Windows 10: Shortcut keys don't work new laptop

Discus and support Shortcut keys don't work new laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I only found this kind of issue in the forum happening to people who already had the shortcuts working. This is my first laptop and I didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Isadora_H., Oct 26, 2020.

1. Shortcut keys don't work new laptop

Hello. I only found this kind of issue in the forum happening to people who already had the shortcuts working. This is my first laptop and I didn't find anything in the settings that could help me fix it. So, I have this brand new Samsung laptop and it has the F keys and under them some symbols. The F function works, I just can't lower the brightness, mute, lower the sound, access the settings, etc with them, which is supposed to be possible. I don't know if this is just a newbie problem and I couldnt find a way to make it work. I'm sorry if it is too simple, I just can't fix it :

:)

Isadora_H., Oct 26, 2020
  2. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Oct 26, 2020
  3. grecinos Win User
    Windows 10 shortcut key not working - Please help

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a shortcut key for a program/script that turns off my monitor. I've confirmed that the small program is working by double clicking on it. The problem I'm having is that when I go to create a shortcut key for it. First I create a shortcut to the program, then I set a shortcut key, say "ctrl-shift-s". After applying the changes, clicking Ok, I try to use the shortcut by pressing the ctrl-shift-s key combination. When I do this, nothing happens. I've confirmed that shortcut keys works with other apps like the Command Prompt. Does anyone have any insight to this?

Cheers,

grecinos

grecinos, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Shortcut keys don't work new laptop

E71 shortcut keys and application shortcuts

I have owned my E71 for three weeks. There is something very wrong with shortcut keys and application shortcuts. I have a SIM free phone. My e-mail shortcut key works for a while when I turn the phone off and on again: one short press = opens e-mail and
    one long press = new e-mail message. But after a while, pressing the button causes nothing to happen.

I have read another thread about this and tried to assign different functions to the button but I end up with everything working for a while, then all the shortcut keys failing. So I reset everything to default.

I know that some people have suggested that having more than one e-mail account might cause this. I have deleted a second e-mail account but this has not helped.

Today I assigned a new application shortcut so that the first button was a new text message. Shortcut has never caused a problem before. Now, pressing this produces a flicker, and then nothing.

There is something wrong here. I would appreciate any suggestions of a resolution. I don;t think the previous answer marked as a 'solution' will cure everyone's problems.

John

mjtlee---01, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Shortcut keys don't work new laptop

1. Shortcut keys don't work new laptop - Similar Threads - Shortcut keys don't

2. New custom shortcut keys are not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New custom shortcut keys are not working.: Custom shortcut keys created by making shortcut of a folder/app and going to properties->shortcut keys are not working. There are no error massage. The system just doesn't respond. Shortcuts made before are working fine but new shortcuts are not. sfc, dism and also safe boot...
  3. New custom shortcut keys are not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New custom shortcut keys are not working.: Custom shortcut keys created by making shortcut of a folder/app and going to properties->shortcut keys are not working. There are no error massage. The system just doesn't respond. Shortcuts made before are working fine but new shortcuts are not. sfc, dism and also safe boot...
  4. Windows shortcut keys stopped working but works for new user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows shortcut keys stopped working but works for new user: Windows key shortcuts suddenly stopped working Windows 10Few weeks ago i plugged an external keyboard tm680 into my laptop and i used the windows key lock function on my external keyboard. After I was finished using it i turned the windows key back on and ever since then some...
  5. Windows shortcut keys stopped working but works for new user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows shortcut keys stopped working but works for new user: Windows key shortcuts suddenly stopped working Windows 10Few weeks ago i plugged an external keyboard tm680 into my laptop and i used the windows key lock function on my external keyboard. After I was finished using it i turned the windows key back on and ever since then some...
  6. Windows shortcut keys stopped working but works for new user

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Keyboard shortcuts don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard shortcuts don't work: Hello, i have windows 10 with HP Omen, and one day shortcuts like win+shift+C for screenshot or win+R stopped working. They always worked bad, from time to time, but now they dont work at all. i tried to reinstall keyboard drivers but it doesn't help. please help me...
  8. Shortcut keys are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut keys are not working: The feature or shortcut keys on Windows aren't working as they should. They haven't worked in a long time, and I've tried waiting for the next update button to appear, but it still doesn't work....
  9. Shortcuts don't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shortcuts don't work: Hi, for some reason my shortcuts don't connect but I haven't changed anything. How can I fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcuts-dont-work/67e2dd11-ef76-46fa-96e6-42e746c515d4
  10. Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut: I have a shortcut on the desktop. If you double click on it, it runs the target program just fine. Under 'properties' I have tried assigning various shortcut keys like Ctrl+Alt+N and none of them work. I have also deleted and recreated the desktop shortcut with no luck....