Windows 10: Shortcut key to raise/lower taskbar

Discus and support Shortcut key to raise/lower taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there is a key press that toggles the appearance of the taskbar without minimizing all open windows? WinKey behavior would be perfect if it were not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hymanwallace, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Shortcut key to raise/lower taskbar

Is there is a key press that toggles the appearance of the taskbar without minimizing all open windows? WinKey behavior would be perfect if it were not for the 'Show Desktop' side-effect.
    It is important too that the taskbar not respond to the mouse -- that it appears only when requested by the key. The autohide feature is nice but for my usage it is far too responsive to the mouse hover.
    Thanks

:)

hymanwallace, Jan 9, 2018

2. volume controls on keyboard not working

volume control keys on keyboard do not work to raise, lower or mute the sound.

Frank and BettyCuppernell, Jan 9, 2018
  3. keyboard issue (w10-Sp2)

hi,

i recently noticed that i can't switch keyboard types.

- my shortcut key in the lower right corner of visual kb is inactive...

- i've tried everything i could in the parameters without success.

- i also ended up adding a shortcut to full keyboard in the taskbar...

- when login in, the full keyboard is greyed out, but not the separated keyboard.

-i can't switch languages either, the shortcut icon has disappeared as well, i've checked the option it's activated.

can anyone help please ?

JulienBriand, Jan 9, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Shortcut key to raise/lower taskbar

Hi, you could explore creating a very small Autohotkey script (free).

This is ideal for defining hotkeys, as well as much more.

Results if you search thus:
    autohotkey hide show taskbar

Old example - may still be valid:
    https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/1...eshow-taskbar/

dalchina, Jan 9, 2018
Thema:

Shortcut key to raise/lower taskbar

1. Shortcut key to raise/lower taskbar - Similar Threads - Shortcut key raise

2. key shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    key shortcut: I'm wondering why pressing w+a+s at the same time cause me to use the q key, is this normal? I do not remember having this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-shortcut/c024b24d-831c-411d-b06c-4acdee2fc534
  3. Lower the taskbar height (Win10)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lower the taskbar height (Win10): I want to lower the taskbar height (default is 1 and I want something like 0.6) but not the icons. I want to use the taskbar on the left side, but when I do the wide of it is more than what's necessary. it looks very bad. is there any way to tweak the value from Registry...
  4. Lower the taskbar height (Win10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Lower the taskbar height (Win10): I want to lower the taskbar height (default is 1 and I want something like 0.6) but not the icons. I want to use the taskbar on the left side, but when I do the wide of it is more than what's necessary. it looks very bad. is there any way to tweak the value from Registry...
  5. Taskbar shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar shortcuts: Hey so I'm trying to pin the download folder to the taskbar, and everytime I do, it pins inside the list of the File explorer, I know I could separately pin them individually side by side in the taskbar but now I can't for some reason, any help is appreciated submitted by...
  6. Original Taskbar Manager Shortcut keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Original Taskbar Manager Shortcut keys not working: For some time, my Left Ctrl+Shift+Esc key shortcut has worked fine for me until one day it stopped working and I have to use the Right Ctrl+Shift+Esc and then that opens up my Task Manager. How can I change it back to Left Ctrl+Shift+Esc back to its default shortcut keys that...
  7. date in taskbar lower left corner?

date in taskbar lower left corner?: How can I add the date in taskbar in the lower left corner? I want the date to show, but for now I only see the time... Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-in-taskbar-lower-left-corner/a01922f8-cdad-411a-a34e-d331a6dbaa7d
  8. There is a jingle that plays and lowers every sound playong when I lower or raise the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    There is a jingle that plays and lowers every sound playong when I lower or raise the...: A jingle plays and lowers the sound of everything playing at the moment I'm clicking to lower the volume. I can't stand it, and can't find an answer for it. It is not in system sound settings plus I don't know the name of the jingle. IT CAME OUT OF NOWHERE. Any help is...
  9. shortcut key

shortcut key: how to set a shortcut key for calcaulator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-key/9d93c3c2-4cba-4a4e-83df-42495a130122
  10. lower taskbar icon

lower taskbar icon: I purchased an item from a site, but cannot get their icon to leave my lower taskbar. How do I delete it on a Surface? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lower-taskbar-icon/9a4d4ce6-23a5-44a9-b117-25805a1ed19a