Windows 10: Shortcut Key for Language Input?

Discus and support Shortcut Key for Language Input? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, So an older feature that you could use in the Control Panel through the clock/region/language settings was to set shortcuts for the language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shemsu, May 25, 2019.

1. Shemsu Win User

Shortcut Key for Language Input?

Hello,

So an older feature that you could use in the Control Panel through the clock/region/language settings was to set shortcuts for the language input on you computer's keyboard. This allowed me to shift through multiple languages by using combinations like Ctrl+Left_Alt+(number) to switch. So I would set it like 0 for English, 1 for Spanish, 3 for Japanese, and 5 for Greek. This was a really useful feature for multiple languages since it allowed you to change through a long list of inputs without going through the entire list via either clicking a language on the taskbar, or using the less useful shortcut to cycle through each language.

From other posts, it's to my understanding that Microsoft is gradually shifting the features of Control Panel to the general settings, allowing the features to not be fragmented on different interfaces. I'm very happy to hear about these changes, but it seems that this shortcut function has yet to be re-implemented.

I guess my first question is whether the feature still exists and has just been moved to a location I haven't found yet. If it has been deleted, I was wondering if there are any plans to replace it, or if there is any way I could produce my own shortcuts through either an alternative Windows service, or through a third-party application.

Lastly, a minor complaint I had with the original setting is that it always reset with every new Windows update. So after an update, I had to remap all of my language shortcuts. Note, this is on my personal laptop, so I don't think this is an issue with some administrative setting deleting any template (though I may be wrong). If it is (or will be) in the settings, I was hoping that my shortcuts would be saved through each update.

Thank you!

:)

Shemsu, May 25, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, May 25, 2019
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Shortcuts for Keyboard Input Languages -- Erased by Windows 10 upon Hibernation or Sleep, and during Automatic Updates

Hi Jeremy,

This issue with shortcut keys for input language can be caused by software conflicts.

For us to better assist you, and to avoid performing the same troubleshooting steps, please answer the following questions:

• What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried to resolve the issue?
    • On which version of Windows 10 is your device running?
    • Have you installed any software or made any hardware changes on your computer prior to the issue?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Arjay Dom, May 25, 2019
  4. Shortcut Key for Language Input?

English US keeps appearing as an input language occasionally.

Hi Mosher,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

From the issue description, it looks like you have English Input downloaded and installed in the system. I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove the English input language and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type control and press enter to open the control panel.

3. Type language in the control panel search box and open it.

4. If English is listed, double click on it and click "remove" under "input method".

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 25, 2019
Thema:

Shortcut Key for Language Input?

1. Shortcut Key for Language Input? - Similar Threads - Shortcut Key Language

2. Input Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input Language: I use to change the input language using Ctrl+Shift, I had 3 languages to switch: English United States with Latin American keyboard, English Europe with US keyboard and Japanese with Microsoft IME, I don't use the US Keyboard, so I decided to remove that one. When I did it,...
  3. Input Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input Language: I use to change the input language using Ctrl+Shift, I had 3 languages to switch: English United States with Latin American keyboard, English Europe with US keyboard and Japanese with Microsoft IME, I don't use the US Keyboard, so I decided to remove that one. When I did it,...
  4. Command Prompt Shortcut: Language Input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt Shortcut: Language Input: Shortcut Creation: I am trying to create a shortcut that will help me in optimizing my switching between language inputs. I have downloaded the necessary language packs and know the shortcuts for opening a virtual keyboard Windows Key + ctrl + o along with the shortcut for...
  5. Command Prompt Shortcut: Language Input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt Shortcut: Language Input: Shortcut Creation: I am trying to create a shortcut that will help me in optimizing my switching between language inputs. I have downloaded the necessary language packs and know the shortcuts for opening a virtual keyboard Windows Key + ctrl + o along with the shortcut for...
  6. Input language hot keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Input language hot keys: Hello,Recently I purchased a new computer Lenovo yoga i7, Windows 10.I've set three input languages, and I assign a hotkey alt+shift to change between them. The three languages are English, Hebrew, and Coptic a keyboard supported by the program Keyman. Every time I turn off...
  7. Keyboard shortcut to change language input not working

Keyboard shortcut to change language input not working: I constantly change between Korean and English keyboard. So these are the ways to quickly change INPUT language of keyboard: 1. click the letter icon beside language bar in taskbar 2. press left Alt + Shift or windows logo + space I want the second one because it's...
  8. keyboard shortcuts input language

keyboard shortcuts input language: I set keyboard shortcuts input language in order to quickly change from one language to another in my keyboard. I set ctlr+uppercase+1 and ctlr+uppercase+2 for the two languages I use. The problem is that after a while, I do not know why exactly, these settings are gone!...
  9. Input Language

in Windows 10 Support
    Input Language: Hello Gys Since couple of builds ago i miss the advance settings in language options so as for now im on build 1809. My Windows 10 is Greek but i want the primary input method to be English.so if i do that also my tiles and icons change from greek to english.If i make my...
  10. Create Text Services and Input Languages shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Text Services and Input Languages shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Text Services and Input Languages shortcut in Windows [img] Information You can use Text Services and Input Languages to change the language bar, and advanced key settings for your account in Windows. This tutorial will show you how to create or download...