Windows 10: Shortcut hotkeys do not work while on desktop.

Discus and support Shortcut hotkeys do not work while on desktop. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i have set a hot key to open minecraft when i press ctrl alt up however it does not work on the desktop. the hotkey only works when i have another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Joel9593, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Shortcut hotkeys do not work while on desktop.

i have set a hot key to open minecraft when i press ctrl alt up however it does not work on the desktop. the hotkey only works when i have another program open.

submitted by /u/Joel9593
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Joel9593, Apr 28, 2020
  2. NogtTL Win User

Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here.

Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to

• loop though text suggestions
    • insert the text suggestion

NogtTL, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Shortcut hotkeys do not work while on desktop.

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Shortcut hotkeys do not work while on desktop.

1. Shortcut hotkeys do not work while on desktop. - Similar Threads - Shortcut hotkeys while

2. Shortcut/HotKey for Application Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut/HotKey for Application Not Working: I recently learned that I can assign a specific hotkey to open up an application such as "ctrl + alt + s" to open Spotify. However, when I attempt to use the hotkey I have assigned for Microsoft Edge, it will not work. I have to go in, reassign the hotkey, and then, until I...
  3. KEYBOARD SHORTCUT or Hotkey to a folder or drive not working

in Windows 10 Support
    KEYBOARD SHORTCUT or Hotkey to a folder or drive not working: Windows 10 offers it but I do not know the magic trick to make it actually work : [img] Right here windows is giving me hope that this is possible. but so far I have not been able to make it give me a shortcut to a folder. I need it to open it up in a manner that its...
  4. Windows hotkey peek at desktop not working

Windows hotkey peek at desktop not working: As of last week I have found that one of my windows hotkey shortcuts not functioning. Peek at desktop, with the use of windows + , to activate not functioning anymore. All the other keys are working such as windows + m to minimize etc.. Thanks...
  5. Shortcut hotkeys for aplication shortcut not working?! Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut hotkeys for aplication shortcut not working?! Help: I want to use a hotkey combo for my application shortcut. I put it to ctrl+alt+v and saved it, but then when I use the combo nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated. :) submitted by /u/SolidIcecube [link] [comments]...
  6. Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion: I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here. Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to loop though text suggestions insert the text suggestion...
  7. Keyboard Shortcuts/Hotkeys aren't working!

Keyboard Shortcuts/Hotkeys aren't working!: Hi, I recently just got a refurbished laptop from an auction. The keyboard shortcuts (ex: ctrl + c) don't work, anything I've read online is not working. It's a windows 10, but some of the settings and layout is a bit different. I don't know much, as I just got it today. Can...
  8. Shortcuts' hotkeys do take a lot of time between pressing the hotkey and running the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shortcuts' hotkeys do take a lot of time between pressing the hotkey and running the...: Hey all I have a problem that has driven me crazy. When I create a shortcut for a specific file, be it an executable file or any files of sort, there's too much delay between pressing the associated hotkey and opening the file. Note when I press those shortcuts' icons files...
  9. Hotkeys or desktop keyboard (not TypePad) shortcut for SLEEP

in Windows 10 Support
    Hotkeys or desktop keyboard (not TypePad) shortcut for SLEEP: Win 10. Using Sleep button on my HP desktop keyboard works fine. WIN 10 On my Surface (SP3), using Logitech K740 illuminated keyboard with Docking station. No obvious sleep button on the keyboard. If possible: How can I create a Sleep hot button, or what is best...
  10. Windows snapping keyboard shortcut hotkeys not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows snapping keyboard shortcut hotkeys not working: Hi, So suddenly today while rearranging windows, snapping stopped working. I'm unable to snap windows using the Win + Left/Right/Up/Down. Moving the windows with the mouse still works, but not with the keyboard hotkeys. As you can imagine this is incredibly inconvenient...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard shortcuts dont work on laptop windows 10