Windows 10: Shortcut hotkeys for aplication shortcut not working?! Help

Discus and support Shortcut hotkeys for aplication shortcut not working?! Help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to use a hotkey combo for my application shortcut. I put it to ctrl+alt+v and saved it, but then when I use the combo nothing happens. Any help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SolidIcecube, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Shortcut hotkeys for aplication shortcut not working?! Help

I want to use a hotkey combo for my application shortcut. I put it to ctrl+alt+v and saved it, but then when I use the combo nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated. Shortcut hotkeys for aplication shortcut not working?! Help :)

submitted by /u/SolidIcecube
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SolidIcecube, Feb 14, 2020
  2. NogtTL Win User

Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here.

Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to

• loop though text suggestions
    • insert the text suggestion

NogtTL, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Shortcut problems

looots of questions: no, they worked normally and then it screwed up after a BSOD.

Shortcuts THEMSELVES work, its merely that say... right clicking, choosing new -> shortcut doesnt. thats how i make them, so its driving me nuts that it doesnt work.

I'm not really interested in other methods, i can do those - its just the new->shortcut menu problem.

i dont mean websites, i mean shortcuts to anything - i MAKE the shortcuts via this method, so its P*ssing me off that i have to do it alternative ways.

Mussels, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Shortcut hotkeys for aplication shortcut not working?! Help

Shortcut problems

ok ok... yes, i finally cave in and ask for help, rather than offering it *Stick Out Tongue Shortcut hotkeys for aplication shortcut not working?! Help :p

this ones probably simple for someone in the know, but i dont know where to look.
    Simple problem - the context menu (right clicking somewhere, such as on my desktop) wont let me create shortcuts. i click it, and nothing happens at all.

All other items there work, just no shortcut wizard appears to let me enter the address/name for it.

All pre-made shortcut files work just fine, so its merely a registry setting to do with creating them.

Can anyone help out?
    (OS is vista x64 if it helps)

Mussels, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Shortcut hotkeys for aplication shortcut not working?! Help

1. Shortcut hotkeys for aplication shortcut not working?! Help - Similar Threads - Shortcut hotkeys aplication

2. How to change system theme shortcut hotkey?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change system theme shortcut hotkey?: How to create a shortcut to change theme on windows 11, I have seen some online to change light to dark mode but it does not change the taskbar so on but changing the theme does....
  3. How to change system theme shortcut hotkey?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change system theme shortcut hotkey?: How to create a shortcut to change theme on windows 11, I have seen some online to change light to dark mode but it does not change the taskbar so on but changing the theme does....
  4. Shortcut/HotKey for Application Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut/HotKey for Application Not Working: I recently learned that I can assign a specific hotkey to open up an application such as "ctrl + alt + s" to open Spotify. However, when I attempt to use the hotkey I have assigned for Microsoft Edge, it will not work. I have to go in, reassign the hotkey, and then, until I...
  5. KEYBOARD SHORTCUT or Hotkey to a folder or drive not working

in Windows 10 Support
    KEYBOARD SHORTCUT or Hotkey to a folder or drive not working: Windows 10 offers it but I do not know the magic trick to make it actually work : [img] Right here windows is giving me hope that this is possible. but so far I have not been able to make it give me a shortcut to a folder. I need it to open it up in a manner that its...
  6. Shortcut hotkeys do not work while on desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut hotkeys do not work while on desktop.: i have set a hot key to open minecraft when i press ctrl alt up however it does not work on the desktop. the hotkey only works when i have another program open. submitted by /u/Joel9593 [link] [comments]...
  7. Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion: I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here. Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to loop though text suggestions insert the text suggestion...
  8. Keyboard Shortcuts/Hotkeys aren't working!

Keyboard Shortcuts/Hotkeys aren't working!: Hi, I recently just got a refurbished laptop from an auction. The keyboard shortcuts (ex: ctrl + c) don't work, anything I've read online is not working. It's a windows 10, but some of the settings and layout is a bit different. I don't know much, as I just got it today. Can...
  9. Hotkeys or desktop keyboard (not TypePad) shortcut for SLEEP

in Windows 10 Support
    Hotkeys or desktop keyboard (not TypePad) shortcut for SLEEP: Win 10. Using Sleep button on my HP desktop keyboard works fine. WIN 10 On my Surface (SP3), using Logitech K740 illuminated keyboard with Docking station. No obvious sleep button on the keyboard. If possible: How can I create a Sleep hot button, or what is best...
  10. Windows snapping keyboard shortcut hotkeys not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows snapping keyboard shortcut hotkeys not working: Hi, So suddenly today while rearranging windows, snapping stopped working. I'm unable to snap windows using the Win + Left/Right/Up/Down. Moving the windows with the mouse still works, but not with the keyboard hotkeys. As you can imagine this is incredibly inconvenient...