Windows 10: Shortcut key to change desktop background

Discus and support Shortcut key to change desktop background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There are a few threads about changing the desktop background. All of these claim there is no shortcut key. All the threads are locked, or I would add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StephenClamage, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Shortcut key to change desktop background

There are a few threads about changing the desktop background. All of these claim there is no shortcut key. All the threads are locked, or I would add this query to an existing thread.

Despite the claims to the contrary, I have many times accidentally changed the desktop background when clicking on an image file jpg, for example. I don't know which keys I unintentionally hit. I would like to disable this feature, since accidentally changing the background is annoying.

On a related note, I'd like to know where the background image is stored. That is, if I select an image to use for background, presumably Windows tucks away a copy of the file. Where is that copy?

:)

StephenClamage, Jan 2, 2020

2. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 2, 2020
  3. change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Shortcut key to change desktop background

changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Shortcut key to change desktop background

1. Shortcut key to change desktop background - Similar Threads - Shortcut key change

2. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop background will not change.: I cannot change my desktop background to anything but black I cannot add any pictures or desktop backgrounds I have checked settings themes and everything I could think of but I cannot find the problem please help*Moved from feedback....
  3. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background will not change.: I cannot change my desktop background to anything but black I cannot add any pictures or desktop backgrounds I have checked settings themes and everything I could think of but I cannot find the problem please help*Moved from feedback....
  4. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blue Background on App Desktop Shortcuts

Blue Background on App Desktop Shortcuts: The only way I have been able to figure out how to create app shortcuts so far with Windows 11 is to open the start menu, select "All Apps" in the top right, and drag the app to my desktop, except every time I do this there is a blue background behind the app I created a...
  6. Shortcuts to change desktops

Shortcuts to change desktops: Ctrl + Win + arrow keys right and left used to switch desktops. Now they are behaving like Ctrl + Alt + arrow keys used to behave. Is this another Microsoft "improvement"? I believe this new behavior arrived with the latest update....
  7. Shortcut keys for changing desktop no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut keys for changing desktop no longer working: Hi,I use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + Windows key + arrow left or right to move to another desktop on Windows 11 with all available updates installed.Since yesterday it stopped working; I can only change desktop by using the mouse. Tried a different keyboard wired: still not...
  8. Shortcut keys for changing desktop no longer working

Shortcut keys for changing desktop no longer working: Hi,I use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + Windows key + arrow left or right to move to another desktop on Windows 11 with all available updates installed.Since yesterday it stopped working; I can only change desktop by using the mouse. Tried a different keyboard wired: still not...
  9. Change Desktop Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Desktop Background: I want to change the Desktop Background, I want to put a picture of my granddaughter that I have on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-desktop-background/26184aba-aed7-4f05-ac92-8ace3ba1f30c
  10. Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut: I have a shortcut on the desktop. If you double click on it, it runs the target program just fine. Under 'properties' I have tried assigning various shortcut keys like Ctrl+Alt+N and none of them work. I have also deleted and recreated the desktop shortcut with no luck....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Changing Back Ground Colour Desktop Computer Shortucut

2. background change shortcut desktop