Windows 10: Shortcut not deleting

Discus and support Shortcut not deleting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I made a shortcut to one of my other drives on my desktop a while ago, and now I don't need it anymore. I was trying to delete it but when I go to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HardlineMouse16, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Shortcut not deleting

I made a shortcut to one of my other drives on my desktop a while ago, and now I don't need it anymore. I was trying to delete it but when I go to do that, it tells me its gonna delete the entire drive? is there any way to just delete the shortcut?

:)

HardlineMouse16, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

Shortcut not deleting

1. Shortcut not deleting - Similar Threads - Shortcut deleting

2. How to delete o change Notepad shortcut Ctrl + Shift Right-to-left reading order?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete o change Notepad shortcut Ctrl + Shift Right-to-left reading order?: I use a lot the keys ctrl + shift + left / right arrow, and sometimes a lot I just press ctrl + shift and it change to the Right-to-left reading order and pressing again the shortcut don't disable the Right-to-left reading order option, so I have to right click and disable...
  3. How to delete o change Notepad shortcut Ctrl + Shift Right-to-left reading order?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete o change Notepad shortcut Ctrl + Shift Right-to-left reading order?: I use a lot the keys ctrl + shift + left / right arrow, and sometimes a lot I just press ctrl + shift and it change to the Right-to-left reading order and pressing again the shortcut don't disable the Right-to-left reading order option, so I have to right click and disable...
  4. Unable to delete a web link shortcut.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete a web link shortcut.: I've been deleting a bunch of onedrive data in association to my college's account, now that I have completed the course, but I'm stuck with this random weblink shortcut:I hope someone can help me deal with this issue.The black bar btw is for the sake of hiding the...
  5. Unable to delete a web link shortcut.

Unable to delete a web link shortcut.: I've been deleting a bunch of onedrive data in association to my college's account, now that I have completed the course, but I'm stuck with this random weblink shortcut:I hope someone can help me deal with this issue.The black bar btw is for the sake of hiding the...
  6. How can I delete a Public Desktop shortcut without deleting the linked program?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete a Public Desktop shortcut without deleting the linked program?: When trying to delete some application shortcuts while running as a standard user, I receive a UAC prompt asking me for admin credentials to delete the linked program file rather than the shortcut .lnk file itself. e.g.How can I delete only the shortcut file?...
  7. How can I delete a Public Desktop shortcut without deleting the linked program?

How can I delete a Public Desktop shortcut without deleting the linked program?: When trying to delete some application shortcuts while running as a standard user, I receive a UAC prompt asking me for admin credentials to delete the linked program file rather than the shortcut .lnk file itself. e.g.How can I delete only the shortcut file?...
  8. Deleted browser shortcuts still appearing in Settings > Apps > Installed apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted browser shortcuts still appearing in Settings > Apps > Installed apps: I have recently deleted some Google Chrome browser shortcuts from my Windows computer. These browser shortcuts are still appearing as apps in Settings > Apps > Installed apps. How can I delete these references to browser shortcuts that are no longer on my computer? I have...
  9. Deleted browser shortcuts still appearing in Settings > Apps > Installed apps

Deleted browser shortcuts still appearing in Settings > Apps > Installed apps: I have recently deleted some Google Chrome browser shortcuts from my Windows computer. These browser shortcuts are still appearing as apps in Settings > Apps > Installed apps. How can I delete these references to browser shortcuts that are no longer on my computer? I have...
  10. How do I delete an 'Internet Shortcut' from File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete an 'Internet Shortcut' from File Explorer?: I have two 'internet shortcuts' in the document section of my files that are unable to be deleted. I have selected them and clicked the delete button at the top of the page, but they only disappear for a second before reappearing. They both direct me to OneNote on Google...