Windows 10: Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace

Discus and support Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! A friend of mine is currently having trouble with shortcut keys appearing on the Microsoft Word ribbon. It doesn't affect anything else but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LemonCitrus, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace

Hello! A friend of mine is currently having trouble with shortcut keys appearing on the Microsoft Word ribbon. It doesn't affect anything else but it is somewhat annoying because it happens every single time she presses backspace. I've tried disabling some things in the settings but so far no luck. Anyone knows how this happened and how to disable it?

:)

LemonCitrus, Apr 17, 2024

2. [Win 8, 10, 11] File Explorer F10 Ribbon Activation Shortcut - Help

Dear Microsoft Community,
    I would like to know where I can read about Windows Features such as the File Explorer F10 Ribbon Activation shortcut, and all of its associated features. I have been searching for several days, and I have even resorted to asking AI chatbots, but I can't find an explanation for my question.

When I open File Explorer, and I press F10 I see a small square with either a numeric or alpha tool-tip (?). It is dependent on the file-type currently selected while in File Explorer. I've run windows 8,10, and 11 - they all contain the same tool-tips (?) I am describing here.

V appears as a more in-depth File Explorer Ribbon where one can sort by tile, list, and etc. when the V-key is pressed on the keyboard, and appears when shortcuts are selected, hyper-links to web URL's, and for .rar and .zip archives, documents (.pdf, .docx, and etc. etc.)
    JM appears only when Audio File Formats are selected such as .mp3, .mp4, .ogg, and etc. etc. and then the F10 shortcut key is pressed activating the File Explorer Ribbon.

JP appears when Image File Formats are selected such as .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .gif, .wbp, .webp, and etc. etc. and then the F10 shortcut key is pressed activating the File Explorer Ribbon.
    JV appears when Video Formats are selected such as .mp4,. webm, .avi, .mov, and etc. etc. and then the F10 shortcut key is pressed activating the File Explorer Ribbon.

JD appears when Disc Image File Formats are selected such as .ISO and then the F10 shortcut key is pressed activating the File Explorer Ribbon.

Are there tool-tips (?) part of the Windows Operating System's Ease of Access utility such as Speaking to control the Mouse Pointer and Keyboard, and if not, then why are multiple letters used as shortcuts, because as you are aware there exists no keys on any keyboard that have JM, JP, JV, or JD keys, or are these something else entirely?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to read more about these features and why they exist. If you will point me in the direction necessary, I will figure it myself.

Thank you!
    Sincerely,
    Aveline

Aveline_Dotsenko, Apr 17, 2024
  3. Microsoft Hardware Debuts Windows 8 Keyboard With Split Backspace-Spacebar Key

Building on its previously announced lineup of Windows 8 hardware peripherals, Microsoft Corp. today introduced the Sculpt Comfort Keyboard, an ergonomic keyboard featuring an enlarged split spacebar with optional backspace functionality that enhances typing efficiency and speed. From its thoughtful design and ergonomic shape to the Windows 8-specific keys, the Sculpt Comfort Keyboard is the perfect Windows 8 desktop companion for productivity and comfort.

Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace microsoft_sculpt_comfort_keyboard_01_thm.jpg

Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace microsoft_sculpt_comfort_keyboard_02_thm.jpg

Research and Design

With the Sculpt Comfort Keyboard, Microsoft is introducing its first keyboard to feature a split backspace-spacebar key. This design choice is the result of internal research that showed 90 percent of typists use only their right thumb to press the spacebar, leaving a lot of unused real estate on the left side of the bar. Research also showed the backspace key is the third most pressed key on the keyboard - behind the spacebar itself and the letter "e" - but constantly striking backspace breaks a person's typing stride because of its location on the top right-hand corner of the keyboard. In response to these findings, Microsoft made two adjustments to help increase typing efficiency and speed:

● Increased the width of the spacebar to make the bar easier to strike.
    ● Split the spacebar to make use of the neglected left-hand side as an extra backspace key.

Ergonomics

The Sculpt Comfort Keyboard's advanced ergonomics are the result of many unique design features. In addition to increasing typing efficiency, the keyboard's split spacebar also improves ergonomics by virtually eliminating the awkward "pinky reach" to the standard backspace key, keeping wrists in a comfortable position. The keyboard also sports Microsoft's own Contour Curve design, which features a six-degree bend in the keyboard layout with a dome-shaped arc to help promote a comfortable, neutral wrist position while keeping keys within easy reach. Its removable palm rest can be used for added comfort or easily detached with the press of a button for a sleek, compact look.

Designed by Microsoft, Optimized for Windows

The Sculpt Comfort Keyboard also includes several keys that give customers quick access to the most commonly used Windows 8 features, including Search, Share, Device and Settings hot keys and an updated Windows key. With its wireless USB connectivity, the Sculpt Comfort Keyboard also reduces the unnecessary clutter of wires.

"With Microsoft's new lineup of Windows 8 peripherals, we designed every piece of hardware to provide the best Windows experience possible on any device," said Brett Kelleran, general manager of Microsoft Hardware. "The Sculpt Comfort Keyboard brings the best of Microsoft to the desktop - advanced ergonomics, improved productivity, great design and features optimized for Windows."

The Sculpt Comfort Keyboard will be available soon at the online Microsoft Store and other participating retailers. Estimated retail price is US$59.95.

More information about this and other Microsoft Hardware products can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/hardware.

Cristian_25H, Apr 17, 2024
  4. Frank.4 Win User

Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace

Backspace Key

Anytime I press the backspace it the cursor moves back once and goes back to the start. This only happens (that i know of)

on discord and microsoft word online or Microsoft Office Home.

Frank.4, Apr 17, 2024
Thema:

Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace

1. Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace - Similar Threads - Shortcut keys appearing

2. Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace: Hello! A friend of mine is currently having trouble with shortcut keys appearing on the Microsoft Word ribbon. It doesn't affect anything else but it is somewhat annoying because it happens every single time she presses backspace. I've tried disabling some things in the...
  3. Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace: Hello! A friend of mine is currently having trouble with shortcut keys appearing on the Microsoft Word ribbon. It doesn't affect anything else but it is somewhat annoying because it happens every single time she presses backspace. I've tried disabling some things in the...
  4. Strange characters when renaming and pressing "Ctrl + Backspace"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange characters when renaming and pressing "Ctrl + Backspace": The thing is that when I'm renaming, It just inserts a very nonsense character. Instead of erasing the entire word.Can you help me with this?The red thing marked in the image are renaming with very nonsense characters."Help me, please. every time that I rename, it just...
  5. Strange characters when renaming and pressing "Ctrl + Backspace"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange characters when renaming and pressing "Ctrl + Backspace": The thing is that when I'm renaming, It just inserts a very nonsense character. Instead of erasing the entire word.Can you help me with this?The red thing marked in the image are renaming with very nonsense characters."Help me, please. every time that I rename, it just...
  6. Strange characters when renaming and pressing "Ctrl + Backspace"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Word locks up when pressing backspace, 5, and .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word locks up when pressing backspace, 5, and .: Word locks up whenever using the backspace button to change the number 5 and the . button. Whenever I try to change 2.5 to another digit, like 3. I backspace on the 5 and when I backspace the . it freezes and I lose all work! This happens on multiple computers running...
  8. I have to double press the backspace key

I have to double press the backspace key: Hello, Since yesterday I sometimes can't type properly and already tried reinstalling my keyboard drivers etc. Then I realized, that the built-in on-screen keyboard from Microsoft isn't working as well. Now I know, that when I press the backspace key I have to press it again...
  9. Backspace Key

Backspace Key: Anytime I press the backspace it the cursor moves back once and goes back to the start. This only happens that i know of on discord and microsoft word online or Microsoft Office Home....
  10. Word ribbon flashing

Word ribbon flashing: And the normal.dotm file icon has an exclamation mark, if that means anything. Does not flash when safestarted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-ribbon-flashing/a5ce8cae-a8d8-456a-a9e3-a5e860a50256