Windows 10: Shortcut icons missing

Discus and support Shortcut icons missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I installed programs on my new laptop, but the shortcut icons in the programs folder disappeared. Any way to make them display again? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tngjstn, Jan 1, 2020.

1. tngjstn Win User

Shortcut icons missing

Hello, I installed programs on my new laptop, but the shortcut icons in the programs folder disappeared. Any way to make them display again?

Shortcut icons missing c4b9817a-1a7b-4fd0-b52f-c67815904b56?upload=true.png

:)

tngjstn, Jan 1, 2020

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 1, 2020
  3. entropy13 Win User
    Some icons missing in W7

Why are some of my icons missing? Not just the shortcuts of those pinned in the start menu, the programs themselves lost their icons. Yet other times they re-appear.

Spoiler
    Shortcut icons missing B2Ncj.jpg

entropy13, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Shortcut icons missing

Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I know I am quite late but as I was scrolling through I saw this post which happened to one of friend too. This sometimes happens with Windows. Usually a reboot will solve the problem. However if this doesn't, try setting the icon for the shortcut(right-click pinned icon, right-click program, left-click properties, select "change icon...") or refreshing it by switching to a different icon, applying it, and then reverting back to the original icon. Remove the shortcut from the taskbar and replace it with the start menu shortcut or simply drag the .exe file to the taskbar.

lorraine walsh, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Shortcut icons missing

1. Shortcut icons missing - Similar Threads - Shortcut icons missing

2. Shortcuts missing icon picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcuts missing icon picture: Hi there, I have a problem. Some of my application shortcuts have missing icon pictures Avast, Firefox, Blender, some videogames, etc, it's just shows blank paper icon instead. I tried to change the icon by selecting the icon picture file on the "Properties" but somehow the...
  3. Shortcuts missing icon picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcuts missing icon picture: Hi there, I have a problem. Some of my application shortcuts have missing icon pictures Avast, Firefox, Blender, some videogames, etc, it's just shows blank paper icon instead. I tried to change the icon by selecting the icon picture file on the "Properties" but somehow the...
  4. Cloned (D:) is missing desktop icons, shortcuts

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloned (D:) is missing desktop icons, shortcuts: I have 2 disks on laptop (Windows 10 Home, Single user): Disk 0 Windows (C:) eMMC 32Gb Disk 1 Storage (D:) Sandisk SSD 120Gb - Windows (C:) is having OS - Storage (D:) All of the User Libraries (Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures etc) and desktop are stored here. I have...
  5. Program Icon Missing from Taskbar Shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Program Icon Missing from Taskbar Shortcut: Windows Build 19042.928 I drag-n-dropped a Desktop Shortcut (that has the program icon showing) to my taskbar and clicked "Pin to taskbar." It got pinned, but lost its icon. Now, it's on the taskbar as a nondescript plain sheet of paper. I tried right-clicking it, expecting...
  6. Missing icon in added app shortcut in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing icon in added app shortcut in Start Menu: Hi I have added a new apps shortcut in Start menu via shell:AppsFolder->Desktop Shortcut->Start menu shortcut, but I have 2 issues: 1 - shortcut in menu does not show the app icon 2- app does not appear in search result 2.1 - i have deleted an rebuild the search index...
  7. Missing Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Shortcut: I can't find a file that i did not delete and when i click on the shortcut i normally used, it says "the item 'modern warfare launcher' has been changed or removed so this shortcut is no longer valid" please help...
  8. Shortcut icons missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut icons missing: I am using several Adobe CS6 and Creative Cloud programs. When I open files which are in the OneDrive folder they remain under the "sync pending" status, even if they are actually synced in File Explorer. This causes a problem for me as when I run Adobe Illustrator (for...
  9. Desktop icons and files are missing, unable to create shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons and files are missing, unable to create shortcut: Hi everyone. I am having a problem after virus infecting (actually it happened few months ago). After removing the virus, my desktop icons and files on desktop are not shown, while they are still in Desktop folder. Also, I can't create new shortcut. So how can I fix it? Thank...
  10. Missing shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing shortcuts: The shortcuts are missing on my desktop. How can I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-shortcuts/d1f87515-6186-4322-a836-89c528564d27

Users found this page by searching for:

1. teamview icon doesnt show on app in taskbar