Windows 10: Shortcut Keys For Desktop Apps

Discus and support Shortcut Keys For Desktop Apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Im trying to use tvgamelauncher to seamlessly switch between monitors for when im racing and when im playing fps games so ive configured everything in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zypher6, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Shortcut Keys For Desktop Apps

Im trying to use tvgamelauncher to seamlessly switch between monitors for when im racing and when im playing fps games so ive configured everything in the tvgamelauncher gui correctly and it all works however on my desktop shortcuts whatever shortcut key i make wont respond, when clicking and running it manually it works but it wont respond at all when pressing the shortcut i set it to does anybody know how to fix?

submitted by /u/Zypher6
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zypher6, Dec 28, 2019

2. shortcut key

Hi Devanshu,

To get a shortcut key for the calculator, go to your desktop and then follow these steps for Windows 10

1. Open the start menu

2. Navigate to calculator in the apps list on the left hand side of the start menu

3. Click and drag the calculator app to your desktop

4. Right-click on calculator and open properties

5. In properties there should be an option to add a shortcut key

ArmadilloHead02, Dec 28, 2019
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Shortcut Keys For Desktop Apps

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Shortcut Keys For Desktop Apps

1. Shortcut Keys For Desktop Apps - Similar Threads - Shortcut Keys Desktop

2. Shortcut key for icons in desktop are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut key for icons in desktop are not working: I have everyday use directories, server folders, web links and other locations folder shortcuts in the desktop. To access them with keyboard. I have set up shortcut for most of them. For example, the "Project" folder shortcut had the Keys "Ctrl + Alt + B". It worked just fine...
  3. Apps/files/shortcuts on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps/files/shortcuts on desktop: I can't seem to find a way to add/copy files or anything on my desktop. Does anyone know how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appsfilesshortcuts-on-desktop/d338707b-6d03-4f18-a946-c8752a813215
  4. Apps/files/shortcuts on desktop

Apps/files/shortcuts on desktop: I can't seem to find a way to add/copy files or anything on my desktop. Does anyone know how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appsfilesshortcuts-on-desktop/d338707b-6d03-4f18-a946-c8752a813215
  5. Shortcut keys not working on Desktop...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut keys not working on Desktop...: Hello, I upgraded my PC to 21H1 recently , and I have started facing some problems one after the other... And now I am unable to use an shortcut keys while on the Desktop like the Home Screen on the Windows 10. I am unable to use the shortcut keys like:- F5 RefreshF2 Rename a...
  6. desktop shortcuts replaced with apps

desktop shortcuts replaced with apps: Woke this morning to find all my shortcuts have gone from the desktop they are still in the folder but they have been replaced by the apps... how do I change them back? windows 10...
  7. Delay in launch desktop shortcut keys

Delay in launch desktop shortcut keys: I have several apps on my desktop that I launch with shortcut keys. For instance, Ctrl-Shift-I launches Google so I can do an Internet search. I have been using these shortcut keys for years, as far back as Windows ME, and they have always been a great time saver. Ever...
  8. Shortcut key to change desktop background

Shortcut key to change desktop background: There are a few threads about changing the desktop background. All of these claim there is no shortcut key. All the threads are locked, or I would add this query to an existing thread. Despite the claims to the contrary, I have many times accidentally changed the desktop...
  9. Shortcuts to Metro Apps on Desktop

Shortcuts to Metro Apps on Desktop: I'm not at home with access to Windows 10. Does anyone know if this still works with Windows 10? Launch any Modern app from desktop without going to Metro screen 31336
  10. Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut: I have a shortcut on the desktop. If you double click on it, it runs the target program just fine. Under 'properties' I have tried assigning various shortcut keys like Ctrl+Alt+N and none of them work. I have also deleted and recreated the desktop shortcut with no luck....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shortcut keys for desktop apps