Windows 10: Shortcut removal

Discus and support Shortcut removal in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi recently my keyboard completely broke. When I press CTRL it goes into full screen for no reason, the shift becomes an enter, the backspace only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NGJUN XIANG, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Shortcut removal

Hi recently my keyboard completely broke. When I press CTRL it goes into full screen for no reason, the shift becomes an enter, the backspace only deletes one letter no matter how long I held onto it. This happened all of a sudden for completely no reason at all.

:)

NGJUN XIANG, Sep 16, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Shortcut removal :)

terrace, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Michael Win User
    Remove yellow/blue sheild icon from shortcuts

After upgrading to Windows 10, some desktop shortcuts have UAC shield icons. Is it possible to remove them?

Shortcut removal [​IMG]

EDIT: Here's a solution...
    Launch the shortcuts via CMD:

1. Right-click the shortcut to Properties
    2. Click Change Icon, then click OK when its window pops up (necessary step to avoid losing the icon)
    3. Add the following, plus a space, to the beginning of the Target field, leaving the existing path at the end:
      Code:
      Code:
      cmd /c start ""
    I had previously solved this by editing a system icon file, but that method doesn't seem to be working as of update 1607, plus it was a lot more trouble.

Michael, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Shortcut removal

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Shortcut removal

1. Shortcut removal - Similar Threads - Shortcut removal

2. Just removal of shortcut key beside the mouse's right click options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just removal of shortcut key beside the mouse's right click options: -- Now I have this type of right click menu. I don't want the shortcut keys that are shown beside the option. I just want the right click menu like below pictures. I didn't like to show the command keys beside the option. Thanks-...
  3. Just removal of shortcut key beside the mouse's right click options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just removal of shortcut key beside the mouse's right click options: -- Now I have this type of right click menu. I don't want the shortcut keys that are shown beside the option. I just want the right click menu like below pictures. I didn't like to show the command keys beside the option. Thanks-...
  4. How can I remove mouse's right click menu's shortcut??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove mouse's right click menu's shortcut??: Hey, There!Greetings! I am a windows 11 user. I just want to know how to remove the mouse's right click command shortcut key. Such as Ctrl+Z shows on the right side of undo. I just want the undo option, no shortcut command I want.I just don't want to have shortcut key...
  5. How can I remove mouse's right click menu's shortcut??

How can I remove mouse's right click menu's shortcut??: Hey, There!Greetings! I am a windows 11 user. I just want to know how to remove the mouse's right click command shortcut key. Such as Ctrl+Z shows on the right side of undo. I just want the undo option, no shortcut command I want.I just don't want to have shortcut key...
  6. How do I remove a OneDrive shortcut from my Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I remove a OneDrive shortcut from my Documents folder?: I was trying to move my Documents folder over to my second hard drive, but it ended up just creating a OneDrive shortcut instead. It's still inside my C hard drive. I did desync/stop backup. I'd add a photo but there's an error occuring, sorry....
  7. How do I remove a OneDrive shortcut from my Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a OneDrive shortcut from my Documents folder?: I was trying to move my Documents folder over to my second hard drive, but it ended up just creating a OneDrive shortcut instead. It's still inside my C hard drive. I did desync/stop backup. I'd add a photo but there's an error occuring, sorry....
  8. How do I remove a OneDrive shortcut from my Documents folder?

9. How do I remove the feature that when you switch desktops using the shortcut, it says at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the feature that when you switch desktops using the shortcut, it says at...: Hello!The title says it all, but when you use the switch desktops shortcut ctrl + windows + left/right in the new windows 11 update it will make it say at the bottom middle "Desktop 1" or "Desktop 2" and won't go away until a minute. How to remove?Thanks!!...
  10. How do I remove the feature that when you switch desktops using the shortcut, it says at...

How do I remove the feature that when you switch desktops using the shortcut, it says at...: Hello!The title says it all, but when you use the switch desktops shortcut ctrl + windows + left/right in the new windows 11 update it will make it say at the bottom middle "Desktop 1" or "Desktop 2" and won't go away until a minute. How to remove?Thanks!!...