Windows 10: Shortcut hotkeys no longer work correctly and attempting to fix them is presenting a bug.

Discus and support Shortcut hotkeys no longer work correctly and attempting to fix them is presenting a bug. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, yeah so I have various programs and settings on shortcut hotkey, for example for Google Chrome I have assigned Ctrl+Shift+C within the respective... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PUR MANA CATMAN, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Shortcut hotkeys no longer work correctly and attempting to fix them is presenting a bug.

Hi, yeah so I have various programs and settings on shortcut hotkey, for example for Google Chrome I have assigned Ctrl+Shift+C within the respective shortcut properties to launch google chrome without hassling with the UI, same goes for cycling between power management modes, High Performance is Ctrl+Alt+1 and Balanced is Ctrl+Alt+2, f.lux is Ctrl+Shift+L, Avidemux is Control+Shift+A etc.

A bug has cropped up a few months ago where now the shortcut hotkeys refuse to work, if I navigate to the respective shortcuts in question and attempt to re-enter the hotkey, say in Google Chrome's shortcut, typing Ctrl+Shift+C there results in the entry field going blank and reverting to "None" but then Chrome launches? Same goes for all of the other shortcuts, trying to re-enter the hotkey in the field results in said field switching to none and the hotkey working as intended, but only while I press said hotkey there in that field.

I've also tried deleting and recreating the shortcuts and this also doesn't work.

Nothing seems to work. I've run sfc /scannow and the only integrity violation that returns is the one pertaining to Windows Defender as I'm still on 1809 as Nvidia 3D Vision doesn't work fully with newer versions of Windows 10.

I've tried a cursory search with this problem but haven't come back with much, it seems not a lot of people are using shortcut hotkeys. This issue is extremely annoying, any help greatly appreciated.

:)

PUR MANA CATMAN, Mar 31, 2020
  2. NogtTL Win User

Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here.

Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to

• loop though text suggestions
    • insert the text suggestion

NogtTL, Mar 31, 2020
  3. tcebob Win User
    Shortcut to xlsm file not working correctly

Shortcut hotkeys no longer work correctly and attempting to fix them is presenting a bug. [​IMG]

Shortcut hotkeys no longer work correctly and attempting to fix them is presenting a bug. [​IMG]

Here are my defaults. I'll follow your suggestions and get back later.

tcebob, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Shortcut hotkeys no longer work correctly and attempting to fix them is presenting a bug.

Microsoft designer hotkeys not working after sleep

I have the same problem, and been present until the last three monthly updates. The keyboard has been working well before and after this updates the keyboard stop working when i press the hotkeys and is unresponsive for 15 keystrokes, after this 15 keystrokes
    the keyboard come to work again until you press hotkeys again. Mi keyboard was replaced and the new keyboard have the same issue. I try with another Windows 10 PCs and is the same issue. I try too with the drivers of manufacturer, the drivers directly of Intel
    and with the drivers installed for Windows 10 Device Manager.

When the keyboard was paired with the pc the keyboard works well and the hotkeys works fine, after some time or after a reboot the hotkeys stop working and stay in this state until the keyboard was removed and paired again.

In advance I tried with:
    Another PCs (3)

A variety of drivers

Another Designer Bluetooth Keyboard
    Talking with Microsoft Support

Cesar Armando, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Shortcut hotkeys no longer work correctly and attempting to fix them is presenting a bug.

1. Shortcut hotkeys no longer work correctly and attempting to fix them is presenting a bug. - Similar Threads - Shortcut hotkeys longer

2. Shortcut/HotKey for Application Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut/HotKey for Application Not Working: I recently learned that I can assign a specific hotkey to open up an application such as "ctrl + alt + s" to open Spotify. However, when I attempt to use the hotkey I have assigned for Microsoft Edge, it will not work. I have to go in, reassign the hotkey, and then, until I...
  3. HotKey Bug

HotKey Bug: Version: Windows 10 pro 20H2OS build:19042.985DualMonitor HotKey : Win+P Case: When it is at "Only second monitor" mode ,pressing "Win+P" switch to "extend" mode. Won't work properly. I have to switch on "Only Main monitor" first to fix this problem. Sry for my bad Eng....
  4. Windows hotkeys no longer seem to work

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows hotkeys no longer seem to work: I used to be able to use my keyboard to navigate through files and folders, e.g if im browsing a folder and want to find a file that starts with A, i could press A on my keyboard, and windows would take me straight to the file. That doesn't seem to work anymore? 178959
  5. BUG: Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F shortcut no longer working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BUG: Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F shortcut no longer working: Recently updated to 1909 Build 18363 Now the flatten shortcut (Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F) in Photoshop no longer works. Pretty sure this is a windows bug submitted by /u/wozmatic [link] [comments]...
  6. Shortcut hotkeys do not work while on desktop.

Shortcut hotkeys do not work while on desktop.: i have set a hot key to open minecraft when i press ctrl alt up however it does not work on the desktop. the hotkey only works when i have another program open. submitted by /u/Joel9593 [link] [comments]...
  7. Shortcut hotkeys no longer work correctly and attempting to fix them is presenting a bug.

Shortcut hotkeys no longer work correctly and attempting to fix them is presenting a bug.: Hi, yeah so I have various programs and settings on shortcut hotkey, for example for Google Chrome I have assigned Ctrl+Shift+C within the respective shortcut properties to launch google chrome without hassling with the UI, same goes for cycling between power management...
  8. Shortcut hotkeys for aplication shortcut not working?! Help

Shortcut hotkeys for aplication shortcut not working?! Help: I want to use a hotkey combo for my application shortcut. I put it to ctrl+alt+v and saved it, but then when I use the combo nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated. :) submitted by /u/SolidIcecube [link] [comments]...
  9. Keyboard Shortcuts/Hotkeys aren't working!

Keyboard Shortcuts/Hotkeys aren't working!: Hi, I recently just got a refurbished laptop from an auction. The keyboard shortcuts (ex: ctrl + c) don't work, anything I've read online is not working. It's a windows 10, but some of the settings and layout is a bit different. I don't know much, as I just got it today. Can...
  10. language hotkey settings: no longer present in Win10?

in Windows 10 Support
    language hotkey settings: no longer present in Win10?: Hi, I upgraded from Win8 to Win10 last year. In Win8 and all previous versions I have used, it was possible to go into the language/regional settings of the control panel and set a special hotkey combination that would change the keyboard layout to the language of your...