Windows 10: shortcut problem

Discus and support shortcut problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can not access desk top short cuts to open files in office programs. They exist, i can see them on the desk top but do appear when i go to files. 25407 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Christos, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Christos Win User

shortcut problem

I can not access desk top short cuts to open files in office programs. They exist, i can see them on the desk top but do appear when i go to files.

:)

Christos, Oct 6, 2015
  2. toppss Win User

problem with shortcut

I followed instructions and found Target which says Files (x86) Imesh Applications \Imesh\Imesh.exe" which I don't understand what to do next.

toppss, Oct 6, 2015
  3. Shortcut Problem

@arkwright

Have you tried re-installing existing device software with Nokia Suite?

aspergerguy, Oct 6, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

shortcut problem

Hi, sorry, I can't quite understand what you're saying yet, so could you answer these questions please?

This is clear: You have some shortcuts to office files on your desktop, but you have a problem with them.

1. What happens when you double (left) click on them?
    2. What do you see if you right click, scroll down to properties- can you post a screen shot of important properties?
    3. Can you explain "but do appear when i go to files." please?
    4. What happened before the problem started, and were the shortcuts working previously?

dalchina, Oct 6, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Look under C:\Users\Public\Desktop, see if they are there.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

shortcut problem

1. shortcut problem - Similar Threads - shortcut problem

2. Problem with shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with shortcut: I have faced a problem which the text "The folder 'file' specified in the Start box is not valid. Make sure that the folder exists and the path is correct."Personally I am a Valorant player but the game short cut is somehow broken or something.The text appears every time I do...
  3. Problem with shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with shortcut: I have faced a problem which the text "The folder 'file' specified in the Start box is not valid. Make sure that the folder exists and the path is correct."Personally I am a Valorant player but the game short cut is somehow broken or something.The text appears every time I do...
  4. Problem With Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem With Shortcut: Recently used disk drill to recover a download. Now every time I click the download it says the item that this shortcut refers to has been moved or changed so this shortcut will no longer work properly do you want to delete shortcut. I tried verify the target programs...
  5. Problem With Shortcut

Problem With Shortcut: Recently used disk drill to recover a download. Now every time I click the download it says the item that this shortcut refers to has been moved or changed so this shortcut will no longer work properly do you want to delete shortcut. I tried verify the target programs...
  6. I have a problem with shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a problem with shortcuts.: Background: I wanted to free up some space on my laptop by throwing several folders in OneDrive and didn't want to figure out what was in those folders, then it turned out that those folders contained a lot of desktop program shortcuts. when I finished moving the folders I...
  7. I have a problem with shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with shortcuts.: Background: I wanted to free up some space on my laptop by throwing several folders in OneDrive and didn't want to figure out what was in those folders, then it turned out that those folders contained a lot of desktop program shortcuts. when I finished moving the folders I...
  8. I have a problem with shortcuts.

9. Problem with Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Shortcut: Hello, the message Problem with Shortcut popped up, I pressed it by mistake and the icon disappeared, has the program that was the shortcut been deleted and is it possible to restore everything?...
  10. Problem with Shortcut

Problem with Shortcut: Hello, the message Problem with Shortcut popped up, I pressed it by mistake and the icon disappeared, has the program that was the shortcut been deleted and is it possible to restore everything?...