Windows 10: Shortcut keys not working on Desktop...

Discus and support Shortcut keys not working on Desktop... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I upgraded my PC to 21H1 recently , and I have started facing some problems one after the other... And now I am unable to use an shortcut keys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RajVrun, Jun 27, 2021.

1. RajVrun Win User

Shortcut keys not working on Desktop...

Hello, I upgraded my PC to 21H1 recently , and I have started facing some problems one after the other... And now I am unable to use an shortcut keys while on the Desktop like the Home Screen on the Windows 10. I am unable to use the shortcut keys like:- F5 RefreshF2 Rename a fileCtrl + C & Ctrl + V Copy & Paste.But the weird thing is that I can perfectly use these in the File Explorer and on Chrome itself.If someone knows how to sort this one out, please tell me. Thanks! Shortcut keys not working on Desktop... :D

:)

RajVrun, Jun 27, 2021
  2. cweedon Win User

Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut

The shortcut key does get saved. This is how it looks after I entered the key then pressed OK.
    Then reopened the properties dialog.

Shortcut keys not working on Desktop... [​IMG]

Still the shortcut key does not work

cweedon, Jun 27, 2021
  3. shortcut key

Hi Devanshu,

To get a shortcut key for the calculator, go to your desktop and then follow these steps for Windows 10

1. Open the start menu

2. Navigate to calculator in the apps list on the left hand side of the start menu

3. Click and drag the calculator app to your desktop

4. Right-click on calculator and open properties

5. In properties there should be an option to add a shortcut key

ArmadilloHead02, Jun 27, 2021
  4. TechGuru Win User

Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut

Does the shortcut key actually show up in the shortcut itself or does the shortcut key not get saved? Try setting the shortcut key, and clicking okay/apply and opening the properties again to see if the key is saving.

It should look like this:

Shortcut keys not working on Desktop... [​IMG]

TechGuru, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Shortcut keys not working on Desktop... - Similar Threads - Shortcut keys working

2. Desktop shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop shortcuts not working: Have researched and tried various possibilities without success to resolve the problem.Windows 10.Have a fair number of shortcuts on my desktop.A few are now not working.Specifically when I pick on a particular shortcut now opens a new Google Tab where a few shortcuts are now...
  3. Desktop shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop shortcuts not working: Have researched and tried various possibilities without success to resolve the problem.Windows 10.Have a fair number of shortcuts on my desktop.A few are now not working.Specifically when I pick on a particular shortcut now opens a new Google Tab where a few shortcuts are now...
  4. Shortcut key for icons in desktop are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut key for icons in desktop are not working: I have everyday use directories, server folders, web links and other locations folder shortcuts in the desktop. To access them with keyboard. I have set up shortcut for most of them. For example, the "Project" folder shortcut had the Keys "Ctrl + Alt + B". It worked just fine...
  5. Shortcut key for icons in desktop are not working

Shortcut key for icons in desktop are not working: I have everyday use directories, server folders, web links and other locations folder shortcuts in the desktop. To access them with keyboard. I have set up shortcut for most of them. For example, the "Project" folder shortcut had the Keys "Ctrl + Alt + B". It worked just fine...
  6. Shortcut keys for changing desktop no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut keys for changing desktop no longer working: Hi,I use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + Windows key + arrow left or right to move to another desktop on Windows 11 with all available updates installed.Since yesterday it stopped working; I can only change desktop by using the mouse. Tried a different keyboard wired: still not...
  7. Shortcut keys for changing desktop no longer working

Shortcut keys for changing desktop no longer working: Hi,I use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + Windows key + arrow left or right to move to another desktop on Windows 11 with all available updates installed.Since yesterday it stopped working; I can only change desktop by using the mouse. Tried a different keyboard wired: still not...
  8. Shortcut Keys For Desktop Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut Keys For Desktop Apps: Im trying to use tvgamelauncher to seamlessly switch between monitors for when im racing and when im playing fps games so ive configured everything in the tvgamelauncher gui correctly and it all works however on my desktop shortcuts whatever shortcut key i make wont respond,...
  9. Shortcut key doesn't work from desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut key doesn't work from desktop: I've made a Batch script that allows me to quickly type in what program I want to launch, and have it assigned to Ctrl+Shift+C. It is placed in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. The shortcut key works when applications are opened and everything, except for...
  10. Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut: I have a shortcut on the desktop. If you double click on it, it runs the target program just fine. Under 'properties' I have tried assigning various shortcut keys like Ctrl+Alt+N and none of them work. I have also deleted and recreated the desktop shortcut with no luck....