Windows 10: shortcut icon

Discus and support shortcut icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I created a new shortcut icon on my desk top for NOAA weather. The icon works fine, however I want to change the logo that you click on from google to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SteveLeccese, Feb 28, 2019.

1. shortcut icon

I created a new shortcut icon on my desk top for NOAA weather. The icon works fine, however I want to change the logo that you click on from google to NOAA. I have searched many different how to sites but am unable to do so. Do you have a suggestion?

Thank you

:)

SteveLeccese, Feb 28, 2019

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I know I am quite late but as I was scrolling through I saw this post which happened to one of friend too. This sometimes happens with Windows. Usually a reboot will solve the problem. However if this doesn't, try setting the icon for the shortcut(right-click pinned icon, right-click program, left-click properties, select "change icon...") or refreshing it by switching to a different icon, applying it, and then reverting back to the original icon. Remove the shortcut from the taskbar and replace it with the start menu shortcut or simply drag the .exe file to the taskbar.

lorraine walsh, Feb 28, 2019
  4. shortcut icon

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

shortcut icon

1. shortcut icon - Similar Threads - shortcut icon

2. Windows shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows shortcut icons: I run a registry edit file I got online to remove arrows from all shortcut files but it added another thing looking like a file to the shortcut files instead. How do i remove the item on the shortcut or revert to the default arrow settings...
  3. Windows shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows shortcut icons: I run a registry edit file I got online to remove arrows from all shortcut files but it added another thing looking like a file to the shortcut files instead. How do i remove the item on the shortcut or revert to the default arrow settings...
  4. Windows shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Replace browser icon on shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace browser icon on shortcut: How do I copy an image of a website's logo and paste it on the shortcut I created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-browser-icon-on-shortcut/cb10aa22-094f-4520-9a09-ac023590e6a9
  6. Replace browser icon on shortcut

Replace browser icon on shortcut: How do I copy an image of a website's logo and paste it on the shortcut I created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-browser-icon-on-shortcut/cb10aa22-094f-4520-9a09-ac023590e6a9
  7. Replace browser icon on shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. In Windows 11 when creating a shortcut, why is there no longer an Icon/Symbol on the corner...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11 when creating a shortcut, why is there no longer an Icon/Symbol on the corner...: In Windows 11, when creating a shortcut, why is there no longer an Icon or Symbol indicating status on the corner of the folder icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-11-when-creating-a-shortcut-why-is/0315bd7b-96a1-468c-be2f-85225ff4045b
  9. In Windows 11 when creating a shortcut, why is there no longer an Icon/Symbol on the corner...

In Windows 11 when creating a shortcut, why is there no longer an Icon/Symbol on the corner...: In Windows 11, when creating a shortcut, why is there no longer an Icon or Symbol indicating status on the corner of the folder icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-11-when-creating-a-shortcut-why-is/0315bd7b-96a1-468c-be2f-85225ff4045b
  10. mouse loading icon, keyboard shortcuts dont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse loading icon, keyboard shortcuts dont work: HI, latest windows 11 update. now mouse has loading icon next to it - fixed through control panel, then search:mouse, i chose icon basic icon for mouse loading icon. But i have bit of twist. Before update i used shortcuts through keyboard as: W button + D or X or all of the...