved so this shorcut will no...: Any help would be greatly appreciated. Been playing a game for the past couple weeks and today i received an error message when i tried to open the desktop shortcut. "The item, that has this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer...
  10. The item that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The item that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no...: I was working on a word document. I saved and went to reopen when I received this error message. Is there any way to retrieve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-item-that-this-shortcut-refers-to-has-been/91ca19b1-21a3-47ea-a9d8-2099c4bee19f"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Shortcut refers to has been changed to move solve