Windows 10: Shortcut keys to open MS Office applications keep disappearing

Discus and support Shortcut keys to open MS Office applications keep disappearing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I wonder if anyone could help with this issue I have been having for many months: I use MS Office on a Windows 10 desktop, have previously used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mark Franklin, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Shortcut keys to open MS Office applications keep disappearing

I wonder if anyone could help with this issue I have been having for many months:

I use MS Office on a Windows 10 desktop, have previously used Office 2016 and recently upgraded to Office 2019.

I like to set up Shortcut Key sequences to open each piece of software - e.g. holding CTRL + ALT + E will open Excel, CTRL + ALT + W will open Word, and so on.

This is acheived by finding the the shortcut files (in my case, stored in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. I right-click the desired file and there is an option to set a Shortcut Keystroke sequence in there.

All works fine for a few days/weeks then all of a sudden all of the shortcut keystrokes have disappeared. The files are still there, but I have to right-click and retype in the key sequences again.

It has been going on for many months, and affected 2016 and 2019 versions.

The shortcut keystroke data for all MS Office applications disappear all at the same time. I have tested by setting similar shortcuts for other apps in the same folder (e.g. Adobe Photoshop) and none of these are ever affected/deleted.

Therefore the issue must lie with MS Office - perhaps when it performs a behind the scenes update, it decides to overwrite the shortcut files? Never had this issue in the distant past so I wonder if there is a way around it.

Many thanks indeed,

Mark

[Moved from: Office / Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Office 2019]

:)

Mark Franklin, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Rule-R Win User

Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Devon68 Win User
    Open Office

I used ms office for ever. Then I decided to try open office and when I opened a file and changed some things and decided to go back to ms office the file was messed up. Luckily I had a backup file

Devon68, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Shortcut keys to open MS Office applications keep disappearing

Office Product hangs when I am connected to the internet

Hi Boikhutso,

Since you are encountering certain problems when using your Office apps, we suggest that you open Office apps in safe mode on your computer by following the steps below:

Press and hold the CTRL key to open an Office application

1. Find the shortcut icon for your Office application.

2. Press and hold the CTRL key and double-click the application shortcut.

3. Click Yes when a window appears asking if you want to start the application in Safe Mode.

Let us know of any feedback regarding the issue.

Jenicel Dri, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Shortcut keys to open MS Office applications keep disappearing

1. Shortcut keys to open MS Office applications keep disappearing - Similar Threads - Shortcut keys open

2. can't open ms office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't open ms office: Some of my file MS excel cannot open, because i just updated my windows 11 while im working with this file, now its stuck on 100% while opened, another file can open but only shows sandtime for a long time,.. but this file can open on another PC or Laptop,this file its not...
  3. can't open ms office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't open ms office: Some of my file MS excel cannot open, because i just updated my windows 11 while im working with this file, now its stuck on 100% while opened, another file can open but only shows sandtime for a long time,.. but this file can open on another PC or Laptop,this file its not...
  4. Windows Explorer and MS Office Applications not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer and MS Office Applications not working: For past 2 months, Windows 10 started behaving strangelyAnd since last 2 days, the same problem has now come to MS Office Word, Excel & PPT also and made me unable to do substantial part of my work. I am just not able to select and open files.When I open Explorer and select a...
  5. Genuine Product Keys for MS Office

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Genuine Product Keys for MS Office: Hello, I'm new to this sub and I'm not really sure if this is the place to ask this. A friend of mine sells product keys for software like Windows, MS Office etc. I'm interested in buying one for MS Office to install in my new pc (70% cheaper compared to the price on...
  6. What is the shortcut for opening Office?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the shortcut for opening Office?: Today my cat hit Windows key and some other keys around it and my PC opened the Microsoft Office instantly. And now i wonder what was that shortcut.. I pressed every button near Windows key(Windows key + other key combination) and i got nothing so far.. submitted by...
  7. MS-Office key invaild

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS-Office key invaild: I had problems with my MS-Office (Home and Student 2010) for two weeks now. After several attemps of fixing the problem the classical way (repair, un- and reinstall, ...) have failed my friend recommend me this page...
  8. Shortcut keys assigned to Microsoft Office applications getting removed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut keys assigned to Microsoft Office applications getting removed: I wonder if anyone could help with this issue I have been having for many months: I use MS Office on a Windows 10 desktop, have previously used Office 2016 and recently upgraded to Office 2019. I like to set up Shortcut Key sequences to open each piece of software - e.g....
  9. Keep application open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep application open: Is there any way to let my application open straight away after shutting down? E.g. If i am using a browser or microsoft powerpoint, it will reopen after turning my computer back on...
  10. Shortcut arrows keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut arrows keep disappearing: Since upgrading to W10 from W7, any shortcuts held within folders lose their little arrows after a few hours making them indistinguishable from the original file icons. Replacing these shortcuts with new ones, does not help as the same thing happens after a short time. All...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shortcut for all applications disappear

2. ms office applications shortcuts

3. shortcut to open option in ms office

4. Create Ctrl E shortcut to launch office applications,
  5. shortcut key to open office apps ,
  6. all MS office shortcut disappear