Windows 10: Shortcut keys aren't working

Discus and support Shortcut keys aren't working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Display and sound control keys are not working at all however they can be changed through windows settings. How might I empower them I can't discover... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LuisShyti, Sep 27, 2020.

1. LuisShyti Win User

Shortcut keys aren't working

Display and sound control keys are not working at all however they can be changed through windows settings. How might I empower them I can't discover shortcut or settings to empower it.

:)

LuisShyti, Sep 27, 2020
  2. grecinos Win User

Windows 10 shortcut key not working - Please help

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a shortcut key for a program/script that turns off my monitor. I've confirmed that the small program is working by double clicking on it. The problem I'm having is that when I go to create a shortcut key for it. First I create a shortcut to the program, then I set a shortcut key, say "ctrl-shift-s". After applying the changes, clicking Ok, I try to use the shortcut by pressing the ctrl-shift-s key combination. When I do this, nothing happens. I've confirmed that shortcut keys works with other apps like the Command Prompt. Does anyone have any insight to this?

Cheers,

grecinos

grecinos, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Shortcut keys aren't working

shortcut key

Hi Devanshu,

To get a shortcut key for the calculator, go to your desktop and then follow these steps for Windows 10

1. Open the start menu

2. Navigate to calculator in the apps list on the left hand side of the start menu

3. Click and drag the calculator app to your desktop

4. Right-click on calculator and open properties

5. In properties there should be an option to add a shortcut key

ArmadilloHead02, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Shortcut keys aren't working

1. Shortcut keys aren't working - Similar Threads - Shortcut keys aren't

2. few shortcuts aren't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    few shortcuts aren't working: win+vwin+shift+swin+.these aren't working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/few-shortcuts-arent-working/8670f224-004a-45bb-8758-0f8ae00c9870
  3. few shortcuts aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    few shortcuts aren't working: win+vwin+shift+swin+.these aren't working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/few-shortcuts-arent-working/8670f224-004a-45bb-8758-0f8ae00c9870
  4. few shortcuts aren't working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My laptop keys aren't working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop keys aren't working.: A few weeks ago most of my laptop keys stopped working and I've needed to go into tablet mode to type every single time since then.I've tried multiple methods to try and fix my laptop keyboard, such as restarting my device, updating my keyboard's driver, deleting and...
  6. Shortcut keys are not working

Shortcut keys are not working: The feature or shortcut keys on Windows aren't working as they should. They haven't worked in a long time, and I've tried waiting for the next update button to appear, but it still doesn't work....
  7. Volume + brightness keys aren't working

Volume + brightness keys aren't working: Yesterday, I found that my volume and brightness keys no longer work. One of the brightness keys changes my window to full screen and the other pulls up the inspect tab. My mute button takes me to a google chrome help screen, my increase volume button opens a search bar of...
  8. key's aren't working

key's aren't working: on my windows 10 I can't type these key's with shift: s d but I can type them perfectly fine without shift can you please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-arent-working/b14eea3f-f7f8-4655-b4be-338c6617e34a
  9. CTRL keys aren't working

CTRL keys aren't working: Hi, I replaced my old hdd in my laptop with new one recently. Both CTRL keys in my laptop is not wokring since the day I changed hdd. KIndly help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-keys-arent-working/24679ed3-d6bf-40b9-af16-c8e994e5ec83
  10. Keyboard Shortcuts/Hotkeys aren't working!

Keyboard Shortcuts/Hotkeys aren't working!: Hi, I recently just got a refurbished laptop from an auction. The keyboard shortcuts (ex: ctrl + c) don't work, anything I've read online is not working. It's a windows 10, but some of the settings and layout is a bit different. I don't know much, as I just got it today. Can...