Windows 10: Shortcut loading error

Discus and support Shortcut loading error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Several times over the years a start up shortcut that loads a macro player suddenly begins to throw a prompt at every boot, yet the app is launched.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by borgus, Sep 14, 2018.

1. borgus Win User

Shortcut loading error

Several times over the years a start up shortcut that loads a macro player suddenly begins to throw a prompt at every boot, yet the app is launched. "Cannot load shortcuts; index out of bounds." No event viewer error.

Disable the shortcut - no prompt, so it is definitely the cause.Restoring an image of the O/S fixes it.

Open to clues on why it appears, and what else can be done to abolish it? SFC is clean. No virus, no malware.

:)

borgus, Sep 14, 2018
  2. mbmeadows Win User

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Sep 14, 2018
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Shortcut loading error :)

terrace, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Shortcut loading error

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Shortcut loading error

1. Shortcut loading error - Similar Threads - Shortcut loading error

2. mouse loading icon, keyboard shortcuts dont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse loading icon, keyboard shortcuts dont work: HI, latest windows 11 update. now mouse has loading icon next to it - fixed through control panel, then search:mouse, i chose icon basic icon for mouse loading icon. But i have bit of twist. Before update i used shortcuts through keyboard as: W button + D or X or all of the...
  3. mouse loading icon, keyboard shortcuts dont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse loading icon, keyboard shortcuts dont work: HI, latest windows 11 update. now mouse has loading icon next to it - fixed through control panel, then search:mouse, i chose icon basic icon for mouse loading icon. But i have bit of twist. Before update i used shortcuts through keyboard as: W button + D or X or all of the...
  4. "Loading" error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Loading" error.: I am running Windows 10 Pro. Every now and then, I get a blue screen with the messaage "Loading". The computer then powers down. There is no pattern as to when this will happen. I have checked everything I can think of. I even went to JustAnswer and they could not solve it....
  5. Windows 10 -Thumbnails and shortcuts loading slowly in folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 -Thumbnails and shortcuts loading slowly in folders: Constantly, over multiple installations, I've been having issues with the loading of thumbnails, so much so that I've just come to the conclusion that it's a standard issue with Windows 10. Several times a day, whenever I open my download folder or other picture folders,...
  6. Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working

Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working: One of the computers in my office has been playing up. It was not opening the start menu or launching programs from the task bar. I reset the computer yesterday, and it seemed to work fine. Today, it doesn't even want to load the desktop on startup. Run SFC and it came...
  7. Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working

Desktop/taskbar not loading, windows shortcuts not working: One of the computers in my office has been playing up. It was not opening the start menu or launching programs from the task bar. After booting into safe mode, it seemed to work again, but then failed to launch anything in the next few hours. I reset the computer...
  8. Shortcut keys error

Shortcut keys error: On my pc there a several shortcut key error such as when I type I use ctrl+c to copy but this type when I select and ctrl+c it the text get erased another is in the windows 10 calculator when I type 6 with number keys which is usually in right side the calculator erases...
  9. loading error

loading error: the message....an error has occurred in loading this website....happens a lot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/loading-error/8dc982be-f555-40a7-901b-cfcaa3bfeb0f
  10. Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Shortcut in Desktop/Taskbar won't load: I use Google Chrome as my search engine. I downloaded the program and have been using it since I got this computer about 5 weeks ago. I had a shortcut on my desktop and one on my taskbar at the bottom. I also had an app in my charm bar in the windows window in the bottom...