Windows 10: Shortcut removal

Discus and support Shortcut removal in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi recently my keyboard completely broke. When I press CTRL it goes into full screen for no reason, the shift becomes an enter, the backspace only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NGJUN XIANG, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Shortcut removal

Hi recently my keyboard completely broke. When I press CTRL it goes into full screen for no reason, the shift becomes an enter, the backspace only deletes one letter no matter how long I held onto it. This happened all of a sudden for completely no reason at all.

:)

NGJUN XIANG, Sep 16, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Shortcut removal :)

terrace, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Michael Win User
    Remove yellow/blue sheild icon from shortcuts

After upgrading to Windows 10, some desktop shortcuts have UAC shield icons. Is it possible to remove them?

Shortcut removal [​IMG]

EDIT: Here's a solution...
    Launch the shortcuts via CMD:

1. Right-click the shortcut to Properties
    2. Click Change Icon, then click OK when its window pops up (necessary step to avoid losing the icon)
    3. Add the following, plus a space, to the beginning of the Target field, leaving the existing path at the end:
      Code:
      Code:
      cmd /c start ""
    I had previously solved this by editing a system icon file, but that method doesn't seem to be working as of update 1607, plus it was a lot more trouble.

Michael, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Shortcut removal

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Shortcut removal

1. Shortcut removal - Similar Threads - Shortcut removal

2. Remove shortcuts from Start Menu Windows 10 2004 19041.508

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove shortcuts from Start Menu Windows 10 2004 19041.508: I have gone through this thread I was used to this solution in versions before 1909 and didn't find this solution to work for the 2004 build. I can't comment in that thread because it is locked. What is the correct way to do this now?...
  3. System Restore in W10 - removes desktop shortcut?!?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore in W10 - removes desktop shortcut?!?: Could someone please confirm that W10 shouldn't remove a desktop shortcut following a system restore because it was a user file. I added a desktop shortcut to a web page a couple of days ago and this morning carried out a system restore to restore my desktop PC configuration...
  4. Remove shortcut arrow icons (corrupts to black square)

Remove shortcut arrow icons (corrupts to black square): Hiya everyone, I have a problem. I've been trying to get rid of the shortcut arrow icons for over 2 weeks now and no matter what I do they keep corrupting to a black square. Sometimes it works, and the icon is just gone, but it's 50/50 (actually 75/25) whether the black...
  5. How do you remove a start menu entry with no associated shortcut? (NVIDIA Control Panel entry)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you remove a start menu entry with no associated shortcut? (NVIDIA Control Panel entry): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/I1l1I1l [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i33isd/how_do_you_remove_a_start_menu_entry_with_no/
  6. System Restore in W10 - removes desktop shortcut?!?

in Windows 10 Support
    System Restore in W10 - removes desktop shortcut?!?: Could someone please confirm that W10 shouldn't remove a desktop shortcut following a system restore because it was a user file. I added a desktop shortcut to a web page a couple of days ago and this morning carried out a system restore to restore my desktop PC configuration...
  7. How to remove shortcuts PCs from This PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove shortcuts PCs from This PC?: Hi, would anyone know how to remove these icons from This PC? I turn to the English-speaking community because the Czech one is very small. [ATTACH]...
  8. How do I remove a shortcut from my desktop without deleting the file? - Windows 10

How do I remove a shortcut from my desktop without deleting the file? - Windows 10: About ten minutes ago I had to do an update, and after doing it I find I had Microsoft Edge put on my desktop and taskbar. I've been able to unpin it from my taskbar, but how to I remove the shortcut icon without actually deleting the whole thing? Is there even a way? It's...
  9. is it possible to remove the shortcut icon?

is it possible to remove the shortcut icon?: I have some cool icons but they are ruined by the shortcut icon, is it possible to replace the image for the shortcut or remove it all together. submitted by /u/mareno999 [link] [comments]...
  10. To remove auto added "New Edge" shortcut from desktop

To remove auto added "New Edge" shortcut from desktop: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xgizmobratx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hlps6b/to_remove_auto_added_new_edge_shortcut_from/