Windows 10: Shortcut key for switching between hiragana and katakana mode in japanese IME?

Discus and support Shortcut key for switching between hiragana and katakana mode in japanese IME? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have just read the answer to this question:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ashley Phillips, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Shortcut key for switching between hiragana and katakana mode in japanese IME?

Ashley Phillips, Mar 22, 2020

2. Can't type hiragana on Japanese IME keyboard after updating to Windows 10

Microsoft support suggests that you can use the hotkeys
    to switch between input modes quickly:
    • Press + to change the input language
    • Press + to change to Hiragana
    • Press + to change to Katakana
    • Press + to toggle between alphanumeric and kana modes
    As a side note: if you were really intent on making Hiragana your default input, you could write an
    AutoHotkey script to do this for you. However, this involves understanding that scripting language.

source:
    http://superuser.com/questions/180188/microsoft-ime-japanese-force-hiragana-input-by-default?rq=1

Andre Da Costa, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Japanese IME shortcuts have been changed?

Hi,

It seems that since a few days ago, the Japanese IME keyboards shortucts have been changed? Before to switch from my "normal" input method (French) to the Japanese one, I had to press ALT + SHIFT, but I realised yesterday that now it's WINDOWS + SPACE...
    And all of the shortcuts I was using: ALT+² in order to switch from hiragana, to katakana, to romaji for instance, don't work anymore. What happened? Also, is there a list of all the new shortcuts I could use?

Thank you,

Flavien

FlavienPuel, Mar 22, 2020
  4. capstanda Win User

Shortcut key for switching between hiragana and katakana mode in japanese IME?

Switching between English, Hiragana and Katakana inputs in Windows10.

I have been studying Japanese online, making notes and flash cards on my laptop. In Windows 7, the toggle between English, Hiragana and Katakana was complicated enough, often wondered why you have to know which input you are currently in to predict the results
    of one of the multiple key strokes used. Shouldn't there be a way to reach English with one combo, Hiragana with another and Katakana with third regardless of which input mode you are currently in?

Now I upgraded to Windows 10, the system is similar, but now youget 日本, kanji symbol for Japan, in the task bar, but no way of telling before you start typing, whether you get Hiragana, Katakana or the Romaji input for Japanese text. Sure, sometimes,
    yes, sometimes, a little cloud appears at the cursor, showing a letter in one of those inputs. Even worse, the computer sometimes switches from my Google Japanese to Microsoft Japanese, I guess result of my fumble finger typing.

Just curious, there must be a reason, why windows and google chose such a complicated system?

capstanda, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Shortcut key for switching between hiragana and katakana mode in japanese IME?

1. Shortcut key for switching between hiragana and katakana mode in japanese IME? - Similar Threads - Shortcut key switching

2. Japanese IME unable to switch between Hiragana and Katakana with Ctrl+Caps/Alt+Caps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese IME unable to switch between Hiragana and Katakana with Ctrl+Caps/Alt+Caps: Hello, i cant switch between Hiragana and Katakana with hotkeys, but with right click on task bar and Select manually it works somehow, its just annyoing to switch like this so i need a fix!...
  3. Japanese IME unable to switch between Hiragana and Katakana with Ctrl+Caps/Alt+Caps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese IME unable to switch between Hiragana and Katakana with Ctrl+Caps/Alt+Caps: Hello, i cant switch between Hiragana and Katakana with hotkeys, but with right click on task bar and Select manually it works somehow, its just annyoing to switch like this so i need a fix!...
  4. Set Japanese IME to hiragana by default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Japanese IME to hiragana by default: Is there any way to make hiragana input the default in Japanese IME? I know that there are keyboard shortcuts but that is not the answer. This issue has been described in more detail at:...
  5. [Japaneses Language] Disable auto switching to Katakana after using the Japaneses IME Pad

[Japaneses Language] Disable auto switching to Katakana after using the Japaneses IME Pad: Hi, everyone.I am using Windows 10 LTSC Evaluation. I just find that the Language Type will auto switch to Katakana after I use the IME Pad. When I first install the Evaluation, the language will not auto switch to Katakana, it kept in Half-width Alphanumeric.I have installed...
  6. Japanese IME does not work; unable to switch to Hiragana

Japanese IME does not work; unable to switch to Hiragana: I just installed the Japanese language package but I cannot switch from "Direct input" to "Hiragata" or other option. I've re-installed the package, tried some advised solutions in the previous threads about same problem, but no luck....
  7. Using a Keybind to switch from Hiragana to Katakana.

Using a Keybind to switch from Hiragana to Katakana.: I've been using the Japanese Ime for around two years with no issues, Last night there was an update my computer installed and now I can no longer switch from hiragana input to katakana input by hitting Alt+Capslock, What changed, how can I revert this?...
  8. Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME

Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME: Hi, I saw so many tutorials on many pages, but I still have a problem. After changing language to japanese in every tutorial they had this A letter beside language, where they could change typing to hiragana, but I don't have this option. I was trying to find something in...
  9. Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't type in hiragana in japanese IME: Hi, I saw so many tutorials on many pages, but I still have a problem. After changing language to japanese in every tutorial they had this A letter beside language, where they could change typing to hiragana, but I don't have this option. I was trying to find something in...
  10. Japanese IME can't switch to Hiragana anymore

Japanese IME can't switch to Hiragana anymore: I don't know since when, but I can't change my input method to hiragana anymore. The "A" in the taskbar doesn't show up anymore, it's just the language that shows up (when using different languages)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shortcut change from hiragana to katakana

2. japanese ime hiragana

3. Cant switch to Hiragana on Japanese Microsoft IME

4. ime shortcuts change hiragana to katakana,
  5. change keyboard shortcut to switch to hiragana for microsoft ime,
  6. kana input method cant be chosen