Windows 10: Shortcut Key FN+F5 Not working

Discus and support Shortcut Key FN+F5 Not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Shortcut Key FN+F5 Not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-key-fnf5-not-working/ca917718-6d6a-404b-b643-a4398d3f0842 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RITESH KUMARPATHAK, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Shortcut Key FN+F5 Not working

Shortcut Key FN+F5 Not working

:)

RITESH KUMARPATHAK, Apr 28, 2020

2. F5 key behaving as FN + F5

All of my laptop—a Samsung Expert running Windows 10—f[number] keys are behaving now as if I press Fn+f[number] shortcut.

For example, Fn+f5 normally disables touchpad. Then, when I press f5 key to refresh a page, my touchpad is disabled.

This started happening with a few days ago. How to revert this behavior to the normal (f1 working as f1, f2 working as f2 etc…)?

Alexandre Thebaldi, Apr 28, 2020
  3. New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

Ummm, that is normal - depending on the function you are doing (assuming I understand what you are saying).

On a notebook, the Fn key is like a shift key that switches in a different set of functions for the F-Keys.

For example, in Windows pressing the F5 key typically refreshes the display. In File Explorer, it will refresh the displayed files. In a browser, it will refresh (reload) the webpage. But pressing Fn + F5 does something different, depending on your notebook. On my Toshiba notebook, if I hold down the Fn key and press F5, it switches the video output of my notebook between the notebook monitor, a connected external monitor, or both.

Bill_Bright, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Shortcut Key FN+F5 Not working

Fn+F5 combination suddenly stopped working.

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook A555 with Windows 10 latest version installed in it. The combination Fn+F5 used to turn on/off Airplane mode on my laptop.

Today, suddenly it stopped working. I tried checking for driver updates but found none. Also, no Windows updates were found. Other combinations such as Fn+F6 or individually F5 key is working but not Fn+F5.

Please help me figure this out as it is causing inconvenience for me.

Thanks,

Jyotirmay Kumar Jha, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Shortcut Key FN+F5 Not working

1. Shortcut Key FN+F5 Not working - Similar Threads - Shortcut Key FN+F5

2. Fn+W shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn+W shortcut not working: I have a Razer BlackWidow V3Tenkeyless, and I want to switch WASD and arrow keys for gaming,but when I press Fn on my keyboard,it lights up the F1,F2,F3,FF,F6,F7,F9,F10,F11,F12 and Pause keys, and i cannot use other Fn shortcuts, and Razers software says that the Fn key...
  3. Fn+W shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fn+W shortcut not working: I have a Razer BlackWidow V3Tenkeyless, and I want to switch WASD and arrow keys for gaming,but when I press Fn on my keyboard,it lights up the F1,F2,F3,FF,F6,F7,F9,F10,F11,F12 and Pause keys, and i cannot use other Fn shortcuts, and Razers software says that the Fn key...
  4. Fn+W shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Fn + F5 Refresh not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fn + F5 Refresh not working: Fn + f5 refresh is not working instead i have to Win + f5 for refreshing. please help!!!! Also i have to click Fn + f11 / f12 for increseing/decreasing brightness. previously i used to Fn + f5 for refresh i never needed to win + any function keys....
  6. Fn+F5 combination suddenly stopped working.

Fn+F5 combination suddenly stopped working.: I have a Fujitsu Lifebook A555 with Windows 10 latest version installed in it. The combination Fn+F5 used to turn on/off Airplane mode on my laptop. Today, suddenly it stopped working. I tried checking for driver updates but found none. Also, no Windows updates were found....
  7. Fn key not working

Fn key not working: Hi, My Fn key randomly stops working, sometimes it doesn't work on start-up. I have a dell g5 5590. Tried fixes: - Reinstalling HID keyboard drivers. - trying Windows mobility center, the option is absent. - Activating, reactivating through bios. - reinstalling...
  8. F5 key suddenly not working

F5 key suddenly not working: So.. I got a curios problem. My F5 key doesn't work any more. Or does it? I have a Logitech G910 Keyboard. When hitting the key alone. Nothing happens. Neither LGS (Logitech Gaming Software - aka the driver software) nor Windows or any other program seem to notice. But...
  9. Fn keys not working

Fn keys not working: I recently installed the Win 10 Oct 18 update. I went to project my screen and my fn keys won't work anymore. How can I get the old keyboard drivers back so I have my fn keys...
  10. Fn keys not working

Fn keys not working: Im using sony vaio pc I had upgraded it from win7 to win10 and now my fn keys are not working except those volume functions none of them are working. I NEED HELP VERY BADLY...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fn f5