Windows 10: Shortcut Icons Have Turned Black!

Discus and support Shortcut Icons Have Turned Black! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All my shortcut icons have turned black! Can't seem to do anything about it. Help! 126768 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by orealius, Feb 7, 2019.

1. orealius Win User

Shortcut Icons Have Turned Black!

All my shortcut icons have turned black! Can't seem to do anything about it. Help!

:)

orealius, Feb 7, 2019
  2. Flava0ne Win User

Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I created an icon a while back to suggest it for replacement with a black PCB.

Flava0ne, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Shortcut Icons Have Turned Black!

Desktop Shortcut Icons Are Black

Thanks, but same results. That gets the icons back, but when I shut down and turn the laptop back on the black icons are back.

Shortcut Icons Have Turned Black! [​IMG]

idahosurge, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Shortcut Icons Have Turned Black!

1. Shortcut Icons Have Turned Black! - Similar Threads - Shortcut Icons Turned

2. Icons for shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons for shortcuts: Are there icons that can be used for shortcuts on the desktop in addition to the ones that come up when you change the icon under properties in Windows 10? Thanks, BillR_42...
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Shortcut Icons: Hello, Recently I noticed some small icons added over my desktop shortcuts. The icons were always clean, I even managed to remove the arrows once. Now there is over them sort of couple of human figures, as on attached screenshot. How to remove it so the icons will be clean...
  4. Desktop Shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Shortcut Icons: Hello, Recently I noticed some small icons added over my desktop shortcuts. The icons were always clean, I even managed to remove the arrows once. Now there is over them sort of couple of human figures, as on attached screenshot. How to remove it so the icons will be clean...
  5. Shortcuts Icons Turn White When Moved

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts Icons Turn White When Moved: Hi. For some shortcuts that I have placed on the desktop when I move them to a different folder they shortcut icon turns white. This does not happen for every application where I will move the shortcut but for some. Example: GPU-Z icon on desktop looks fine. Moved to "Game"...
  6. screen turned black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen turned black: composing email screen turned black win 10 hotmail outlook---anyone know why & if I should do anything about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/screen-turned-black/f3795471-fd6a-4f6a-81d1-468ce905e7c8
  7. Desktop Shortcut Icons Are Black

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Shortcut Icons Are Black: All of my desktop shortcut icons have turned black. I first deleted my Explorer thumbnail cache and then my icon cache. I did not get the icons back to normal until after I deleted the icon cache. But after I shut down and restarted the black icons were back. I went...
  8. Some Folder Icons have a Black Background

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Folder Icons have a Black Background: I think since the latest Windows 10 update some of my icons have a black background to them, sometimes they don't *update*. [img] What could be causing this? I've tried deleting the thumbnail cache using CCleaner and Disk Cleaner but that didn't seem to help. Any...
  9. Trouble with shortcut icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble with shortcut icons: My shortcut icons (which I created on the websites) are empty. When I go into their "properties" the target is a google app. When I try to change the target to the appropriate web address I get an error message that target is invalid. Is something interfering with me? 91788
  10. Invisible Icon on desktop turns black

in Windows 10 Support
    Invisible Icon on desktop turns black: I wanted to display a brief text message on the desktop, so (cleverly) created a shortcut, then changed the title to my string and found an invisible icon in Imageres.ico. Worked great until I restarted explorer. The invisible icon became black and would not change until I...